User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Riva

I agree with the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Maybe not so much cautious as calculating...having a good sense at when to jump and when to stay put?

Mmm...what was said above!
    And this. Especially this.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    Yea. Well I tend to analyze everything but its done on the fly. Think Iron Man.
    I wonder if this is just how Se + ti 7w8's would do this? I wonder if an ENFP 7w8 for example wouldn't be as quick to analyze?

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I wonder if this is just how Se + ti 7w8's would do this? I wonder if an ENFP 7w8 for example wouldn't be as quick to analyze?
    Yea ENFPs probably not as much. Ti is the most analytical but 7s in general are supposed to be able to pick up stuff quick. I tend to wing a lot of things.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I don't know what exactly other people see as "risky", there's large variations in people's opinion. I know some german INTP 5s that consider everything I do as extremely risky (and I really don't do anything weird, worst I do is some very safe mountain climbing and mountain biking in the snow), then I know some south american ESTPs 7w8s and I think everything they do is extremely risky.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Well what both of you say makes sense. I would also assume that @badger055 is a 7w8(sw8w9) and they tend to be the types to act first, and ask questions later. It seems like they are so action oriented, they almost seem like core gut types. I would also assume that @FDG is 7w8(sw6w7) and they tend to be very action oriented as well, but tend to think a little bit more than the 7w8(sw8w9).

Permabanned

Well what both of you say makes sense. I would also assume that @badger055 is a 7w8(sw8w9) and they tend to be the types to act first, and ask questions later. It seems like they are so action oriented, they almost seem like core gut types. I would also assume that @FDG is 7w8(sw6w7) and they tend to be very action oriented as well, but tend to think a little bit more than the 7w8(sw8w9).
    I don't really buy the sub wings thing. Tritype, mbti and instincts can explain any differences. I saw this interesting thing on the types http://similarminds.com/desc.html. They put 7w8 between a head type and an instinct type. The main difference between 7w8 and 8w7 is that 7w8 is fun first then control/intimidation. 8w7 is control/intimidation first then fun.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    I don't really buy the sub wings thing. Tritype, mbti and instincts can explain any differences. I saw this interesting thing on the types http://similarminds.com/desc.html. They put 7w8 between a head type and an instinct type. The main difference between 7w8 and 8w7 is that 7w8 is fun first then control/intimidation. 8w7 is control/intimidation first then fun.
    No they can't. For instance, there is a big difference between the 6w7(7w8) and the 6w7(sw5w6). The 6w7(sw7w8) can very easily look like a 7 because they have a strong 7 wing. They also are often much more adventurous and playful than the other variety of 7. The 6w7(sw5w6) is much more openly nervous than the 6w7(sw7w8). They tend to be much less adventurous as well. The 6w7(sw5w6) is basically the nervous kid that you see on comedy shows that gets pushed around is kind of a punk ass.

That's just one example of how subwings can help to more clearly define type. I think that subwings are a vital part of enneagram theory, and I would not neglect them if I were you.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

There's been stuff that I should have sat on but impulsively leaped at (it is a bit thrilling to get out of mess but at my age, it's getting old and less desirable).

In an earlier post, I said calculating. I want to win/succeed. I want to get what I want in the end and I don't mind playing the long-game to get it (this, too, has improved with age and my personal circumstances). My feelings can definitely trigger impulsive actions and get in the way if I let it. It just depends on what is at stake.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    There's been stuff that I should have sat on but impulsively leaped at (it is a bit thrilling to get out of mess but at my age, it's getting old and less desirable).

In an earlier post, I said calculating. I want to win/succeed. I want to get what I want in the end and I don't mind playing the long-game to get it (this, too, has improved with age and my personal circumstances). My feelings can definitely trigger impulsive actions and get in the way if I let it. It just depends on what is at stake.
    So you guys are really no better than the Se doms in that regard?

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

So you guys are really no better than the Se doms in that regard?

I don't know...ask @Halla74 ? I think he's sx-dom though... They just seem...different. More present and grounded. Maybe even more social (I'm not very social at all)? I think they are much quicker to act and can have better instincts about certain things that I don't have a good grasp for. I can't think of any specific examples though.