• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 2] How can you tell whether you 'love' a person?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not necessarily in a romantic way - like loving a family member.

Just realized that I find pretty hard to tell.

I had to ask myself 'If that person died ('God' forbid), how would you feel?', and then the answer seemed almost obvious.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What a great question. Damned if I know, but I will read the replies with interest.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Your pee pee tingles when you look at them.

W

WhoCares

When you keep trying to help them even when you know your efforts aren't appreciated and your hard work will be undone by an act of sabotage.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When I consider myself lucky for knowing them. When I find myself lowering my guard. When I want to do things for them, stuff they didn't even ask me for.

The way I act and look at the world is different... improved, I think.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The question you had to ask yourself (about them dying) was getting yourself to recognize their value to you. Loving someone is valuing them intrinsically, not based on what they do for you or something more utilitarian. In seeing what losing them would mean, then you see what value they have to you.

FYI, I am NF and I don't feel some surge of emotion when I think of my loved ones. I am just aware of an attachment to them & what they mean to me, but it's not some warm, gooey feeling. I think the awareness just shows the focus on "personal value" and "human meaning" I have.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION]

Valuing someone intrinsically, that's a perfect breakdown.

Ty!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
FYI, I am NF and I don't feel some surge of emotion when I think of my loved ones. I am just aware of an attachment to them & what they mean to me, but it's not some warm, gooey feeling. I think the awareness just shows the focus on "personal value" and "human meaning" I have.

I do, ironically enough. Actually, I love when I get warm gooey feelings. Everything else looks brighter and sharper, too.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In my experience, when you no longer mentally picture quotes around the word love. But I think that really only works for those of us who have an invested interest in keeping the quotes on.

MWill

Love? Wow. It's a word, but can't describe all the intricacies of the concept. I believe loving someone is trading bits of your soul with theirs, willingly, for better or worse. Of course, I'm just a 4w5, so I could be dreaming the whole experience.