User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 11

  1. #1
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default E8 meditation techniques?

    I'm feeling quite moderate lately.

    I don't know if its because of my interactions with friends, or if its because I drank 2 tablespoons of weed syrup 2 days ago. In either case, I feel very calm.

    I love it. Part of the reason I love it so much, is because people don't seem to react negatively to me. I walk up and talk to strangers and they seem to speak to me without getting jittery or nervous. Its almost as if.... I'm normal!

    I have two theories why I'm feeling this way:
    1. the weed.
    2. intense conversations I had with an INFJ sx 4. it was like taking cocaine. We completely out did one another until we both collapsed from exhaustion and decided it was best to both act normal. lmao. Ever since then, People seem to be much more receptive to me. They seem to welcome me and not get jittery or go on edge when I look them in the eye. I'm no longer talking to her, it didn't work out, but I'd still like to retain the lessons learned from our interaction.

    Ideas? Why do I feel normal right now?

    My emotions seem to behave much like molten lava. When heated, energized or excited, they start flowing. They become warm and fluid. I can feel them again. But over time, this warmth starts to disappear, and I cool off, and my emotions seem to harden into rock again.

    I wish, with all of my soul, that I could keep my emotions in this fluid state, and hold onto this inner warmth, but it always seems to dissipate and I don't know why. Are there any self sufficient ways, forms of meditation, or anything else that I can do, to enliven myself, and feel these emotions again without feeling like I need to be in a relationship to make it happen?

    What is the psychology behind all of this? Despite talking out loud to myself and other things, the answers never seem to be so simple. I can't figure out a good cause for any of this.

  2. #2
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    I know what you mean with the molten thing except my emotions don't feel like nice warmth they feel like fire. Getting into random relationships is part of what I do I consider it like a maintenance thing. Your body releases all kinds of brain chemicals when you are in a relationship you can look it up. As for the eye contact thing your eyes say a lot about your mental state that you can't really control. You probably just need an outlet for all your pent up emotions or that intense sx connection really energized you.

    The other thing I do that probably only works for me is that I screw up my sleep schedule on purpose by staying up later and later every day. It shocks my nervous system so my emotions come to the surface and my creativity and mental state get heightened. I'm guessing you are a type 2 heart type so for you you would probably need to do some intense 1 on 1 charity work or something. My ENFJ brother volunteers in a crisis call center and that really does it for him especially when he talks someone down from killing themselves.

    Btw I'm seeing an INFJ 9 and shit sucks.

  3. #3
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    I know what you mean with the molten thing except my emotions don't feel like nice warmth they feel like fire. Getting into random relationships is part of what I do I consider it like a maintenance thing. Your body releases all kinds of brain chemicals when you are in a relationship you can look it up. As for the eye contact thing your eyes say a lot about your mental state that you can't really control. You probably just need an outlet for all your pent up emotions or that intense sx connection really energized you.

    The other thing I do that probably only works for me is that I screw up my sleep schedule on purpose by staying up later and later every day. It shocks my nervous system so my emotions come to the surface and my creativity and mental state get heightened. I'm guessing you are a type 2 heart type so for you you would probably need to do some intense 1 on 1 charity work or something. My ENFJ brother volunteers in a crisis call center and that really does it for him especially when he talks someone down from killing themselves.

    Btw I'm seeing an INFJ 9 and shit sucks.
    I almost always find 9's to be incredibly dull. Why does it suck for you guys? does she not want to leave?

    Shit, I was thinking about working at a crisis call center, except I'm more interested in putting out fires, etc.

  4. #4
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,028

    Default

    It's the combination of Se/Ti as dom/aux. Se is in the moment (out of sight, out of mind) and Ti (subjective objective logic).

    The reason why it's exhausting for you is that Fe/Ni are tert and inferior where they haven't been fully developed yet. But in flexing your Fe (tert relief function) through a workout with the INFJ (Ni>Fe>Ti>Se), this helps to develop them so your approach and social interactions have positively been impacted.

  5. #5
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I'm feeling quite moderate lately.
    I don't know if its because of my interactions with friends, or if its because I drank 2 tablespoons of weed syrup 2 days ago. In either case, I feel very calm.
    I love it. Part of the reason I love it so much, is because people don't seem to react negatively to me. I walk up and talk to strangers and they seem to speak to me without getting jittery or nervous. Its almost as if.... I'm normal!
    I have two theories why I'm feeling this way:
    1. the weed.
    2. intense conversations I had with an INFJ sx 4. it was like taking cocaine. We completely out did one another until we both collapsed from exhaustion and decided it was best to both act normal. lmao. Ever since then, People seem to be much more receptive to me. They seem to welcome me and not get jittery or go on edge when I look them in the eye. I'm no longer talking to her, it didn't work out, but I'd still like to retain the lessons learned from our interaction.
    Ideas? Why do I feel normal right now?
    My emotions seem to behave much like molten lava. When heated, energized or excited, they start flowing. They become warm and fluid. I can feel them again. But over time, this warmth starts to disappear, and I cool off, and my emotions seem to harden into rock again.
    I wish, with all of my soul, that I could keep my emotions in this fluid state, and hold onto this inner warmth, but it always seems to dissipate and I don't know why. Are there any self sufficient ways, forms of meditation, or anything else that I can do, to enliven myself, and feel these emotions again without feeling like I need to be in a relationship to make it happen?
    What is the psychology behind all of this? Despite talking out loud to myself and other things, the answers never seem to be so simple. I can't figure out a good cause for any of this.
    I'm not sure about type specific meditation techniques, but some things I've found which are useful in calming me down are
    1) drink tea
    2) work out. if you have excessive energy or aggressive impulses, channel them into something demanding
    3) masturbate (seriously, it helps )
    4) get affection from somewhere (a friend, a significant other, even a pet will do)
    5) listen to relaxing music
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  6. #6
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I almost always find 9's to be incredibly dull. Why does it suck for you guys? does she not want to leave?

    Shit, I was thinking about working at a crisis call center, except I'm more interested in putting out fires, etc.
    Yea 9s are the worst never again. I felt like her 9 was smothering my 4. I already dumped her. It's like she wasn't even a person she was more like a shape shifting chameleon. Can't have a real connection like that. She also had self esteem and identity problems.

    Probably going to be seeing an ESTP 864 now. She is training for her first MMA fight lol.

    Start the fires then put them out. You get to be a hero.

  7. #7
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Hmm...

    I don't think meditation techniques are important. I think knowing the self, is. And what I've noticed is my Ti shoots up when I'm guarded, and my Fe shoots up when I'm not. I think its simply about what company I choose.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    795

    Default

    Brainwave entrainment.

  9. #9
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CapLawyer View Post
    Brainwave entrainment.
    holy crap, this must be why I naturally love ambient music so much.

  10. #10
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,545

    Default

    There are various traps along the way of meditation.

    So it is wise to put yourself under a successful meditator.

    Unfortunately there are many charlatans who claim to teach meditation, and very few who are successful meditators who are prepared to teach a neophyte.

    The New Age is full of charlatans who are trapped in one of the various phases of meditation. And all they will do is trap you.

Similar Threads

  1. Meditation
    By SuperServal in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-12-2009, 01:20 AM
  2. Meditation
    By ring the bell in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 07:44 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 05:02 PM
  4. My New Filing Technique is UN-STOPPABLE!
    By CzeCze in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-15-2008, 02:05 AM
  5. [NT] life transforming technology, technique, or theory
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 11:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO