User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default Can a 7w8 whom has strong self pres be fairly cautious and not take as many risks?

I often times have difficulty telling the difference between a 7w8 whom has strong self pres, and a 7w6(sw8w7). So are all 7w8's huge risk takers despite variants? Say for instance if you have a 7w8 sx/sp with strong self pres, could this make that 7w8 much more cautious and not as much of a risk taker? I mean clearly that person most likely would not have that much anxiety, but it seems like that person may mistype as a 7w6 because they are actually a cautious 7w8 (which seems to be very hard to find). So can 7w8's be cautious?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

is this about elfboy
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Permabanned

Yep that's me. I like taking big risks that would scare other people but it's more calculated than it looks.

"Because of the emphasis on self preservation, the risks that Sevens are famous for will be more deliberate and calculated. They make look spontaneous and devil-may-care, but the weighing of risk and value is lurking in the background, like a banker going bungee jumping with a net. The risk must be taken because of the allure of the possibilities but there's no reason to be a darn fool about this."

"So many actions look braver than they are. An ace in the hole while gambling boisterously is the ideal."

http://www.enneagramcentral.com/Enne...eservation.htm

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Maybe not so much cautious as calculating...having a good sense at when to jump and when to stay put?

Mmm...what was said above!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    is this about elfboy
    Yes, I made this thread for @Elfboy

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    Yep that's me. I like taking big risks that would scare other people but it's more calculated than it looks.

"Because of the emphasis on self preservation, the risks that Sevens are famous for will be more deliberate and calculated. They make look spontaneous and devil-may-care, but the weighing of risk and value is lurking in the background, like a banker going bungee jumping with a net. The risk must be taken because of the allure of the possibilities but there's no reason to be a darn fool about this."

"So many actions look braver than they are. An ace in the hole while gambling boisterously is the ideal."

http://www.enneagramcentral.com/Enne...eservation.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Maybe not so much cautious as calculating...having a good sense at when to jump and when to stay put?

Mmm...what was said above!
    So basically a 7w8 with strong sp would still take risks but would be more likely to take calculated risks huh? I'm sure though that a 7w8 (self pres dom or not) would still believe that everything will turn out well in the end wouldn't they? I mean, that is the nature of the 7w8.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    So basically a 7w8 with strong sp would still take risks but would be more likely to take calculated risks huh? I'm sure though that a 7w8 (self pres dom or not) would still believe that everything will turn out well in the end wouldn't they? I mean, that is the nature of the 7w8.
    Well that's part of the fun you don't really know for sure. Either way it will be entertaining.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Well that's part of the fun you don't really know for sure. Either way it will be entertaining.
    Does the thought of something going wrong even cross your mind, or do you just automatically assume things will go right

Permabanned

Does the thought of something going wrong even cross your mind, or do you just automatically assume things will go right
    Yea it does cross my mind. I don't assume anything. However the less risk there is the less I care. It's more about being comfortable in chaos.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Yea it does cross my mind. I don't assume anything. However the less risk there is the less I care. It's more about being comfortable in chaos.
    How on earth can you be comfortable in chaos?

Permabanned

How on earth can you be comfortable in chaos?
    Yea I don't know chaos is just exciting to me. Things are alive and in motion everything is interesting. It's just my area. The opposite of that would be working in a 9-5 cubicle which would make me want to kill myself.