User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 68

  1. #31
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Also, just like I asked the other guy, "Do you just automatically think things will go right like most 7w8's"? I mean the self pres variant says to a person, "Hey I don't want to get hurt, and I want to be safe". However, what goes on in your 7w8 head that even let's you know that you could possibly get hurt? I mean, it seems to me like most of the 7w8's that I have met don't even consider the possibility of danger before making a crazy decision? Please describe to me how this works.
    At my core, I am a 7, so, I am impulsive and personally, I am easily influenced by an idea. I also like to really, really, avoid pain. So "getting hurt" is definitely a consideration, but at the same time, I have a curiosity to want to experience EVERYTHING, especially when it is sold as an appealing idea!!! But, I rarely get "analysis paralysis", which I'll say is my 8 wing coming in. If I get to that point, where I need to decide, I'm pretty quick to go through the decision-making, and translate that to an action. My risk-analysis takes place pretty quickly, but if it is at a stalemate, between "to do" or "not to do", I am more likely to say, "Fuck it," and jump. But, if my risk-analysis clearly indicates that this is foolhardy, with no great big payoff, then my decision is firmly a "no".

    Either way, whether I say, "Fuck it" and jump, or firmly stand by my "no".....my decision is executed with self-assuredness. There is no hesitation, no anxiety. Once I make my decision, it is made. As a "P", I am very open-ended, such that when it is finally time to make a decision, it must (internally) take a lot for me to get to that stage, so when a decision of mine is made, with a lot of stubbornness against change, it will be executed.

    I think what you're seeing is, (1) what you consider risky may be different than what your friend considers risky, (2) "not consider the possibility of danger before making a crazy decision" is likely the manifestation of a 7w8 making a quick decision (internally), which they then execute with seemingly outward bold confidence. So it looks like they got from point A to point B with nary a thought to consequences (which is not true, it just happens quickly and executed with brazenness) - self-preserving would necessitate them to be calculating towards such risks.

  2. #32
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qrious View Post
    At my core, I am a 7, so, I am impulsive and personally, I am easily influenced by an idea. I also like to really, really, avoid pain. So "getting hurt" is definitely a consideration, but at the same time, I have a curiosity to want to experience EVERYTHING, especially when it is sold as an appealing idea!!! But, I rarely get "analysis paralysis", which I'll say is my 8 wing coming in. If I get to that point, where I need to decide, I'm pretty quick to go through the decision-making, and translate that to an action. My risk-analysis takes place pretty quickly, but if it is at a stalemate, between "to do" or "not to do", I am more likely to say, "Fuck it," and jump. But, if my risk-analysis clearly indicates that this is foolhardy, with no great big payoff, then my decision is firmly a "no".

    Either way, whether I say, "Fuck it" and jump, or firmly stand by my "no".....my decision is executed with self-assuredness. There is no hesitation, no anxiety. Once I make my decision, it is made. As a "P", I am very open-ended, such that when it is finally time to make a decision, it must (internally) take a lot for me to get to that stage, so when a decision of mine is made, with a lot of stubbornness against change, it will be executed.

    I think what you're seeing is, (1) what you consider risky may be different than what your friend considers risky, (2) "not consider the possibility of danger before making a crazy decision" is likely the manifestation of a 7w8 making a quick decision (internally), which they then execute with seemingly outward bold confidence. So it looks like they got from point A to point B with nary a thought to consequences (which is not true, it just happens quickly and executed with brazenness) - self-preserving would necessitate them to be calculating towards such risks.
    So what I am gathering from this, is that 7w8's make decisions fast. However, with self-pres added to the mix, it tends to make the 7w8 much more aware of the possibility of getting hurt from making the decision. However, the big difference between the 7w8 and the 7w6 is that the 7w6 will kind of have that 6 wing constantly saying to itself, "Wait should I do this or do this"? So in other words, the 7w6's tend to make slower decisions because they constantly have the questioning 6 wing, whereas the 8 wingers don't really have that. But the 7w8's on the other hand, will make a fast decision and just go for it? Is this correct?

  3. #33
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    So what I am gathering from this, is that 7w8's make decisions fast. However, with self-pres added to the mix, it tends to make the 7w8 much more aware of the possibility of getting hurt from making the decision. However, the big difference between the 7w8 and the 7w6 is that the 7w6 will kind of have that 6 wing constantly saying to itself, "Wait should I do this or do this"? So in other words, the 7w6's tend to make slower decisions because they constantly have the questioning 6 wing, whereas the 8 wingers don't really have that. But the 7w8's on the other hand, will make a fast decision and just go for it? Is this correct?
    No idea, just sharing my thought process. You may need a sample size greater than 1.

  4. #34
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qrious View Post
    No idea, just sharing my thought process. You may need a sample size greater than 1.
    Well @badger055 :

    Do you agree with what this poster is saying? Do you do this too?

  5. #35
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qrious View Post
    No idea, just sharing my thought process. You may need a sample size greater than 1.
    But that might make things confusing if they aren't like you.

  6. #36
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Well @badger055 :

    Do you agree with what this poster is saying? Do you do this too?
    Yea I agree with it. When it comes to risks that don't interest me though I won't do it and I can seem very safe. Also sometimes I can get stuck with big decisions that look equally good and then I get thrown through a loop. I really don't like it when that happens. So not always easy to make decisions but yea I'm more likely to say fuck it and just choose one then correct it after the fact. I would describe it as a bold independent mentality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    7w8s are the badboy/badgirl side of seven. They don't feel a need to "check in" with others. Their eight wing makes them less openly vulnerable. They relate to others from a position of strength as opposed to establishing solidarity. They assume people don't like them until they do so they don't need validation. Misconceptions of what a seven is don't really bother them personally. They don't care about how they are seen like their six-winged siblings. They value freedom more and are much more independent. They want the strings attached between them and others kept to a minimum. Their eight wing makes them more even-keeled. It takes more to excite them or make them depressed. They are more insensitive and have more of a "shocking" sense of humor and tend to be funny characters more than they have funny material.
    You hear that guys I'm not a troll I'm a bad boy .

  7. #37
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    But that might make things confusing if they aren't like you.
    It's quite the conundrum. What with me being a special snowflake, and all.

  8. #38
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qrious View Post
    It's quite the conundrum. What with me being a special snowflake, and all.
    Screw it. I think the world is ready for a Udog Temperament Indicator (UTI). It'll have 7.13 billion different personality types, and you can take the test via an online streaming service to find out which type you're in.

  9. #39
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    @badger055

    So are you saying that you make fast decisions for the most part, but with some really important decisions you tend to take a step back and analyze?

  10. #40
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    @badger055

    So are you saying that you make fast decisions for the most part, but with some really important decisions you tend to take a step back and analyze?
    Yea. Well I tend to analyze everything but its done on the fly. Think Iron Man.

Similar Threads

  1. Is it even possible to be a SX/SO with strong self-pres?
    By The Great One in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 10-13-2013, 12:32 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-29-2013, 08:58 PM
  3. [E5] Self Pres 5w4 Potential Career Freakout
    By brainheart in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-15-2012, 10:22 AM
  4. [Fe] Fe and not having a strong sense of self-identity.
    By Random Ness in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 02:50 PM
  5. What can one dummy tell another about self-learning?
    By coberst in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-02-2009, 04:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO