User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Coz...well, I was taught that it was evil and manipulative. My strongest values are amongst others free will and free choice, so it was better to internalise that stuff onto myself than onto others and violate what i treasured. It took me ages to learn the proper parameters for what you could influence others on, and how it was appreciated vs how it was not, due to the fact that I was told that the behaviour in and of itself was just wrong. Working out how to properly use it...took its time.

These days, I have figured it out sort of, but I'm still hypervigilant about it, as I really don't want to overstep - and I still sometimes do, despite my efforts.

Granted, once I have permission to go all out, I do go *ALL* out
    Same here, I hate the idea of violating somebody else's free will. I think this is a Fi kind of realization and maybe something very 4, but I'm not sure this is related to instinctual stacking. I do know another ENFP 4, but So who holds similar values. I also know a couple 7s who are all for making things go their way in any way possible.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

@Sanjuro-very interesting. And thanks for the input. I've been trying to read through it all, but there's just so much. And I don't always feel as though instinct descriptions are concise.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Yeah okay, that makes more sense to me, especially because I'm sx/sp. I'd say I hurt myself more than I hurt others, but I also get really angry and take it out on others when I'm in pain, even if I don't mean to. Not cool. I think sp/sx fours are more stoic than me. My stoicism has a definite threshold and then I explode.

I do very much relate to what Naranjo says about sexual fours pushing so hard that they get rejected. That's happened to me many times. I can see how that would go along with what you call 'demanding' about them at a party.

I love what you say about self pres four. I relate a lot. I've definitely had the Van Gogh fantasies. It's kind of funny how pathetic it is, isn't it? The lengths we fours will go to.

'Becoming elite to reject others'... yeah, I don't relate to that at all.
    I'm personally not stoic. I've always been called temperamental from a young age. But there's something more contained, yes. I suspect the sp/so is most contained, perhaps seconded by the so/sp. @Southern Kross is notably less fiery than me. There have been a few lengthy threads where my more raw communication wasn't under much bubble wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    K, you people are making me wonder if I have a secret sp side now that Im so not aware of

I go out of my way to make sure I don't influence others. Granted, that as something I needed to work on and wasn't naturally, but Ive *always* turned on myself in favour of turning on others if I could help it.
    Yeah, but some of this is disintegration to 2 delusions where pride makes you think you've suffered in silence when you probably haven't. When I say "you", I mean "me".
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I'm personally not stoic. I've always been called temperamental from a young age. But there's something more contained, yes. I suspect the sp/so is most contained, perhaps seconded by the so/sp. @Southern Kross is notably less fiery than me. There have been a few lengthy threads where my more raw communication wasn't under much bubble wrap.

Yeah, but some of this is disintegration to 2 delusions where pride makes you think you've suffered in silence when you probably haven't. When I say "you", I mean "me".

Oh, no doubt, but that stuff feels iciy coz youre lying to yourself though. It is easily identified from the rest.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    That makes sense, and I agree the sp and so combos appear the most contained. Still, you seem more contained than me. Compared to a sx/so, though, I look very contained (I think). I think sx/sps can be especially confusing because of our pronounced on/off switch. I think a good portion of the time we can seem sp/sx to others, unless we're on. Then you see the dominant sexual instinct in all its over-the-top glory. Sx/sos strike me as more consistently on.

I am so/sp and I can be very passionate and temperamental, the only difference is, that my passion is usually not turn toward a person, but more toward idea, opinions, politics, social systems, changes...I can be very passionate in debate, but cold in relationship.

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    @Amargith, I wonder if it would be more accurate to say that the contra flow types employ more veils and mirrors and walls than the syn flow types, who are more likely to present themselves as is. In that way the syn flow type is more 'human' while in that way the contra type rejects their humanity.
    I can kind of relate to how you describe contra-flow types, at times. I can often come off as an Sp/Sx, although So-dynamics are usually at the forefront of my mind in some way or another. Even posting in this thread, I wonder whether or not it's 'appropriate' considering the majority of the people posting here are 4s.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    I am so/sp and I can be very passionate and temperamental, the only difference is, that my passion is usually not turn toward a person, but more toward idea, opinions, politics, social systems, changes...I can be very passionate in debate, but cold in relationship.
    I've noticed that, indeed. Sx is generally associated with fire and passion, but so doms and sp doms are just as fiery and passionate about their priorities in life.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I'd say Ennegram 4s are actually the easiest to categorize out of all the Ennegram types. They seem to all have a lot in common.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I'd say Ennegram 4s are actually the easiest to categorize out of all the Ennegram types. They seem to all have a lot in common.
    I'm always sure I give off a 5-vibe more than anything else, IRL. But I suppose you mean slightly deeper than just impressions from strangers.