User Tag List

First 123 Last

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    You again with your passive aggressiveness. If you don't like my thread then don't post in it.
    I kind of read it like that at first, too! However, after I re-read it sounds more like: I am PERSONALLY bored/tired by these topics LATELY. Any other 4's feel the same way?

I don't think it was meant to be a criticism of your thread, per se. I dunno though, you might be right.

Edit: Oops, OA already clarified, my bad.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Then you like step 1

Don't expect it to translate to an end-product though, without going through the other steps, as that will crush your spirit
    Yea uh step 2 is not going to work for me. Destroying the fantasy would be like saying I couldn't do it and that's a big no no for 7s. Breaking limitations is what motivates me I would never put them on myself. It even bothers me that you did it to yourself. But I can modify the fantasy or substitute with something similar. I'm not sure how unrealistic core 4 fantasies are.

Also devaluing something is just another word for lowering standards and I think that's a toxic type of thinking. That's the kind of thinking people use to rationalize being poor and insignificant.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Yea uh step 2 is not going to work for me. Destroying the fantasy would be like saying I couldn't do it and that's a big no no for 7s. Breaking limitations is what motivates me I would never put them on myself. It even bothers me that you did it to yourself. But I can modify the fantasy or substitute with something similar. I'm not sure how unrealistic core 4 fantasies are.

Also devaluing something is just another word for lowering standards and I think that's a toxic type of thinking. That's the kind of thinking people use to rationalize being poor and insignificant.
    Grin. Hon, I have dreams of being a Water Nymph with my own Enchanted Forest and Blue Lagoon. It's hardly something I can put into reality - but I can use it as a source of inspiration.

When I said devaluing, I meant..take distance from it, emotionally, so I can do the editing I need to make it even better - and capable of surviving the 'real world'. Much like you would edit a first draft of a novel and save it from being flabby, and telling instead of showing - things that you as an author don't need fixed as it is your world and you know what thought you meant to convey. Your audience however does not live in your head, and therefore needs those edits to share that world with you.

I'm a 497 btw...so I understand the seven part. But one of the amazing things of being a seven is that you generate ideas by the barrel - and many 7s will use those ideas to just...plant them like seeds and watch which ones survive reality. It's a different way to cull than the 4 does...but it is culling and 'devaluing' nonetheless, as you do not mourn the ideas that don't make it; you focus on those that do. Survival of the fittest
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I have dreams of being a Water Nymph with my own Enchanted Forest and Blue Lagoon.
    Interdasting...

When I said devaluing, I meant..take distance from it, emotionally, so I can do the editing I need to make it even better - and capable of surviving the 'real world'. Much like you would edit a first draft of a novel and save it from being flabby, and telling instead of showing - things that you as an author don't need fixed as it is your world and you know what thought you meant to convey. Your audience however does not live in your head, and therefore needs those edits to share that world with you.
    That sounds more like an intuitive problem with ideas not matching up with reality. I'm not that badly disconnected. Although I'm left wondering sometimes why I want to pursue some things when logically I don't even want it. I don't entertain some of the more crazy fantasies or else that would drive me mad.

The devaluing thing doesn't apply to me since I have like no emotions anyway. I honestly don't know the first thing about manipulating my own emotions.

I'm a 497 btw...so I understand the seven part. But one of the amazing things of being a seven is that you generate ideas by the barrel - and many 7s will use those ideas to just...plant them like seeds and watch which ones survive reality. It's a different way to cull than the 4 does...but it is culling and 'devaluing' nonetheless, as you do not mourn the ideas that don't make it; you focus on those that do. Survival of the fittest
    Any random idea is not going to be good enough. My purpose in life is not some whore that gives itself out to whoever. It's only one thing and it fits like a puzzle piece.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Interdasting...

That sounds more like an intuitive problem with ideas not matching up with reality. I'm not that badly disconnected. Although I'm left wondering sometimes why I want to pursue some things when logically I don't even want it. I don't entertain some of the more crazy fantasies or else that would drive me mad.

The devaluing thing doesn't apply to me since I have like no emotions anyway. I honestly don't know the first thing about manipulating my own emotions.

Any random idea is not going to be good enough. My purpose in life is not some whore that gives itself out to whoever. It's only one thing and it fits like a puzzle piece.
    Hah, hate to point it out, but this sounds overly ideal. I'm hep to sniffing these things out.

FYI, my dreams are actually pretty practical, which is why I reach them and then have to deal with 'success'. I'm just about on the threshhold with being consumed with the idea of becoming a published author, for example. Unlike A, I don't have to grow a unicorn horn or something to do it. :P Though it would help. Hmm...

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

It was an extreme example, people :p

Each idea still needs editing, finetuning and adjusting to your current circumstances and i was trying to show that some dont survive that process and that often the process of indulging in the idea is favorited over the one where yoy edit it - once you learn to appreciate that pro es though, youre capable of some amazing things.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    I kind of read it like that at first, too! However, after I re-read it sounds more like: I am PERSONALLY bored/tired by these topics LATELY. Any other 4's feel the same way?

I don't think it was meant to be a criticism of your thread, per se. I dunno though, you might be right.

Am I the only one that took it as her/him being frustrated with them-self? I relate anyway, the frustration of trying so hard to pin-point something, thinking then that everything's already been said, but being uneasy that it might not have been, wanting affirmation of some sorts, though that may be impossible to accept.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post

Am I the only one that took it as her/him being frustrated with them-self? I relate anyway, the frustration of trying so hard to pin-point something, thinking then that everything's already been said, but being uneasy that it might not have been, wanting affirmation of some sorts, though that may be impossible to accept.

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Hah, hate to point it out, but this sounds overly ideal. I'm hep to sniffing these things out.
    That's just how it is for me. Apparently 7s are one of the idealistic types. Call it high standards.