User Tag List

12 Last

WhoCares

Default Help! I'm a cliche. 5w6 sx.

So yeah I'm an intellectual in my ivory tower withdrawing from the world because I cant cope and feel axious and insecure. Fuck me how boring! If there anything the least bit interesting about this conflicted book type?

WALMART

Did not take you to be the type to make such a post.

I hope you are breaking through to something.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

5 is one of the more interesting types....
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

WhoCares

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Did not take you to be the type to make such a post.

I hope you are breaking through to something.
    Oh okay, I'll dispense with the humour and wear serious hat now... here goes....

My ennegram type seems entirely predictable even for me, whats more is that it has a high representation amoung the other type - INTJ. I had hoped I was a little less stereotypical of both the INTJ and e5 groups. In short, I'm looking for my special little snowflakiness and this just isnt it. I can't even pretend to be conflicted about my supposed type because yes, yes the descriptions matches with few if any conflicts. I just hate being so textbook. And while I can succeed at all those technical disciplines they aren't my passion at all.

My passion is creating art, I seem to have this ability to pick up a medium and find facility with it. Music, watercolour, needlework, metalworking, pastels, landscaping etc. I use my researching skills to draw out the information necessary to develop facility. My idealism finds form in my design and my perfectionism attends to the little details to bring forth something I am proud of. But at my heart is someone who seeks to design beautiful things, for the sake of beautiful things.

And yet I feel frustrated because I am unable to express my love of art in the language of the artist. And I always feel that just ever so slightly my creations are tainted by my desire for security, my need for caution and my fear of being known. They are never truly free to be pure expressions because the pragmatic and cautious side of me beats them into 'sensible projects'.

WhoCares

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    5 is one of the more interesting types....
    Care to elaborate?

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    Oh okay, I'll dispense with the humour and wear serious hat now... here goes....

My ennegram type seems entirely predictable even for me, whats more is that it has a high representation amoung the other type - INTJ. I had hoped I was a little less stereotypical of both the INTJ and e5 groups. In short, I'm looking for my special little snowflakiness and this just isnt it. I can't even pretend to be conflicted about my supposed type because yes, yes the descriptions matches with few if any conflicts. I just hate being so textbook. And while I can succeed at all those technical disciplines they aren't my passion at all.

My passion is creating art, I seem to have this ability to pick up a medium and find facility with it. Music, watercolour, needlework, metalworking, pastels, landscaping etc. I use my researching skills to draw out the information necessary to develop facility. My idealism finds form in my design and my perfectionism attends to the little details to bring forth something I am proud of. But at my heart is someone who seeks to design beautiful things, for the sake of beautiful things.

And yet I feel frustrated because I am unable to express my love of art in the language of the artist. And I always feel that just ever so slightly my creations are tainted by my desire for security, my need for caution and my fear of being known. They are never truly free to be pure expressions because the pragmatic and cautious side of me beats them into 'sensible projects'.
    An insensible life seems pretty enjoyable.

Do you feel unappreciated?

WhoCares

Not really. I feel appreciated by those who understand me, there are some.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

@WhoCares have you seen the other types? You could've been a 1/2/6, I hear they have it pretty bad. 5s are some of the most prolific artists out there--Stan Lee, Brian Eno, HR Geiger (all 5w6s btw). There's something about being able to do the thankless jobs and still have the curiosity to master them and use that as a point of power that is quite incredible.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

K, well, for a 5w6...you sure have a whoooolle lot of 4 splayed on this thread

It seems your w4 is feeling malcontent
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Riva

5w6>5w4

Remember that and be happy.