User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Neat - I was wondering how the quote reflected in other people. The process sounds far more fluid with you than it is with me. I can't quite match the vibe of the group as easily, I have to work to get there. Do you happen to know your instinct stacking?
    Moreso with individual people than groups of them.

If there is conflict within a group of people I don't know as well I just feel like AHHHHH... kind of paralyzed almost... make it stop!!!

But yeah, I'll just sort of find myself acting more pragmatic around some people, more sympathetic around others, or whatnot. It's fun though, I like all different folks.

I'm sp/sx.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Indeed, and when you stick your neck out a bit and show them a bit of your "real" self, and they react negatively, it's... unpleasant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Mmmyup.
    Haha. Yeah it's kind of annoying isn't it? But then you just have to figure... their loss... right?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Haha. Yeah it's kind of annoying isn't it? But then you just have to figure... their loss... right?
    Not always, because it can be taken as having more meaning than intended. I think the quickest way to get a 9 to stfu is to interrupt us when we're talking about ourselves, it doesn't mean the other person isn't interested in what we had to say, it's just that we aren't inclined to share that stuff due to the lack of importance we place on it so it matters to us more than any other type when we do however the smallest dismissal can be seen as total rejection, so sometimes the loss is all ours if we withdraw too easily in the face of a negative reaction. At least that's my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Not always, because it can be taken as having more meaning than intended. I think the quickest way to get a 9 to stfu is to interrupt us when we're talking about ourselves, it doesn't mean the other person isn't interested in what we had to say, it's just that we aren't inclined to share that stuff due to the lack of importance we place on it so it matters to us more than any other type when we do however the smallest dismissal can be seen as total rejection, so sometimes the loss is all ours if we withdraw too easily in the face of a negative reaction. At least that's my experience.
    I guess I'm just saying... that person is showing that they aren't really worth your time. You are much better off wth people who care to know you as you are. So it is their loss that they don't get to experience the awesomeness that is... YOU

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

There's a lot of talk about the difficulties that E9s face, but I'm not sure if I've seen much conversation about one of the cooler things with the E9 description. From https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/typenine.asp

How do you relate to this part of the description?
    I totally relate to this part of the description (except I would probably be a counterphobic 6, if I understand the description well enough). I had the hardest time pinpointing my Enneagram type because I identified with the majority of them, and not just a sentence here and there, but the core of that personality. I am incredibly idealistic (to a fault), focused on achieving goals, romanticizing, questioning of authority, and on and on with the other types. I went around and around trying to figure my type out.

I guess I don't think of myself as a chameleon, but rather, by going along with the flow I have said "sure, I'll try that" and have had experiences I may have limited myself from having otherwise. I don't find myself consciously studying other people and their behaviors, but rather I can readily tap into that part of myself becoming far more social and inviting with very little effort. Perhaps it is the ability to tap into other peoples' interests and passions and magnify them, and ultimately I think the e9 benefits if they are open-minded to these new experiences.

I have more than enough interests and passions of my own to pursue, so you do need that healthy balance.

It would be interesting to see how the wing may influence different posts on this thread, or the tritype (which I am still trying to determine for myself, though I'm thinking 9-2-6).
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell