• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] E8 meditation techniques?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm feeling quite moderate lately.

I don't know if its because of my interactions with friends, or if its because I drank 2 tablespoons of weed syrup 2 days ago. In either case, I feel very calm.

I love it. Part of the reason I love it so much, is because people don't seem to react negatively to me. I walk up and talk to strangers and they seem to speak to me without getting jittery or nervous. Its almost as if.... I'm normal!

I have two theories why I'm feeling this way:
1. the weed.
2. intense conversations I had with an INFJ sx 4. it was like taking cocaine. We completely out did one another until we both collapsed from exhaustion and decided it was best to both act normal. lmao. Ever since then, People seem to be much more receptive to me. They seem to welcome me and not get jittery or go on edge when I look them in the eye. I'm no longer talking to her, it didn't work out, but I'd still like to retain the lessons learned from our interaction.

Ideas? Why do I feel normal right now?

My emotions seem to behave much like molten lava. When heated, energized or excited, they start flowing. They become warm and fluid. I can feel them again. But over time, this warmth starts to disappear, and I cool off, and my emotions seem to harden into rock again.

I wish, with all of my soul, that I could keep my emotions in this fluid state, and hold onto this inner warmth, but it always seems to dissipate and I don't know why. Are there any self sufficient ways, forms of meditation, or anything else that I can do, to enliven myself, and feel these emotions again without feeling like I need to be in a relationship to make it happen?

What is the psychology behind all of this? Despite talking out loud to myself and other things, the answers never seem to be so simple. I can't figure out a good cause for any of this.

badger055

Permabanned
I know what you mean with the molten thing except my emotions don't feel like nice warmth they feel like fire. Getting into random relationships is part of what I do I consider it like a maintenance thing. Your body releases all kinds of brain chemicals when you are in a relationship you can look it up. As for the eye contact thing your eyes say a lot about your mental state that you can't really control. You probably just need an outlet for all your pent up emotions or that intense sx connection really energized you.

The other thing I do that probably only works for me is that I screw up my sleep schedule on purpose by staying up later and later every day. It shocks my nervous system so my emotions come to the surface and my creativity and mental state get heightened. I'm guessing you are a type 2 heart type so for you you would probably need to do some intense 1 on 1 charity work or something. My ENFJ brother volunteers in a crisis call center and that really does it for him especially when he talks someone down from killing themselves.

Btw I'm seeing an INFJ 9 and shit sucks.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I know what you mean with the molten thing except my emotions don't feel like nice warmth they feel like fire. Getting into random relationships is part of what I do I consider it like a maintenance thing. Your body releases all kinds of brain chemicals when you are in a relationship you can look it up. As for the eye contact thing your eyes say a lot about your mental state that you can't really control. You probably just need an outlet for all your pent up emotions or that intense sx connection really energized you.

The other thing I do that probably only works for me is that I screw up my sleep schedule on purpose by staying up later and later every day. It shocks my nervous system so my emotions come to the surface and my creativity and mental state get heightened. I'm guessing you are a type 2 heart type so for you you would probably need to do some intense 1 on 1 charity work or something. My ENFJ brother volunteers in a crisis call center and that really does it for him especially when he talks someone down from killing themselves.

Btw I'm seeing an INFJ 9 and shit sucks.

I almost always find 9's to be incredibly dull. Why does it suck for you guys? does she not want to leave?

Shit, I was thinking about working at a crisis call center, except I'm more interested in putting out fires, etc.

rav3n

It's the combination of Se/Ti as dom/aux. Se is in the moment (out of sight, out of mind) and Ti (subjective objective logic).

The reason why it's exhausting for you is that Fe/Ni are tert and inferior where they haven't been fully developed yet. But in flexing your Fe (tert relief function) through a workout with the INFJ (Ni>Fe>Ti>Se), this helps to develop them so your approach and social interactions have positively been impacted.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know if its because of my interactions with friends, or if its because I drank 2 tablespoons of weed syrup 2 days ago. In either case, I feel very calm.
I love it. Part of the reason I love it so much, is because people don't seem to react negatively to me. I walk up and talk to strangers and they seem to speak to me without getting jittery or nervous. Its almost as if.... I'm normal!
1. the weed.
2. intense conversations I had with an INFJ sx 4. it was like taking cocaine. We completely out did one another until we both collapsed from exhaustion and decided it was best to both act normal. lmao. Ever since then, People seem to be much more receptive to me. They seem to welcome me and not get jittery or go on edge when I look them in the eye. I'm no longer talking to her, it didn't work out, but I'd still like to retain the lessons learned from our interaction.
My emotions seem to behave much like molten lava. When heated, energized or excited, they start flowing. They become warm and fluid. I can feel them again. But over time, this warmth starts to disappear, and I cool off, and my emotions seem to harden into rock again.
I wish, with all of my soul, that I could keep my emotions in this fluid state, and hold onto this inner warmth, but it always seems to dissipate and I don't know why. Are there any self sufficient ways, forms of meditation, or anything else that I can do, to enliven myself, and feel these emotions again without feeling like I need to be in a relationship to make it happen?
What is the psychology behind all of this? Despite talking out loud to myself and other things, the answers never seem to be so simple. I can't figure out a good cause for any of this.

I'm not sure about type specific meditation techniques, but some things I've found which are useful in calming me down are
1) drink tea
2) work out. if you have excessive energy or aggressive impulses, channel them into something demanding
3) masturbate (seriously, it helps :tongue: )
4) get affection from somewhere (a friend, a significant other, even a pet will do)
5) listen to relaxing music

badger055

Permabanned
I almost always find 9's to be incredibly dull. Why does it suck for you guys? does she not want to leave?

Shit, I was thinking about working at a crisis call center, except I'm more interested in putting out fires, etc.

Yea 9s are the worst never again. I felt like her 9 was smothering my 4. I already dumped her. It's like she wasn't even a person she was more like a shape shifting chameleon. Can't have a real connection like that. She also had self esteem and identity problems.

Probably going to be seeing an ESTP 864 now. She is training for her first MMA fight lol.

Start the fires then put them out. You get to be a hero.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Hmm...

I don't think meditation techniques are important. I think knowing the self, is. And what I've noticed is my Ti shoots up when I'm guarded, and my Fe shoots up when I'm not. I think its simply about what company I choose.

Mole

Permabanned
There are various traps along the way of meditation.

So it is wise to put yourself under a successful meditator.

Unfortunately there are many charlatans who claim to teach meditation, and very few who are successful meditators who are prepared to teach a neophyte.

The New Age is full of charlatans who are trapped in one of the various phases of meditation. And all they will do is trap you.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

1. the weed.

Sounds a bit like manic depression... not, if you had actual reasons for changing, though.

Also... Do keep it in mind that with intense emotions flowing, you will be perceiving things differently. Your reality will be different. I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing, just if it's taken to the extreme making you dysfunctional. To an extent, to a not too extreme extent, it can make you more functional, depending.

I am mentioning different perception because of what you said about the different reactions of strangers. Possible it's all in your head. But if you describe what tangible cues you observed that indicate an actual different reaction, I could be more sure about this.

As for wanting to feel more enlivened, maybe you do just need a relationship. That can also make you a bit manic but it's normal I guess, ha, no worries :)