User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Sadness & Misery compel me to sleep and write poetry because I can't face the world or keep it in my system, respectively. It's not sleep that makes me creative, it's emotion, which also causes sleep.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I feel like this has more to do with instinctual variant than being a 4. sp's are probably more likely to be worse off without sufficient sleep, sx's can handle it if there's a fire in them, I don't know too many so 4s.
    Edit: I don't know any so 4s

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Sometimes, it depends though. If I pull an all-nighter it tends to help me, but not if I've been continually tired for days, that's when I tend to just slack.
    4w5-9w1-5w4

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post

my tentative explanation is that lack of sleep is bad for people with mood regulation issues. i think sleep is central to emotional well-being and resiliency, and is definitely part of the triad oa mentions from which we derive our interpretations of our mood/felt well-being. these are the places at least in the mind body system in which we've clearly established that seratonin really underlies our basic mood mechanics, our contentment resiliency that funds our ability to let go of discomfort and perceived loss.
    Agree, agree, agree. Like some others have mentioned, I absolutely prefer a late to bed, late to rise schedule, and tend to be more creative/interesting late at night. And if I get up at 7 (but was well-rested), I can keep going til 4 AM and do think that those later hours can be more productive/more engaging. But I am wrecked the next day if I can't sleep til noon. I really need those 8 hours.

As far as the state i am in's mention of sleep's role in helping us let go of discomfort/perceived loss...this article was interesting to me regarding sleep's role in helping us deal with stress. It's a little pop-psychology-esque, but opened up some trains of thought I'd like to follow a bit more:
    http://m.theatlantic.com/health/arch...asleep/282422/

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Sadness & Misery compel me to sleep and write poetry because I can't face the world or keep it in my system, respectively. It's not sleep that makes me creative, it's emotion, which also causes sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatpants View Post
    Agree, agree, agree. Like some others have mentioned, I absolutely prefer a late to bed, late to rise schedule, and tend to be more creative/interesting late at night. And if I get up at 7 (but was well-rested), I can keep going til 4 AM and do think that those later hours can be more productive/more engaging. But I am wrecked the next day if I can't sleep til noon. I really need those 8 hours.

As far as the state i am in's mention of sleep's role in helping us let go of discomfort/perceived loss...this article was interesting to me regarding sleep's role in helping us deal with stress. It's a little pop-psychology-esque, but opened up some trains of thought I'd like to follow a bit more:
    http://m.theatlantic.com/health/arch...asleep/282422/
    Yes, Abbey's post also made me think of how much energy emotions expend. I always feel like I have less energy than other people, and I do think it's related to more emotional expenditure, especially the kind NOT directed at others in an interaction, because then it's not a reciprocal thing.

The connection to letting of perceived loss (not just generic stress) is interesting because of the 4 focus on "what is missing".
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I remember once in college I stayed up for three nights, and I felt like a 4. Maybe if I had spent all of college without sleep, I would have been able to pull off that sensitive artist thing.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Oh my goodness, this would explain so much. My 4 roommate pretty much NEVER sleeps during the week. She gets maybe 12 hours of sleep for the entire week, then sleeps for like 30 hours over the weekend.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

brainheart

I used to have zero concept of sleep hygiene and had extremely erratic sleep behavior- two hours some nights, twelve others. Then I had a nervous breakdown and had to learn. I seem to be at my best with around seven hours. More than that and I swing into a depressive state. Less than that I begin to get manic. But I also feel a lot more boring and uncreative. I used to do a lot of art in the middle of the night.

Well, Marcel, I'm a 4w5. I've learned that sleep is essential for me, but doesn't help my creative output. I work best at 3-6am. But, my relationships suffer with sleep deprivation. I get wired and paranoid without sleep. I'm more stable with 6-7hours/night.
    Using Tapatalk