Thread: Blindspot Stuff

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Anyone else notice that all of you sp-last people posting are ENXPs?

I wonder what it would be like for other types...
    I've noticed that actually, and am still trying to hash out what's actually sp-last and what's actually Si-inferiority. I'm open to the idea that being ENxP actually skews my awareness and I might actually be sx/sp or even something else entirely.

I think my sister is sp-last, however, and she's some sort of INFP. She's maybe a 497 or 947 and she's just very lackadaisical about health, money, and the future. Very good at making friends and lovers but crap at looking after herself or being independent. That's what it's like for her.

I guess it's also possible that the instincts are tied to cognitive functions. This is an area no one's explored in much depth yet.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    I've noticed that actually, and am still trying to hash out what's actually sp-last and what's actually Si-inferiority. I'm open to the idea that being ENxP actually skews my awareness and I might actually be sx/sp or even something else entirely.

I think my sister is sp-last, however, and she's some sort of INFP. She's maybe a 497 or 947 and she's just very lackadaisical about health, money, and the future. Very good at making friends and lovers but crap at looking after herself or being independent. That's what it's like for her.

I guess it's also possible that the instincts are tied to cognitive functions. This is an area no one's explored in much depth yet.

Hi, bro

What brings you here?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Hi, bro

What brings you here?
    What now??

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Anyone else notice that all of you sp-last people posting are ENXPs?

I wonder what it would be like for other types...

But I will say this, I think I slack in the sp dept at times but then I read these and I feel like an SJ in comparison
    I've been told maybe I'm sp-last but reading these things. I SO DO NOT RELATE.

Now, I'm not ENxP either, so whatever...

I still think I'm sp-second though... it's the instinct that causes the least trouble for me

Anyway, I can delay going to bed for pretty long, I can delay washing up dishes and whatnot. I minimize time spent on cooking and such. I do take care of my looks etc but I am doing it in an efficient way, hate wasting time on any of that stuff. I guess these could be sp-last things. ???

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

I can be "lackadaisical" about money/future etc when things are alright, but then when it starts to be a problem, I will focus on these things intensely.

Sound like sp-second or sp-last? :P

As for instincts being tied to cognitive functions, how about enneagram types being tied to them too... I think it's just that neither system is perfect, trying to explain the same phenomena at times in different ways

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    I can be "lackadaisical" about money/future etc when things are alright, but then when it starts to be a problem, I will focus on these things intensely.

Sound like sp-second or sp-last? :P

As for instincts being tied to cognitive functions, how about enneagram types being tied to them too... I think it's just that neither system is perfect, trying to explain the same phenomena at times in different ways
    I can't say for sure if it's sp-last or not. I think sp is less about being absent-minded (some of us here have drawn in things I think probably ARE si-inferiority) and more about building a foundation in life. Gathering nuts for the winter as it were.

I agree, there might be correlations between the instincts and MBTI; there supposedly are for enneagram. My cognitive functions, in the end, were part of what persuaded me against core 4.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

I can't say for sure if it's sp-last or not. I think sp is less about being absent-minded (some of us here have drawn in things I think probably ARE si-inferiority) and more about building a foundation in life. Gathering nuts for the winter as it were.
    Oh no, I don't gather nuts for the winter. No, sounds boring lol

Maybe whatever is sp-ish about me is just related to my better connection to my body than what you ENxP's have :P

I agree, there might be correlations between the instincts and MBTI; there supposedly are for enneagram. My cognitive functions, in the end, were part of what persuaded me against core 4.
    Yeah no ENTP 4's out there huh? :P

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

Oh no, I don't gather nuts for the winter. No, sounds boring lol

Maybe whatever is sp-ish about me is just related to my better connection to my body than what you ENxP's have :P
    To be honest, I still haven't definitively settled on my second instinct myself. I'm fairly certain of sx-first for a large number of painful reasons, but what comes next baffles me. I've reached a point where basically, I need professional guidance.

I stick with sx/soc, though, for reasons like the above.

Yeah no ENTP 4's out there huh? :P
    Or extremely rare, I'd think.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

To be honest, I still haven't definitively settled on my second instinct myself. I'm fairly certain of sx-first for a large number of painful reasons, but what comes next baffles me. I've reached a point where basically, I need professional guidance.
    What do you mean by professional guidance?

I stick with sx/soc, though, for reasons like the above.
    Well... easier for you to decide :p

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

What do you mean by professional guidance?
    Like someone who's professionally into the enneagram who's interviewed thousands of people and has a pretty good sense of what to look for.

Reading conflicting accounts of what-means-what on the internet is confusing and every time I think I've got it sorted out I find some inconsistency. Like how I can remain blithely non-involved in everything I touch--I fit MANY of the criteria for a social-last. But then I look at how much of a foundation I've built in life and my attitudes toward the sp-realm. It's like...I dunno what's my core type, what's my cognitive functions, what's instinctual, what's ingrained, and what's me.

There are multiple ways I could look at it, and I need someone who can see through the bullshit, basically.