Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a CP6...

Immanentize the Eschaton Array Starry's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

@MDP2525

In the spoiler is a quote by Z Buck that I pulled over from...omg...I can't remember the name of the thread but it was discussing Ni. Something started by highlander. (okay, I'm going to have to come back and edit this.) edit" The thread is "Do You Think Introverted Intuition is Focused on the Future" haha.

All I was wanting to know was whether or not you see counterphobia in what was described. Like, do counterphobics react in similar ways for similar reasons...? I'm going to post this in spite of not being confident I asked what I wanted to ask in a way you will understand.

Whoops I should say that I relate to it in many some ways.
    Through every forest, above the trees
    Within my stomach, scraped off my knees
    I drink the honey inside your hive
    You are the reason I stay alive
    Likes MDP2525, greenfairy liked this post

wants Mifune clone minion Array Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Somewhere around here I made a post comparing e6 CP to Ni, saying that e6 CP confounds me because it's *instant*. (That's the difference, as far as I can tell.) @MDP2525 agreed, iirc.

Eta: It's the biggest difference, I mean.

More eta: okay @Starry, here's my two cents on the diff between Ni and e6 CP:http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post2626290
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari
    Likes Starry, greenfairy, MDP2525 liked this post

Immanentize the Eschaton Array Starry's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Somewhere around here I made a post comparing e6 CP to Ni, saying that e6 CP confounds me because it's *instant*. (That's the difference, as far as I can tell.) @MDP2525 agreed, iirc.
    Thank you...I'll have to look for that.
    There's something in the compulsion to protect coupled with the lack of trust. For me...I rarely get the sense other people understand their own motivations...which...lucky me...makes it a whole lot easier to trust what I'm picking up on in this hyper-alert/hyper-aware state.

I also find/think of so many things as being destructive that others see as benign. Self-righteousness...attachment to image...sarcasm...etc. etc. etc. I'm looking forward to MDP2525's response.
    Through every forest, above the trees
    Within my stomach, scraped off my knees
    I drink the honey inside your hive
    You are the reason I stay alive
    Likes MDP2525 liked this post

Queen hunter Array Virtual ghost's Avatar

How did you decide that you are counter-phobic instead of phobic ?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ISTp None

@Starry

At first, I was a bit overwhelmed. But I stepped back a bit. I have Ni. Not in the same order that xNFJ's have but if it struck you as similar, I get it. Because on the surface, you are seeing a reaction. But is the causation the same? Hmm.

Question: could it be that the reaction/connection you saw was similar to how CPness is manifested in xNFJ types? There's not enough xNFJ's that are openly CP that can comment here. @greenfairy I think is xNFJ. Maybe she could shed some light.

I think that's a good question. But I don't equate Ni (ness) with CP at all. I suppose Fe would have to come into play here too because with xNFJ's, I think it's difficult to separate those functions!
    ~Live and learn from fools and from sages~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance
    Likes Starry liked this post

wants Mifune clone minion Array Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I actually would have been somewhat surprised if my NFJ description resonated much to an e6 CP. (As I've told @Starry before, she seems more ENFJ to me precisely because of what I explained in the post she quoted above- I'm going to admit, I wondered if that's why my post resonated more than anything to do with e6ness.)

I think both have that "palpable wall" mentioned in the other thread, and I do think being e6 pushes Pe dom/aux to have Pi-ish tendencies- but I do think what I was describing was an NFJ thing. NFPs are more detached, generally. [Of course, what I'm seeing in Starry may very well be e6 influence on ENFP. ]
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari
    Likes MDP2525, Starry liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ISTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    I actually would have been somewhat surprised if my NFJ description resonated much to an e6 CP. (As I've told @Starry before, she seems more ENFJ to me precisely because of what I explained in the post she quoted above- I'm going to admit, I wondered if that's why my post resonated more than anything to do with e6ness.)

I think both have that "palpable wall" mentioned in the other thread, and I do think being e6 pushes Pe dom/aux to have Pi-ish tendencies- but I do think what I was describing was an NFJ thing. NFPs are more detached, generally. [Of course, what I'm seeing in Starry may very we'll be e6 influence on ENFP. ]
    I like your "palpable wall" example and the Pe to have Pi ish tendencies. I think this is where overlap can be seen but again, I'm really wondering if you didn't inadvertently shed some light on NFJ CP ness.

Do you have experience with CP xNFJ's to share your experiences with as far as differences or similarities?
    ~Live and learn from fools and from sages~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance
    Likes greenfairy liked this post

Human Grumpy Cat Array senza tema's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

This is how I feel about counterphobic 6w5s and their testing. Oh god, the testing.

Likes Hard, Starry liked this post

what does 'existential anxiety' mean to you?

not just by definition, but does it resonate in a personal way? why?
    All for ourselves and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind. - Adam Smith

philosopher wood nymph Array greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    @MDP2525

In the spoiler is a quote by Z Buck that I pulled over from...omg...I can't remember the name of the thread but it was discussing Ni. Something started by highlander. (okay, I'm going to have to come back and edit this.) edit" The thread is "Do You Think Introverted Intuition is Focused on the Future" haha.

All I was wanting to know was whether or not you see counterphobia in what was described. Like, do counterphobics react in similar ways for similar reasons...? I'm going to post this in spite of not being confident I asked what I wanted to ask in a way you will understand.

Whoops I should say that I relate to it in many some ways.
    I don't know about other XNFJs or CP6s, but I will say wow, I relate to that quote 100%. As for me, my Ni sees reality in minute detail exactly how it is. It's Fe which contains all my idealism and neuroses and fears and misinterprets what Ni is telling me. And those are rooted in being E6. All my emotional overreactions correspond to E6 (with a few E4 thrown in and a little bit of whatever my gut center is). It might have been mentioned that E6 reacts less to a situation than the possible worst case scenario which could develop from that situation. We are always reacting to future (negative) possibilities, to try to prevent them. Ni just helps this process by seeing various ways in which a situation could develop and intuiting the most likely outcome. As far as motivations are concerned, I think I see some of people's motivations clearly, but when I am feeling insecure, I overemphasize the negative and threatening ones and usually totally misinterpret the actual reality of the situation, making erroneous assumptions. So my reactions are to perceived motivations which are emphasized based on an illusion. I don't know what you want to do with all this type-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    This is how I feel about counterphobic 6w5s and their testing. Oh god, the testing.

Haha. I never understand why this bothers people. I can see being a pain in the butt, but I never expect anyone to trust me, so I expect others to feel the same way and am puzzled when they get offended. Would you indulge me and elaborate if it is more than just frustration?
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/24/244970.png

6w5, 4w3, 1w9 (probably)
    Likes MDP2525, Starry liked this post

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast