• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Blindspot Stuff

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Like someone who's professionally into the enneagram who's interviewed thousands of people and has a pretty good sense of what to look for.

Guess that costs some money though :)

Reading conflicting accounts of what-means-what on the internet is confusing and every time I think I've got it sorted out I find some inconsistency. Like how I can remain blithely non-involved in everything I touch--I fit MANY of the criteria for a social-last. But then I look at how much of a foundation I've built in life and my attitudes toward the sp-realm. It's like...I dunno what's my core type, what's my cognitive functions, what's instinctual, what's ingrained, and what's me.

There are multiple ways I could look at it, and I need someone who can see through the bullshit, basically.

Thing is the expert will just be someone who subscribes to one specific version of the system... so basically you'll just be subscribing to that version of it, you might as well do it yourself.

Well I'm not trying to discourage you lol, just my thoughts. And I'm sure it's fun getting typed by a professional, I would try it for fun :p

Oh and as for the bolded, I think that requires deeper analysis than just getting typed. It certainly sounds like an interesting analysis.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Guess that costs some money though :)

Thing is the expert will just be someone who subscribes to one specific version of the system... so basically you'll just be subscribing to that version of it, you might as well do it yourself.

Well I'm not trying to discourage you lol, just my thoughts. And I'm sure it's fun getting typed by a professional, I would try it for fun :p

Oh and as for the bolded, I think that requires deeper analysis than just getting typed. It certainly sounds like an interesting analysis.
That's all true, and basically I don't have a) the money or b) the location to do it. So I stick with sx/soc with the possibility of renegotiating it.

But, if I had the spare cash, yeah, it would be fun and possibly insightful to do so.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] and [MENTION=18576]Sanjuro[/MENTION] these are all great. :D

This is what I woke up to today:

-vomit on my pants
-trash can knocked over with some puke on the floor
-pillowcase removed and on the floor with some dried vomit on it
-phone missing (still is tbh)
-headphones and charger missing
-vomit on my blanket
-nasty headache
-gagging at the sheer thought of vodka

Too many shots. Too many shots. Don't ask me how it happened because I blacked out.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Update: walked to the dining hall with my friends and it wasn't until we got in that I realized there was vomit on my shirt.

B

brainheart

[MENTION=20622]valaki[/MENTION], [MENTION=18576]Sanjuro[/MENTION],

I think too much emphasis is placed on blindspot vs what the top two instincts are, honestly. I mean, I don't care a whole lot about social stuff but that doesn't mean I have no concept of it. Similarly, my so/sx husband is actually pretty good at taking care of himself. But a social last will probably look less to a group for support/resources, while a self pres last will probably be more dependent on others for support/resources. The instincts are all about preservation, after all. Sexual ensures survival through intimate connections, social through group connections, self pres does it themselves.

I think no matter what an extrovert is going to seem less self pres because the primary mode of orientation is focused outward, just as social first introverts don't seem particularly social in the conventional way because they tend to be shy rather than outgoing.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=20622]valaki[/MENTION], [MENTION=18576]Sanjuro[/MENTION],

I think too much emphasis is placed on blindspot vs what the top two instincts are, honestly. I mean, I don't care a whole lot about social stuff but that doesn't mean I have no concept of it. Similarly, my so/sx husband is actually pretty good at taking care of himself. But a social last will probably look less to a group for support/resources, while a self pres last will probably be more dependent on others for support/resources. The instincts are all about preservation, after all. Sexual ensures survival through intimate connections, social through group connections, self pres does it themselves.

I think no matter what an extrovert is going to seem less self pres because the primary mode of orientation is focused outward, just as social first introverts don't seem particularly social in the conventional way because they tend to be shy rather than outgoing.

Hey that's a nice summary. I'll stick with Sx/Sp then. :)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:laugh: @ all of Chanaynay's posts here.

A while ago, I had a friend over at my place, and made her coffee. When I brought the half and half over...

Me: "It's a little old, but should be fine."
Her (after pouring some into her coffee): "... It's curdling."
Me: "Yeah, it's been doing that to me, too. Usually I just pour it in my portable coffee mug and drink it with the lid on, so I don't have to look at it."
Her: "EJ, you should throw that half and half out."

:doh:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:laugh: @ all of Chanaynay's posts here.

A while ago, I had a friend over at my place, and made her coffee. When I brought the half and half over...

Me: "It's a little old, but should be fine."
Her (after pouring some into her coffee): "... It's curdling."
Me: "Yeah, it's been doing that to me, too. Usually I just pour it in my portable coffee mug and drink it with the lid on, so I don't have to look at it."
Her: "EJ, you should throw that half and half out."

:doh:

AMAZING

What can I say? Us sp-lasts just have stomachs of steel.
icon_local_aimkissyface.gif

I feel like being sp-last makes for comical situations. And we're always that person that everyone else is like "you're ridiculous." Or "you would wear sweats and a tank out in 10 degree weather" (this happened).

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
AMAZING

:yes: !

Common EJCC-ism #1,000,153: "I have no idea what that is, but I'm eating it." :laugh:

I feel like being sp-last makes for comical situations. And we're always that person that everyone else is like "you're ridiculous." Or "you would wear sweats and a tank out in 10 degree weather" (this happened).
Nice :laugh:

Doesn't help when you put two sp-lasts together. Recipe for burnout, lack of sleep... :doh: When my sx/so ENFP bestie and I traveled through Europe, we hit up like four or five countries in a week. We had one rest day, but it was an accident. :laugh:

And did I mention that the first day I was in Europe -- when I was still reeeeally jet lagged -- I decided it was a good idea to schedule a job interview on Skype at 9pm?? :laugh: And of course I didn't get the job. :doh:

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]

wow an ESTJ can be really like that? interesting

That makes me even more sure that I'm not Sp-last myself :)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]

wow an ESTJ can be really like that? interesting

That makes me even more sure that I'm not Sp-last myself :)
Yeah, just imagine your typical ESTJ, hyper-driven and task-oriented, and then superimpose on that image a near-total disregard for physical needs. The job needs to get done at all costs! Oh it's 4am? Should be sleeping instead of working? Whatever, three more cups of coffee and it'll get done!

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] and [MENTION=18576]Sanjuro[/MENTION] these are all great. :D

This is what I woke up to today:

-vomit on my pants
-trash can knocked over with some puke on the floor
-pillowcase removed and on the floor with some dried vomit on it
-phone missing (still is tbh)
-headphones and charger missing
-vomit on my blanket
-nasty headache
-gagging at the sheer thought of vodka

Too many shots. Too many shots. Don't ask me how it happened because I blacked out.
Thank god, I have never had this experience. I also doubt that's sp-last in and of itself.

Wait, what?? :shock::D ;)

I wear coats in 90 degree weather. Am awesome.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hard to know how much of this sort of thing is "sensotardation" and how much of it is sp-last...

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thank god, I have never had this experience. I also doubt that's sp-last in and of itself.

:thinking: I think it depends. I know my tolerance, but I still decided to go over it before the alcohol kicked in because (like the little so/sx I am) more friends of mine kept walking in and I wanted to take shots with all of them. I think an sp type would be more cautious in that sense, but if the alcohol had already kicked in well...everyone is Superman when they're drunk right? :alttongue:

Wait, what?? :shock::D ;)

I was just playin. :laugh: Cus [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] and I both just simply put up with the expired dairy products.

:hifive: In the name of looking awesome!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know my tolerance, but I still decided to go over it before the alcohol kicked in because (like the little so/sx I am) more friends of mine kept walking in and I wanted to take shots with all of them.
This is so freaking so/sx -- I can't count the number of times I've fallen into similar traps! Helping friends with their homework at the expense of my own... talking to friends until 4am when I had class early the next morning... visiting friends over a weekend with the knowledge that I'd spend twice as much time traveling by bus (all day one way and all night on the way back) as actually being with them (late morning to early evening one day)...

(Edit: I know these things individually don't have to be so/sx, but my point is that they're all parts of a trend)

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hard to know how much of this sort of thing is "sensotardation" and how much of it is sp-last...
In my case it's because I'm weirdly geared towards feeling cold all the time and hot temperatures don't bother me (unless we get into 110+ degrees). I seldom go out in shorts and a t-shirt in cold temperatures. Yeah, I don't think it really is indicative of sp-last, but it is fun to mention. :D

:thinking: I think it depends. I know my tolerance, but I still decided to go over it before the alcohol kicked in because (like the little so/sx I am) more friends of mine kept walking in and I wanted to take shots with all of them. I think an sp type would be more cautious in that sense, but if the alcohol had already kicked in well...everyone is Superman when they're drunk right? :alttongue:
LOL! Yeah, if it's for the reasons you say, it could be sp-last.

I was just playin. :laugh: Cus [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] and I both just simply put up with the expired dairy products.
I was just messing with ya. I think expiry dates are irrelevant, though, as long as the food is edible. When milk goes bad, you know it, so as long as it didn't make you gag, it's technically safe.

:hifive: In the name of looking awesome!
:hifive:

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Why coats? :p

Though I can wear long trousers in 100 degree weather. It's fine, it doesn't kill me (I don't even feel it would be uncomfortably warm)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cuz they're comfy.
The one time I went to Los Angeles, it was January and about 70 degrees. Where I'm from, it's usually 20 degrees or below in the winter, so I was wearing t-shirts/tank tops the whole time -- but I can't count the number of dudes I saw wearing puffy coats. Like, "It's winter, and winter is for coat-wearing... THEREFORE..." And I'd just watch them passing by, with these macho poses and swaggering walks, and think to myself "There's a tough guy, bundling up in 70 degree weather."

Though I can wear long trousers in 100 degree weather. It's fine, it doesn't kill me (I don't even feel it would be uncomfortably warm)
Agreed -- if you're in the sun and it's 100 degrees, it's usually cooler to cover up (depending on what you're covering up with).