Thread: Blindspot Stuff

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    Like someone who's professionally into the enneagram who's interviewed thousands of people and has a pretty good sense of what to look for.
    Guess that costs some money though

Reading conflicting accounts of what-means-what on the internet is confusing and every time I think I've got it sorted out I find some inconsistency. Like how I can remain blithely non-involved in everything I touch--I fit MANY of the criteria for a social-last. But then I look at how much of a foundation I've built in life and my attitudes toward the sp-realm. It's like...I dunno what's my core type, what's my cognitive functions, what's instinctual, what's ingrained, and what's me.

There are multiple ways I could look at it, and I need someone who can see through the bullshit, basically.
    Thing is the expert will just be someone who subscribes to one specific version of the system... so basically you'll just be subscribing to that version of it, you might as well do it yourself.

Well I'm not trying to discourage you lol, just my thoughts. And I'm sure it's fun getting typed by a professional, I would try it for fun :p

Oh and as for the bolded, I think that requires deeper analysis than just getting typed. It certainly sounds like an interesting analysis.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Guess that costs some money though

Thing is the expert will just be someone who subscribes to one specific version of the system... so basically you'll just be subscribing to that version of it, you might as well do it yourself.

Well I'm not trying to discourage you lol, just my thoughts. And I'm sure it's fun getting typed by a professional, I would try it for fun :p

Oh and as for the bolded, I think that requires deeper analysis than just getting typed. It certainly sounds like an interesting analysis.
    That's all true, and basically I don't have a) the money or b) the location to do it. So I stick with sx/soc with the possibility of renegotiating it.

But, if I had the spare cash, yeah, it would be fun and possibly insightful to do so.

Stansmith

My sleep cycle is pretty much in reverse.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

@Amargith and @Sanjuro these are all great.

This is what I woke up to today:

-vomit on my pants
    -trash can knocked over with some puke on the floor
    -pillowcase removed and on the floor with some dried vomit on it
    -phone missing (still is tbh)
    -headphones and charger missing
    -vomit on my blanket
    -nasty headache
    -gagging at the sheer thought of vodka

Too many shots. Too many shots. Don't ask me how it happened because I blacked out.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Update: walked to the dining hall with my friends and it wasn't until we got in that I realized there was vomit on my shirt.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

brainheart

@valaki, @Sanjuro,

I think too much emphasis is placed on blindspot vs what the top two instincts are, honestly. I mean, I don't care a whole lot about social stuff but that doesn't mean I have no concept of it. Similarly, my so/sx husband is actually pretty good at taking care of himself. But a social last will probably look less to a group for support/resources, while a self pres last will probably be more dependent on others for support/resources. The instincts are all about preservation, after all. Sexual ensures survival through intimate connections, social through group connections, self pres does it themselves.

I think no matter what an extrovert is going to seem less self pres because the primary mode of orientation is focused outward, just as social first introverts don't seem particularly social in the conventional way because they tend to be shy rather than outgoing.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    @valaki, @Sanjuro,

I think too much emphasis is placed on blindspot vs what the top two instincts are, honestly. I mean, I don't care a whole lot about social stuff but that doesn't mean I have no concept of it. Similarly, my so/sx husband is actually pretty good at taking care of himself. But a social last will probably look less to a group for support/resources, while a self pres last will probably be more dependent on others for support/resources. The instincts are all about preservation, after all. Sexual ensures survival through intimate connections, social through group connections, self pres does it themselves.

I think no matter what an extrovert is going to seem less self pres because the primary mode of orientation is focused outward, just as social first introverts don't seem particularly social in the conventional way because they tend to be shy rather than outgoing.
    Hey that's a nice summary. I'll stick with Sx/Sp then.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

@ all of Chanaynay's posts here.

A while ago, I had a friend over at my place, and made her coffee. When I brought the half and half over...

Me: "It's a little old, but should be fine."
    Her (after pouring some into her coffee): "... It's curdling."
    Me: "Yeah, it's been doing that to me, too. Usually I just pour it in my portable coffee mug and drink it with the lid on, so I don't have to look at it."
    Her: "EJ, you should throw that half and half out."

~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    @ all of Chanaynay's posts here.

A while ago, I had a friend over at my place, and made her coffee. When I brought the half and half over...

Me: "It's a little old, but should be fine."
    Her (after pouring some into her coffee): "... It's curdling."
    Me: "Yeah, it's been doing that to me, too. Usually I just pour it in my portable coffee mug and drink it with the lid on, so I don't have to look at it."
    Her: "EJ, you should throw that half and half out."

AMAZING

What can I say? Us sp-lasts just have stomachs of steel.

I feel like being sp-last makes for comical situations. And we're always that person that everyone else is like "you're ridiculous." Or "you would wear sweats and a tank out in 10 degree weather" (this happened).
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    AMAZING

What can I say? Us sp-lasts just have stomachs of steel.
    !

Common EJCC-ism #1,000,153: "I have no idea what that is, but I'm eating it."

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I feel like being sp-last makes for comical situations. And we're always that person that everyone else is like "you're ridiculous." Or "you would wear sweats and a tank out in 10 degree weather" (this happened).
    Nice

Doesn't help when you put two sp-lasts together. Recipe for burnout, lack of sleep... When my sx/so ENFP bestie and I traveled through Europe, we hit up like four or five countries in a week. We had one rest day, but it was an accident.

And did I mention that the first day I was in Europe -- when I was still reeeeally jet lagged -- I decided it was a good idea to schedule a job interview on Skype at 9pm?? And of course I didn't get the job.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!