User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Default Fours: What were you like as children?

I'm curious.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Anything in particular you are after?

-I was shy, sensitive, cried a lot but was defiant at times with my family.

- Occasionally brilliant and insightful. I forget how old I was but I remember deducing that the Sun was nothing but fire which couldn't escape as it was being pulled inwards.

-Scored maximum marks throughout junior school for the school Spellathon every year (written test).

- Likewise in junior school was the class "geek" or "boffin" (even though I don't think I ever truly felt intelligent). Somehow managed to equal my "rival" (envy came early for me) in Maths throughout the year (or was it two years?) at being top of the class for Maths (the guy ended up going to Cambridge so sometimes I wonder if I could have achieved the same if I hadn't of been lazy.)

- I vividly remember writing a creative writing story in third grade where two aliens have a mega duel in space (one was on Mars and the other was on Mercury). Gravity had no meaning in that piece.

- I once proudly exclaimed that the road I lived on at the time goes to Saturn. It actually goes to London so I wasn't far off.

- I forget how old I was but I recall being upset after realising that my mother will die one day.

- I supposedly spent my time at nursery doing "logic puzzles". I think much of my childhood was influenced by inferior Te.

- I was bullied in my earliest years of school by students who kept threatening to kill me. I forget for certain the extent of the misery (if any) it actually caused outside of a desire to avoid them at break times. If such a thing happened today I think I would be unaffected if people said such a thing today (I would probably ask them to try it.)

- I complaine and whined a lot and I was bad tempered at times. I also resisted external control; answering back elders etc. All these traits survived to the present day in full force.

- I used to create fantasy worlds and play them out with my friend in the school playground.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

@Standuble Nothing in particular. Just what qualities did you see at being 4-like when you were a child.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    @Standuble Nothing in particular. Just what qualities did you see at being 4-like when you were a child.
    Hmm well apart from the above I would not know what else to say. What qualifies as "four-like" would be something I can't express - there aren't words for it. But if you wanted behaviours I would say (apart from the above) was that I was somehow less of a person as in that I felt that I didn't have the same rights as others. I spoke and expressed what I wanted but I didn't think anyone would or should listen or respect them. Likewise I believed on some level that everything I believed was wrong in a way in the respect that I did not expect others to accept it, obey it or respect me for having them.

These are still technically in effect today but they have been watered down in favour of assertion and appeals to empiricism.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

I was the outgoing, charming, teacher's-favorite class clown but I liked staying at home painting/writing cartoons and playing drums, I also liked videogames and making nonsense-videos. Members of my family considered me quite peculiar, in a funny/charming way, calling me "the scientist" or something weird like that. Yet I was very sensitive, too sensitive. I was alright in school, though I've always been (very) bad at math. I took pride in my superior Swedish and English skills and liked boasting about it to classmates.

Started feeling more and more detached from humans somehow in 4th grade and it's been getting worse ever since.
    4w5-9w1-5w4

I was hyperactive and crazy, but also overly sensitive, which was the reason I often cried. I was constantly full of new ideas, there was one crazy experiment by the other. I loved to create my own fantasy worlds and I had imaginary friends. I loved to write since I learned how to hold a pen. I was very much living in my fantasy, very passionate, very self expressive...sometimes the passion combinated with expressivnes made me look like the real fool .
    Likes xXMariahXx liked this post

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

- At my very youngest, I was quite extroverted and outgoing. My mother would marvel at my people skills and exuberance. I was also weirdly easy to content, capable of obscene amounts of focus (like when I was 3, I apparently sat still for two hours straight trying to read a book), and very self-entertaining.

- I was willful and tempermental (always)

- In the third grade I became super-withdrawn due to bullying that I was taught to "ignore". I ignored it by withdrawing, and that, unfortunately, became something it took the next two decades to break out of. I think I'm back to normal now, though.

- I was still a brat at home, though. A horrible nasty willful spoiled brat. If I met my childhood self, I'd smack me.

- Also, I was the way most 4s were--creative, "gifted" (it is not a gift, lol), idiosyncratic, imaginative, "different and special", created a lot of imaginary friends and liked arts and crafts. I also liked science. Lots and lots. I was known as "the scientist" by my family. And I liked animals. I actually thought I was an animal. I was convinced I was part cat, part dog, part human. Yep. "Different". XD

I could go on, but I'm trying to be less of an egomaniac here.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    - At my very youngest, I was quite extroverted and outgoing. My mother would marvel at my people skills and exuberance. I was also weirdly easy to content, capable of obscene amounts of focus (like when I was 3, I apparently sat still for two hours straight trying to read a book), and very self-entertaining.
    Oh hi, me.

- In the third grade I became super-withdrawn due to bullying that I was taught to "ignore". I ignored it by withdrawing, and that, unfortunately, became something it took the next two decades to break out of. I think I'm back to normal now, though.
    Yeah! Still breaking out here, and it's inspiring to see other people return to themselves from it.

- I was still a brat at home, though. A horrible nasty willful spoiled brat. If I met my childhood self, I'd smack me.
    *meets child self at home* *smacks for being too bratty*

*meets child self at school* *smacks for being too fragile (somaticization galore) and oversensitive*

Why I could not handle time travel, and pretty much the thread for me. I have anger issues toward myself as a kid that I'm working on, with help. The problem is pinning my past self, who was too young to step outside of it the way I can now, up as representative of what a woman shouldn't be and what could pop back out if I cut myself any slack in the present.

Not that I wasn't as much of a perfectionist back then, too. In fact, my exterior wispiness may just have been because I wore myself down to a raw place internally by being my own tyrant. Introjected a lot of expectations from the environments I was in and cranked them up to unreasonable benchmarks, leaving myself in a constant state of striving that does not do a body good. Artist who never leaves their study. "I might not be an emotionally or physically strong girl, but I can produce things that are beautiful and excel. Every time. Or else." You can't tell me to GTFO because I can't handle life, because then you'd lose these with me. Such becomes a new norm after a while, and putting in the same hours as everyone else accordingly begins to look like failure in comparison and just isn't an option.

- Also, I was the way most 4s were--creative, "gifted" (it is not a gift, lol), idiosyncratic, imaginative, "different and special", created a lot of imaginary friends and liked arts and crafts. I also liked science. Lots and lots. I was known as "the scientist" by my family. And I liked animals.
    Oh yeah, these.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    Oh hi, me.

Yeah! Still breaking out here, and it's inspiring to see other people return to themselves from it.

*meets child self at home* *smacks for being too bratty*

*meets child self at school* *smacks for being too fragile (somaticization galore) and oversensitive*

Why I could not handle time travel, and pretty much the thread for me. I have anger issues toward myself as a kid that I'm working on, with help. The problem is pinning my past self, who was too young to step outside of it the way I can now, up as representative of what a woman shouldn't be and what could pop back out if I cut myself any slack in the present.

Not that I wasn't as much of a perfectionist back then, too. In fact, my exterior wispiness may just have been because I wore myself down to a raw place internally by being my own tyrant. Introjected a lot of expectations from the environments I was in and cranked them up to unreasonable benchmarks, leaving myself in a constant state of striving that does not do a body good. Artist who never leaves their study. "I might not be an emotionally or physically strong girl, but I can produce things that are beautiful and excel. Every time. Or else." You can't tell me to GTFO because I can't handle life, because then you'd lose these with me. Such becomes a new norm after a while, and putting in the same hours as everyone else accordingly begins to look like failure in comparison and just isn't an option.

Oh yeah, these.
    Hi, other me!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I remember myself as child not as a 4, but more of an ENFP. Continually bored, experimental, and in trouble a lot for talking in places where I was supposed to be quiet.