• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] Ask a CP6...

Dorito

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Resurrecting thread, because I'm interested in 6s, as I've recently retyped to such from a 4. I'm sx/sp, which should by definition make me more counter-phobic, though I think that all 6s have their phobic and counter-phobic moments both.

I tend to be more aware of my anger than my fear, though, if I introspect enough, I do seem to be angry because something scares me and I find that offensive. I tend to antagonize people, so that I have a sense of certainty of why they dislike me. I can be quite combative. I like to dress and stylize for shock value, so that I know why people don't like me. Or, I think that's half of the reason. The other is that I just like it, and I don't care for conveniences. Half the reason why I enjoyed having turquoise hair, and why I like having partial buzz-cut now is that I like what it looks like. The other half is having pleasure from knowing it will upset the country manager at work, and therefore it moves any vague threat from her from vague, to open, which is easier territory to navigate.

Another thing I do is if I know something petrifies me, I hold my breath and go ahead and do it, to prove to myself there is nothing to fear. I have terrible performance stress and stage fright, and used to have panic attacks when speaking in front of people. It made me take up public speaking club in high school, so that I would learn how to do it, and so that I would face my fears. I do this pretty much with everything that I know that scares me.