• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] INTJ 8's?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Do you actually exist? or are you all mistyped ENTJ's?

I've met plenty of INTJ 3's and a couple of 1's, but I don't think I've met an 8. Then again, I've met a couple INFJ 8's, so I suppose Ni dominance is possible.

Ideas?

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
They definitely exist. I live with one. She's an INTJ 8w7.

She is definitely more social than most of the introverts I know, and I have often wondered if she is actually an extrovert. But, she insists she is an introvert... I suppose she does like a good amount of alone time, but she also loves being around people. I'm pretty sure she is an INTJ, it fits her better than ENTJ.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've met plenty of INTJ 3's and a couple of 1's, but I don't think I've met an 8. Then again, I've met a couple INFJ 8's, so I suppose Ni dominance is possible.
Ideas?

my best friend is INTJ 8w7 Sp/Sx (we considered both ENTJ and 5 for him for awhile, but neither seemed to work as well)

other than that, most of the INTJ 8s I can think of are fictional

Seto-kaiba.jpg

80782.jpg

G-L_-_Lord_Genome.jpg

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well plenty of dictators have been this combo. Moammar Qaddafi and Saddam Hussein both readily come to mind, but I'm sure there have been many others.

I see no reason why it wouldn't be possible, theoretically speaking.

rav3n

They appear to be few and far between. Of the INTJ 8s observed online, they're come across as mistyped ENTJs. Te isn't necessarily social although it can be, if there's a goal in mind.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Ideas?

I've worked with a couple. They definitely exist.

MBTI-Enneagramnowing-Correlation-PersonalityCafeData2.jpg

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Something about that chart... seems off. Where'd you get it? I see zarathustra made it. Are those forum statistics?

You'd have to ask [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION]

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes they exist. I've been working with one for the last year.

Tem

Enneagram
8w9
Hello :):bye:

Not an ENTJ but thought I was for a good portion of my life. My father typed me as INTP when I was younger, then I self-typed as ENTJ when I rediscovered Myers-Briggs. I've also considered ENTP for a good amount of time, for some reason I always overlooked INTJ.

ENTJ never quite fit for me because although I can be outspoken and direct, and am a results-oriented all-business person when a task is at hand, that's only in work scenarios -- in life as a whole my focal point is more abstract and removed.

Thought I was ENTP for a while because I knew I was a perceiver -- I take in information readily and put off judgment until later, I've known that my entire life -- but I just recently learned that INTJs are actually perceivers too, and then it all came together.

I've got to be the laziest, least 'on top of things' J in existence xD

Tem

Enneagram
8w9
Yes they exist. I've been working with one for the last year.
What's that been like for you, if you don't mind me asking?

It's good for me to hear others' experiences because I'm often surprised by what people have to say about me.

devaf

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hi,
Well, raising my hand here. intj 8w7, according to mbti and enneagram free online tests on a few different sites and came back pretty much the same. I am new to typology mbti and enneagrams. I was looking to learn more about 8w7 and this thread stood out.

Coz, upon reading profile types, I myself had doubts whether I am not more of an ENTJ. I read that the speed of action after planning is often a decisive difference and this, along with the fact that I spend most of my time alone, lol, convinces me that introversion is the more dominant driver for me. I must start logging and bookmarking all these pages I read in future. Don't have the links now.

The reason I started looking into this was, I am aware of many of my shortcomings and everyone around me has a hard time working or being with me, given enough time. I wanted to arm myself with a perceptive framework to understand psychology and personality, so that I can apply it to my business and personal life.

I am not a 'mad dog' fighting type or anything at all, at first sight, lol. I have had a long history of fighting and confrontational troubles, not necessarily physical, though that also, from my childhood. I suppose that it might possibly have been precipitated by my own words and actions, though I never used to think so.

I have also quietly done some things as a social responsibility, with a reasonable beneficial impact on the world at large. I am planning to build scalable and replicable systems to duplicate these things from the coming year.

Also, recently, there was a possibility that I had some type of arthritis and could be in a wheelchair for a long time and it that was the time I opened myself to the idea that therapy may be useful to me. It was only a minor possibility lasting a week or so, but made me flat and completely non functional. I was afraid of possible breakdown even for a few days. It was after all only gout brought about by excess drink and food.

I don't really like this post in the first person perspective, but I write it here as I consider it does reflect the basic validity of personality typing and shows some characteristics of the intj 8w7. If I start writing my thoughts to the 'rant threads' here, i would probably get banned shortly.

It is my firm belief and faith that by surrender to the divine grace, one can and will grow into the best and greatest height and reach one's high destiny.

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I know an INTJ 8. He's quite an interesting person. Quite ornery at times.

Rambling

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm an INTJ 5w6 4w3 8w?

When I feel anger then I act like an 8 - push *past* people to reach a goal. It never really occurred to me that the people might not like it... I don't know which wing I'd have on the 8 though. Caring for the person involved instead of pushing past them is important for growth I think.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I mistyped as a 5 for a couple of years; I'm an INTJ 8. Inferior Se and 8 goes along very well.