User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Haven and Honor are both 2w3. I'm not entirely sure which one is my dominant wing. I think I picked 1 because I've mistyped as a 1 before...
    A 2 and a ESFJ! You're the real special snowflake around here

I wish there were more 2s and 3s here too. I know a lot more about the inner workings of other types but you don't get the same level of discussion about these 2 - except for a lot of sweeping (negative) generalisations that no one challenges because people don't know enough to correct them.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte
    Likes xXMariahXx liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

What can I say? 2w3s are a rare treasure.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post

I wish there were more 2s and 3s here too. I know a lot more about the inner workings of other types but you don't get the same level of discussion about these 2 - except for a lot of sweeping (negative) generalisations that no one challenges because people don't know enough to correct them.
    2 sounded annoying, but then I looked at the levels of development, and the things that annoyed me about it seem to really only be true at the lower levels. Looked at in that light, I'm glad we have people who like volunteering and feeding the homeless and stuff like that. Someone should do it. I just don't think it should be me. I'm too grouchy. I don't think kindness is a bad thing, I just have found that I need my boundaries.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    @Haven and @Honor are both 2w3. I'm not entirely sure which one is my dominant wing. I think I picked 1 because I've mistyped as a 1 before...
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    What can I say? 2w3s are a rare treasure.
    Yup, I'm a 2w3 really hard
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    A better question is, why are there no 3-wingers?
    I'm a 4w3! Look at my widdle three wing!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Enneagram
    N/A

Well, to spread around some ideas: *Note: I could be wrong about all of this... but it's worth a shot ...I hope*

I used to work with a two who is super in-touch with her need to be loved. She knows why she spends her time loving people and wanting to care for them, and in that sense, she is the most intelligent person I know. Maybe she is an INFP two (because ....stereotypes *cough* only INFPs can be deep and soulful) because she truly does feel intensely. Her feeling-thoughts about humanity are very well thought out (she is an excellent writer because of that, but she'd never believe me ...too hard on herself). She does feel "ostracized" because she really worries about not being loved by others, and she'd come back from her lab feeling so down if she felt like she couldn't connect with people (meaning if people treated her coldly).

I feel like a good fictional two is Tohru (spelling?) Honda from Fruitsbasket
    You are so arbitrary.
    Likes xXMariahXx liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    A better question is, why are there no 3-wingers?
    Good to see you again. I hope you are well.

I think many 4w3 types mistype as 4w5 (I have encountered one theory which states that typings such as 5w4 and 4w5 are impossible and the wing must face the central type in the triad). I myself am very likely to be 4w3 over 4w5 (I've only recently overcome the shame such a possibility presented me) and I think people are typing as 5s because the shortfalls involved are more or less the same as those for introverts - Introverts naturally will guard part of themselves and not interact overly much with the outside world because an overly demanding world will pull them in too many directions which stops them from introspecting and introversion. They don't dread the outside world (but are just aloof to it unless it stops them from enjoying their inner worlds) and don't have an overwhelming desire to gain knowledge to combat that dread.

On the other hand the 4w3 description has an extroverted, superficial flavour wich many won't relate to. The descriptions seem to overlook that a three need only to achieve (and not necessarily impress) and that in theory a 4w3 need only work towards creating a life which they believe has been worth living (even if the world itself pays no attention.)

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Double.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

@Stansmith I can't say why others type as 4w5. I do so because I recognize MANY 5ish traits in myself--including knowledge-gathering, a sense that stuff is going to "run out", not responding in the moment, a horrid fascination with the taboo, many of the core fears of the type, as well as being totally oblivious to how I come across to others at times--and feel equally incriminated by both 4 and 5 descriptions. Even after considering the issues deeply, recognizing the ways in which each wing plays a role for me, and reading many well-respected authors, I see no reason to move off my 5-wing. I can't even blame introversion on this, since I'm Ne-dom.

@Standuble I don't get why there's so much shame associated with the 3-wing (my English teacher who taught me the enneagram was a 4w3 who said the same thing). I think so much of three gets pegged as superficial posers who only think of "appearances", but the type, as I've come to understand it, is really more about having grit determination to achieve something (which unfortunately, can dissolve into only measuring goals [i.e., external standards]). The more I learn about type 3, the more I'm glad to have it as an influence. If you're a 3-winger, I think that's awesome--I'd rather NOT be a 5-winger myself and don't like reporting on that aspect of myself.

@msg_v2 I'm not sure why there are more 4s than the other image types...it's been this way on every enneagram forum I've visited. I assume it's got something to do with the introspective nature of the 4, combined with a 4ish desire to reach out to those who understand without having to expose themselves.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    knowledge-gathering, a sense that stuff is going to "run out", not responding in the moment, a horrid fascination with the taboo ... as well as being totally oblivious to how I come across to others at times
    Ah yes, you are indeed a human being.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.