User Tag List

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 120

Thread: Ask a CP6...

  1. #91
    Rainy Day Woman Array MDP2525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    The question is quite simple: Why is ENTJ style of communication likely to push buttons of CP 6 ? (everything else in my post i just simplistic framework of why I ask)
    Well, I answered that in the post you quoted but I will expand.

    I will clarify somewhat. The post you quoted me on, I was talking to/about a specific member. That members style has a more aggressive approach? And happens to be ENTJ. So, my response was geared toward that members interaction style.

    I'll take the time now to say I don't see this specifically as *just* an ENTJ thing. Or any type, really. More a *trait* some ENTJ's share with other people/types.

    More so, how I see it? Being confident in one's approach is one thing. Being confident to the point of dismissal of value of other options/opinions can come off as arrogance.

    Maybe it's just me, but I would guess a lot of CP's see that and bristle because something about it (whether they are reading it correctly or not) feels very inegalitarian.

    The whole testing thing comes into play, we question "How is this person so certain? Tell me" And so on.

    I think it can come off as paranoid and accusing but it's based in, I think, needing reassurance to trust in outside/internal sources.
    ~Live and learn from fools and from sages~




    Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

  2. #92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Well, I answered that in the post you quoted but I will expand.

    I will clarify somewhat. The post you quoted me on, I was talking to/about a specific member. That members style has a more aggressive approach? And happens to be ENTJ. So, my response was geared toward that members interaction style.

    I'll take the time now to say I don't see this specifically as *just* an ENTJ thing. Or any type, really. More a *trait* some ENTJ's share with other people/types.

    More so, how I see it? Being confident in one's approach is one thing. Being confident to the point of dismissal of value of other options/opinions can come off as arrogance.

    Maybe it's just me, but I would guess a lot of CP's see that and bristle because something about it (whether they are reading it correctly or not) feels very inegalitarian.

    The whole testing thing comes into play, we question "How is this person so certain? Tell me" And so on.

    I think it can come off as paranoid and accusing but it's based in, I think, needing reassurance to trust in outside/internal sources.


    The people in my story/environment were emotionally unstabile Fs. Therefore just sitting down and asking a few simple questions about the actual problem that is obviously ahead of us or something about obvious lack of efficiency can be enough to throw some of those people out of balance. In the case I did something trully wrong to them I would understand but this is just dumb when it happens. Ok I get it, situation obviuosly scares you but it will only get worse if we don't do something about it. Also it happned that I attracted a few girls that seem to be e6, but they were too scared to commit. ( I even got that confessed openly so it is not just my imagination)


    6 can totally block any change to the point that everything will surely go wrong and I simply don't see why 6 creates those self-fulfiling prophecies in which everything will go wrong. On the other hand they can charge at the problem when they are not ready. Either there is block of charge mode, while systematic and logical problem solving does not occur to the 6s that I have met. Why push everything to the extreme when that can be avoided ?


    (I understand that this is in alot of ways Sx-Sp conflict)
    Likes MDP2525 liked this post

  3. #93
    Seal Down Array Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se
    Posts
    7,340

    Default

    6's and 1's (particularly sp 1's it seems) can sometimes be confused with one another, and it's something I considered in the past with myself. Ultimately one of the thing that helped delineate it was perfectionism. So for cp6's, what are your thoughts and relationship with perfectionism? I'm curious what it's like on that side.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari
    Likes MDP2525, Starry liked this post

  4. #94
    Intentionally Clementine Array Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's actually yours! (From that other thread, I'd responded to a post where you'd used it.) But yeah, it's very apt.



    In the post @Starry quoted, I was trying to describe (as I perceive it) an internal reaction that seems specific to NFJs. For the purpose of helping highlander come up with questions that might parse out the INFJs. I'd not built it on experience of e6 CP NFJs per se, I'm not sure I know any all that well outside of possibly being w6 myself. I'm going on what I've observed tends to 'hook' or shenpa (on phone, can't link explanation for shenpa but it's worth googling) NFJ brethren.

    I mean, ALL people/types have hooks. The condition of having one's limbic system firing off before the conscious mind knows why it's happening is universal. (There have been studies, science is with me on this.) But I think it would be a valid theory to say the kind of stimuli that hooks us might be type related.

    Starry- I can't say with much certainty, but it *seems* to me like the thing that hooks NFPs is more about expressed judgments. Like, the limbic system causes a strong reaction when external values of <whatever> don't match internal values? My threshold for trying to type out ideas on tiny shitty phone keypad & screen has run out- gonna hope that makes sense for now.


    So many great posts from everyone I love it. Of course I got busy today wth? Like, the day before I was really sick to my stomach and kinda hung out in bed all day because every time I got up I thought I would throw up. Yah...not a lot of interesting posts on that day. Today, however...


    So basically it's about operating on assumption. I mean, I've sat back and judged the NFJs that say "I'm never wrong"...yah. All while knowing I'm never wrong. I'm proud of that.
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور

  5. #95
    Intentionally Clementine Array Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    @Starry
    You can never splain to an eNFJ 6w5cp why they're the way they are.

    Remember when it comes to perceptive functions:
    Introversion: focusing on how the outer event affects you.
    Extroversion: interacting with the outer event. You are consumed by what's outside of you.

    You are so sweet.
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور
    Likes Forever liked this post

  6. #96

    Default

    E6:

    Tell me about "testing" what is it and why you do it

    And how it is different from how others/other types might "test"
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

  7. #97
    Rainy Day Woman Array MDP2525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    6's and 1's (particularly sp 1's it seems) can sometimes be confused with one another, and it's something I considered in the past with myself. Ultimately one of the thing that helped delineate it was perfectionism. So for cp6's, what are your thoughts and relationship with perfectionism? I'm curious what it's like on that side.
    Glad to see this post. I agree that they can look similar!

    My mom is an E1 and before I had her take the test, I thought she was a phobic 6. She has always had a lot of anxiety.

    Now, looking back I see where I typed her wrong and what you say about perfectionism plays into that. Also, the fact I *saw* anxiety is a clue that she probably wasn't a 6.

    Something I ask in Enneagram typing (if I'm doing it myself) is: What enneagram motivation DON'T I see in the forefront of this person?

    I saw her anxiety, I didn't see a lot of anger from her.

    I don't know a lot about 1's but I think what they have in common with 6's is kind of a focus on control.

    I see that control -of anger/extremes - in 1's perfectionism.

    6's in control of - fear - in anticipating it (CP) or implementing safeguards (phobic) against it.

    I have so many other anecdotal similarities I see: I won't say this is for all 1's or 6's but this is what I see between my mom and myself:

    She uses hierarchal structure because it defines what is appropriate. She knows what is expected. I think she measures herself against these things internally. Whether she buys in or not, I'm not sure. BUT when she does?? She does with passion and conviction. The reformer/crusader comes into play here.

    I think 1's are looking FOR something to put their "inappropriate" (self-deemed) feelings and channel that into "appropriate" outlets. Once they have the outlet, they feel free, more at peace.

    (She's also ISTJ so...overlap here, I'm sure)

    I use hierarchal structure to question myself and my beliefs, it's a jumping off point. Should I buy in? Should I not? How much? It's always oscillating. I'm NEVER going to buy in fully. Not like a 1 does, at least because the very nature of my motivation prevents full committment I'm just happy it's there.
    ~Live and learn from fools and from sages~




    Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance
    Likes Starry, Hard, Forever_Jung liked this post

  8. #98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Glad to see this post. I agree that they can look similar!

    My mom is an E1 and before I had her take the test, I thought she was a phobic 6. She has always had a lot of anxiety.

    Now, looking back I see where I typed her wrong and what you say about perfectionism plays into that. Also, the fact I *saw* anxiety is a clue that she probably wasn't a 6.

    Something I ask in Enneagram typing (if I'm doing it myself) is: What enneagram motivation DON'T I see in the forefront of this person?

    I saw her anxiety, I didn't see a lot of anger from her.

    I don't know a lot about 1's but I think what they have in common with 6's is kind of a focus on control.

    I see that control -of anger/extremes - in 1's perfectionism.

    6's in control of - fear - in anticipating it (CP) or implementing safeguards (phobic) against it.

    I have so many other anecdotal similarities I see: I won't say this is for all 1's or 6's but this is what I see between my mom and myself:

    She uses hierarchal structure because it defines what is appropriate. She knows what is expected. I think she measures herself against these things internally. Whether she buys in or not, I'm not sure. BUT when she does?? She does with passion and conviction. The reformer/crusader comes into play here.

    I think 1's are looking FOR something to put their "inappropriate" (self-deemed) feelings and channel that into "appropriate" outlets. Once they have the outlet, they feel free, more at peace.

    (She's also ISTJ so...overlap here, I'm sure)

    I use hierarchal structure to question myself and my beliefs, it's a jumping off point. Should I buy in? Should I not? How much? It's always oscillating. I'm NEVER going to buy in fully. Not like a 1 does, at least because the very nature of my motivation prevents full committment I'm just happy it's there.

    I am not convinced that your mother is 1.

    Taking the test doesn't trully prove anything and your mother may still be mistyped 6 form what you just wrote, especially if the difference between types was small. If she is indeed ISTJ then the odds are that she is 1 with 6 fix or 6 with 1 fix. (and that can be easy to missinterpret, especially if you are P person)

  9. #99
    Rainy Day Woman Array MDP2525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    I am not convinced that your mother is 1.

    Taking the test doesn't trully prove anything and your mother may still be mistyped 6 form what you just wrote, especially if the difference between types was small. If she is indeed ISTJ then the odds are that she is 1 with 6 fix or 6 with 1 fix. (and that can be easy to missinterpret, especially if you are P person)
    I respect your opinion but disagree. My mom is E1. I get you are talking about tritype.

    ----
    Can you add your experience with similarities or differences of 1's and 6's that you see?
    ~Live and learn from fools and from sages~




    Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

  10. #100
    Intentionally Clementine Array Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    6's and 1's (particularly sp 1's it seems) can sometimes be confused with one another, and it's something I considered in the past with myself. Ultimately one of the thing that helped delineate it was perfectionism. So for cp6's, what are your thoughts and relationship with perfectionism? I'm curious what it's like on that side.

    Hard, what causes e1s to react in anger? I mean, I know exactly what you are talking about but don't fully understand the mechanism. Like, for me it's perceived injustice...people being exploited, bullied, treated like trash. What exactly is it for the 1s?

    Perfectionism makes me uncomfortable because I don't feel it's possible and feel to strive for it is imperfect.
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] Ask an INTJ
    By logan235711 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 870
    Last Post: 05-22-2015, 05:04 AM
  2. Ask Me a Question
    By reason in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 01-30-2009, 12:47 PM
  3. [ISTJ] Ask the ISTJ
    By RansomedbyFire in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 10-18-2008, 02:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •