12311 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Default The difference between 4's

I'm curious if there are many resources or if anyone is knowledgeable enough to explain the differences between INFP 4's, ISFP 4's, ENFP 4's, INFJ 4's, and so forth with the different wings and also different instinctual stackings or tritypes.

Each is flavored differently, and I'm curious how other's can pick it all out.

My roommate for example, I'm so certain is an ISFP. But she's very different from me. She can almost seem 7-ish/ESFP-ish. But it's taken me a while to realize that she is actually an ISFP 9w?-4w3-6w7/7w6 (of some variation) with a strong SX. She even considers herself more extroverted, but ESFP just doesn't seem fitting for her. I knew another ISFP 9 SX, who considered herself more outgoing, too.

Would anyone be willing to make a comprehensive list or to show resources to such existing information?
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

I'd love to help you, but I don't have all the answers.

I can speak for myself, a 4w5 sx/soc ENxP triple reactive tritype, only (which I'll elaborate on if you are interested).

The closest I've come to finding an answer regarding tritypes has been from the Fauvres (who invented the concept). They have a tritype book which has a small blurb on each of the "flavors" of each enneatype. However, this is not extensive and I no longer have it in my possession.

Perhaps, we could work together to create something.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

@IndyAnnaJoan
    Do you have specific questions? I will answer them - I'm a 4w3 with 8 and 7 fixes. Sx/Sp. I'm still debating the wings on the fixes, but most likely 8w7 7w8. I have ALOT of id. I just took an enneagram test because I was told it was different than the other tests - and it was - but I still scored as an 8, as I usually do, with 4 just behind. I'm an ENFP. I am probably much more assertive & "positive-outlook" seeming than other 4s, though I'm apt to be just as 'desperate' but I keep that stuff to myself and my creative work. Over the span of my life I'm generally more angry than depressed. Depression and sadness can kick in way, way, way after a loss, and then stick around for months, over something that happened years ago. Anger can do the same but it can also be very immediate. I mistyped at 8 for a while and I relate to SX4 "more 8 than 8". The differentiation was difficult for me, and I studied enneagram deeply - Maitri, Naranjo, Palmer, Ichazo etc. and I did not think type 8 was 'cool' - in fact I much prefer the archetype of 4 and 2 and a few others. But this might give some insight into the person I am... angry, lusty, hungry, vampiric when I'm very disintegrated.

I wrote a long blurb about myself here, if this helps. The 'goods' are mostly in the spoiler.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post2151164
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

@IndyAnnaJoan @Sanjuro

http://personalitycafe.com/enneagram...criptions.html

^ This is a comprehensive list created by someone on another forum. You can also download the Fauvres' book on tritypes for their descriptions, though those are mostly the same as the ones listed here. If you want to create a list, I have a lot to say about this so I would love to jump in too I'm very busy writing my novel but I type faster than I think, and I've thought quite deeply about tritypes and collected a bunch of info, so I might be able to help out anyway.

To speak for myself, the 847/487/748 archetype listed in that description was spot-on for me. When I first read through them I was mistyped at 538, having known a lot less about enneagram. I read that description and said, "These descriptions are complete bogus - I am exactly like the 847 archetype and I'm a 538." Then when I read good enneagram sources & learned more, I became certain of my tritype one fix at a time, though I was still up in the air about my core (though I did mistype at 8, I still thought, "could I really be a 4?") ... anyhow. The tritype description was so accurate- down to the "Messenger" which matched my type-me thread perfectly, in which I said I feel I am a vessel through which creative work emerges, and it functions as a mirror; ideally, a mirror in which others see themselves rather than merely seeing "me." I do see myself as a messenger; always did. At one point I said "I want to be a symbol when I grow up." However, I would easily believe anyone who told me those descriptions did not apply and they were certain of their tritype; because the descriptions can be rather superficial, and have more to do with traits than motivations.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    I'd love to help you, but I don't have all the answers.

I can speak for myself, a 4w5 sx/soc ENxP triple reactive tritype, only (which I'll elaborate on if you are interested).

The closest I've come to finding an answer regarding tritypes has been from the Fauvres (who invented the concept). They have a tritype book which has a small blurb on each of the "flavors" of each enneatype. However, this is not extensive and I no longer have it in my possession.

Perhaps, we could work together to create something.
    I may start compiling something together when the semester is over and I have time to devote.
    @Animal, I don't have any specific questions. I just find it all fascinating and think each brand is certainly different. I'm always curious how other's can pull it all apart. Part of it is also trying to determine my own tritype and instincts, and how to recognize it.

Ah! I just read what you wrote, animal. If you have the data, start compiling. I'd be keen to read it! And I'm about to dive into those links you sent.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    If you have the data, start compiling. I'd be keen to read it!
    Okay.. I'm short on time, but I'll post thoughts in this thread as they come. Others can add to it too. Over time someone can organize it. I'll end up organizing it if nobody else does, because that's how I roll; I like neat lists.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

My thoughts at the moment:

For each enneagram core, descriptions tend to veer toward a certain archetype, but other tritypers can deviate from that archetype a lot. These are the tritypes I think are most archetypal (based on fairly superficial descriptions etc) for each. I don't agree with most of these visions of each type, but these are what many people commonly think of.

1s: 153 [efficient, calculating, knowledge-driven, allergic to emotions]
    2s: 297 [happy, giving, give to everyone, people pleasers]
    3s: 378 [outgoing, conquerers, always on top, egomaniacs]
    4s: 469 [shy, socially anxious, worried about not fitting in, quiet, lost in their thoughts & daydreams, insecure]
    5s: 594 [conflict-averse, social-phobic, stuck in their heads]
    phobic 6s: 694 [trying to please & mix in with others while secretly mistrusting them, easy going, unconfident]
    cp 6s: 683 [fearless, wild, fear-mongering, up-in-arms, very 'out there']
    7s: 729 [cheerful, agreeable, charming, bouncy, floaty, un-grounded]
    8s: 835 [cold, reserved, competent, always on top, detached]
    9s: 972 [easy-going, agreeable, giving]

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

In my experience with 4's that I know well irl over the years:

ENFP 487 4w3 SX: See above. Very out there, 'more me than me', symbol of myself, self-image of rockstar or tigress, very self-expressive but only in art, never let anyone control me, emotional displays are a private matter, the bulk of my emotions belong in my creative work and not in my relationships, lusty and carnal, angry but mostly process it creatively or at the gym, energetic, self-absorbed but generous, narcissistic, motivated, leadership skills, be respectful or you don't exist, no time for bullshit, long periods of isolation, always a loner or a leader, Sx-8ish

[note this is a description of myself, so someone else might see me differently]

ISTP 451 4w5 SP: Analytical, picky, socially incompetent but extremely charming and almost childlike in his lack of 'manipulation skills', idealist, either too blunt or too quiet at all times, perfectionistic as hell, extremely good at his chosen fields, talented as fuck, music spilled from the depths of his soul, nitpicky, knowledgeable, intellectual, serious intimacy issues, loyal to good friends, cried in public in his late 20s, seems like an autistic savant sometimes, a crying kid other times, and a hero other times, moody when drunk, blatantly self-destructive, bizarre points of view, very specific tastes, often 5ish

[MBTI uncertain] 469 4w3 SO: Seems sweet but stabs you with no remorse to get what she wants, wants your boyfriend but acts innocent, extremely creative, sweet personality, everyone felt bad for her and wanted to save her, very artistic and expressive through tattoos and art and creativity, very obviously self-deprecating, anorexic; but never made any demands, kind of a 'save-me' princess, always had a boyfriend, always had somethng quirky or interesting to say, seductive in that "helpless' sort of way, you can't be mad no matter what she does because she's so cute and helpless, soft, Sp-6ish

That's about all of my experience. Obviously the last one is not someone I hold in high esteem. I am not suggesting all 4s of this make-up have similar attitudes but I am only listing what I've observed closely. I know two other 4s but I can't be sure of their tritype.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

I'm 458 and have spent quite a bit of time compiling info on my tritype, and 468 because I didn't know which I was at first. I'd be glad to assist if you all do plan on compiling info, since I've kind been doing that anyway.

Here's some of what I have on mine, 458 - The Scholar

* The 458 is the true intellectual that has strong opinions about their feelings and thoughts, but less reactivity than 468.
    * The 458 is one of the tritypes that lives in their head researching and following their own muse.
    * Impenetrable inner world. They are complex individuals, but they are more characterized by the way they tend to push everyone away from them.
    * 458 is the most tough-minded, opinionated, knowledgeable, analytical and direct 4.
    * Craves knowing what makes people tick.
    * More openly emotional and expressive, intuitive thinkers and tend to be introverted.
    * They are intellectuals that take action when they feel strongly about something.
    * Others are always surprised when the 8 appears as this tritype appears quiet.
    * Will avoid being ignorant and speak up for what they believe in-- fear being inadequate, incompetent and powerless.
    * The 4-5-8 is the most direct and blunt of all the tritypes.
    * seeing your place as in the shadows is exactly how the 458 describes themselves.
    * The 485 is an intensely original archetype with a passion to explore and find the hidden meaning in all things.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't know where else to say this but reading through the tritypes and maybe i'm not 729. i don't feel like i care about conflict that much really. it really doesn't bother me like it sounds like they're saying it does. i do try to help others resolve their conflict but not because conflict bothers me.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison