• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] Are 6s generally really mature?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You and me we live on opposite ends of the personality spectrum. If we were in the wild I would attack you. If I was a lion and you were a gazelle I would maul you and drag you back to my cave to eat you.

Respect the gazelle/antilope.

It knows shit you don't. Like the fact that people don't belong in boxes. And since you're so into stereotyping: even MBTI will tell you so; we're the Yin to Your ISTP Yang. And when it comes to people, and how to understand and work with them, you're on our turf. We're the social animal, here. Unless you plan to eat that 6 instead of date it.

Listen to the gazelle. It knows.

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
How does one reconcile with the fact that the lion needs to eat the gazelle? I mean it'll starve, and besides humanizing the food would mean that you would develop empathy for them, and thus the lions will have nothing to eat, because I don't think they are vegetarians. Thus they are dead. Also Lions are social animals too, baby killing rapist social animals but neither the less.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How does one reconcile with the fact that the lion needs to eat the gazelle? I mean it'll starve, and besides humanizing the food would mean that you would develop empathy for them, and thus the lions will have nothing to eat, because I don't think they are vegetarians. Thus they are dead. Also Lions are social animals too, baby killing rapist social animals but neither the less.

You watch the movie. It explains how to reconcile that fact :)

And you realise that the metaphor was just a cute way for me to answer the OP on his own terms, without Ti-ing the shit out of it ;)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You and me we live on opposite ends of the personality spectrum. If we were in the wild I would attack you. If I was a lion and you were a gazelle I would maul you and drag you back to my cave to eat you.

4db77_ORIG-look_at_all_the_fucks_i_give.jpg

badger055

Permabanned
Like the fact that people don't belong in boxes.

I'm not the one who put them in boxes. I just know what their box is. No different than knowing someone's height and hair colour. Most girls don't like short guys is that discrimination? It's not any different than what I do so get off your high horses you guys make me sick.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Most girls don't like short guys is that discrimination? It's not any different than what I do so get off your high horses you guys make me sick.

You're comparing uncontrollable physical attraction to subjectively assumed behavior based on one label.

Also I quite like being referred to as a gazelle. I think that'll be my new user title. :happy2:

Alea_iacta_est

I don't date based on type preference, personality preference, personal attraction, or phenotype traits.

- said no one ever

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't date based on type preference, personality preference, personal attraction, or phenotype traits.

- said no one ever

There's a difference between choosing to date people because you think they're an ENFJ and choosing to date people because you like their personalities and who they are as people.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL, guys, this conversation is making me laugh.
[MENTION=16476]badger055[/MENTION] I can't speak for certain about your potential 6 girl, but why don't you gather some data on her personally? Sixes can indeed be laid back, and my experience with them is they're far more inclined to always see what's going wrong than to focus on the rules. See what you can discover about her, and hopefully, share the findings.

badger055

Permabanned
LOL, guys, this conversation is making me laugh.

[MENTION=16476]badger055[/MENTION] I can't speak for certain about your potential 6 girl, but why don't you gather some data on her personally? Sixes can indeed be laid back, and my experience with them is they're far more inclined to always see what's going wrong than to focus on the rules. See what you can discover about her, and hopefully, share the findings.

Yea so far she has been paranoid about hidden agendas. Pretty sure she's an ESTP 864. I don't know I will probably decide on a last minute whim as usual.

You're comparing uncontrollable physical attraction to subjectively assumed behavior based on one label.

Also I quite like being referred to as a gazelle. I think that'll be my new user title. :happy2:

Here is a picture of you and me. No more talking for you.

7vX3DrX.jpg

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Here is a picture of you and me. No more talking for you.

7vX3DrX.jpg

wow i'm so intimidated

such scare

very fright

great performance

10/10

do u want an oscar

talktalktalktalktalktalktalktalktalktalktalk

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
that looks like a springbok btw :D

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yea so far she has been paranoid about hidden agendas. Pretty sure she's an ESTP 864. I don't know I will probably decide on a last minute whim as usual.
Well that's my tritype as well. If you have any questions, you can always ask me.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm trying to figure out if I should avoid dating this girl who has some 6 influence. I tend to clash with 6s because they seem to be all about following the rules. Not sure if its because of a maturity thing or if they can be laid back too.

I think 6s seem to run the gamut. We tend to be more mature in terms of being aware and cautious and less mature in terms of being overreactive. A healthy 6 can be more laid back but almost all 6s will snap quickly and firmly into vigilance when they feel seriously threatened. A mature 6 will be secure and relaxed in the sense of feeling that they can handle whatever life is going to throw at them, but even they will become serious and tense when they feel under attack. I don't think I've ever encountered a 6 who's as laid back as a 9, but then, 6s also don't fall prey to the 9 issue of sweeping problems under the rug.

As for the rules, 6s like to know the rules inside out, so then we can make informed decisions about following or breaking them. We like to know what the fallout of a situation is going to be, so we study and learn rules and consequences to add to our data banks. We are control freaks over the future, in a way. Accordingly, we tend to be very specific about which rules we break and when and how and why. I would say the percentage of 6s that blindly follow rules must be quite small... even the most phobic 6 I know is just really quiet about breaking the rules, and flips out when anyone calls her on it, so she basically never gets in trouble (she's annoying). She does break rules, but just is extremely strategic about it.

In terms of type relations that would be relevant to you, my brother's ISTP 9 and we've never had any clash rules-wise. He's a little more liberal than me but I don't really take issue with him doing whatever, I just get nervous about the potential consequences. I might caution him (I am the older sibling, so that's sort of a lifelong role), but I don't stop him. He's introduced me to some neat and fun stuff and I appreciate that. My father's an INTP 5w6 539 and he's actually more of a rule follower than me; I think it must be the 3 in him. He doesn't break rules unless it comes to alcohol or speed limits, lol. And personally I used to be more of a rebel when I was a teenager, anyway, and have calmed down in general since then, so it might be some influence of age, too - I wouldn't be surprised if other 6s are like that, too. I have definitely become increasingly stable since a rough hyperreactive patch in my late teenage years.

In terms of dating... my SO is a 9. I think he can put up with a lot of my 6 crap because his natural tendency is to neutralize and minimize problems, and his influence is helpful to me. I do think my 6 skills come in handy at times - we don't do sweeping under the rug in the relationship; we talk about things up front and we talk through conflict. I tend to grab helpful things for him even when he forgets, and I'm the planner, which he prefers. I have previously been in a relationship with a 3w4, which was hard because whereas my 9 will speak rationally with me when I am distressed, the 3w4 would voice disapproval of my emotional response and would disengage. I have always liked speaking with my 5 father when I am distressed, because focusing on information is reassuring, so I think that I personally would do well with a 5. Whether the 5 would do well with me is a different story.

For you, I do think it would help to ensure that the 6 / w6 is an academic/intellectual sort. If they are, that's a huge bonding point. If they're not, it's probably going to be a struggle. The phobic 6 I mentioned above is not and it drives me crazy because she is so fast to believe hype and poor-quality information. I cannot imagine a 5 and that sort of 6 sustaining any relationship for long.

Here is what Riso-Hudson says about the 5-6 matchup:

I hope that addresses some of what you were getting at. Let me know if I can clarify anything.