MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    So you relate more to the syn-flow?
    Definitely. In fact, I feel *off* when I am in fact like what they describe sx-so to be like. Don't get me wrong, that does get triggered in me when I get jealous or protective of my mate, or my social credibility. In other words, when someone takes a hit out on me, especially when unjustified. Then I get that way. I don't like it one bit and I curb it instantly. But it comes in handy, just like the other 'images' I shift to have their purpose.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Definitely. In fact, I feel *off* when I am in fact like what they describe sx-so to be like. Don't get me wrong, that does get triggered in me when I get jealous or protective of my mate, or my social credibility. In other words, when someone takes a hit out on me, especially when unjustified. Then I get that way. I don't like it one bit and I curb it instantly. But it comes in handy, just like the other 'images' I shift to have their purpose.
    Huh. What you say sounds so foreign to me. I'm trying to wrap my head around it. Would you say your social instinct operates as a tool or a method of defense/protection that you can manipulate at will? Excuse me if I'm being overly interrogating, but having such command of the social instinct fascinates me. I really don't get it beyond saying please and thank you.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Huh. What you say sounds so foreign to me. I'm trying to wrap my head around it. Would you say your social instinct operates as a tool or a method of defense/protection that you can manipulate at will? Excuse me if I'm being overly interrogating, but having such command of the social instinct fascinates me. I really don't get it beyond saying please and thank you.
    I have no problems with you asking, as long as people don't feel it derails the convo

I was actually just thinking, while pouring over that list again, that to *me* sx-sp and sx-so should be reversed wrt what follows them. I experience sx-sp as a lot more challenging, rough and space-craving than I am. I like this about them, it allows one room to breathe, but I'm a lot more inclusive I feel, than they are.

I don't feel like I really have command over the so-realm. It's just...background noise. It took me a while to figure it out, partly coz I was too obsessed by sx-priorities, so I was pretty much winging it. Till at some point, its like that fly that buzzes at your head for too long and you decide to kill that sucker and rid yourself of the irritation

So yeah, in that respect, it is a tool to get rid of debris thats in my way. I have zero interest in social stature, networking is exhausting to me, and social climbing just feels vile to me, at least when deliberately pursued, instead of used as a means to a higher end. But. It gets in your fucking way. I spent most of my childhood as an outcast, as the weird one, and the bullied one. So I know first hand what power the social realm holds. And I despised it, for obvious reasons.

But once I got a handle on it, I also discovered its perks. The benefits you reap when the system is properly utilised. Networking becomes easy, not because you make it a chore on your list, but because you connect with people and they genuinely got something out of that interaction, as did you. Harmony in large groups promotes individual happiness as long as it does not stifle freedom of speech, allowing for the right balance of honesty to keep the goals of the group on check, and the maximum of cooperation to benefit everyone involved, and so on and so forth. And having social skills allows me to serve my sx-needs. It allows me to gauge who will be an opportune candidate to bond with, and informs me how to approach them best on their own turf, to facilitate the connection. It also informs my understanding of how individuals act when they are with me and why they seem to change into another person when in a group. And so on.

In short, it has its merits
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

brainheart

@Amargith, I wonder if it would be more accurate to say that the contra flow types employ more veils and mirrors and walls than the syn flow types, who are more likely to present themselves as is. In that way the syn flow type is more 'human' while in that way the contra type rejects their humanity.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

@Amargith, I wonder if it would be more accurate to say that the contra flow types employ more veils and mirrors and walls than the syn flow types, who are more likely to present themselves as is. In that way the syn flow type is more 'human' while in that way the contra type rejects their humanity.
    ..if so, I aint sx-so.

I learned to add the veils and smoke and mirrors as a way to deflect pain and ease the discomfort my direct presence seemed to cause others. Or, to enhance certain effects and emotions when it was desired. They are tools, not a natural state, to me.

I have rejected my humanity though, on more than one occasion. But that I attribute more to my 4 than to my sx-so, tbh

Otoh, it would be interesting to see if *others* experienced me in the way that system claims sx-so to be.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

brainheart

..if so, I aint sx-so.

I learned to add the veils and smoke and mirrors as a way to deflect pain and ease the discomfort my direct presence seemed to cause others. Or, to enhance certain effects and emotions when it was desired. They are tools, not a natural state, to me.

I have rejected my humanity though, on more than one occasion. But that I attribute more to my 4 than to my sx-so, tbh

Otoh, it would be interesting to see if *others* experienced me in the way that system claims sx-so to be.
    I didn't mean necessarily that it was a natural state so much as a tool, like you said. I don't feel like I can put myself out there unless I'm being 100% me. I might get burned, I might make no money, but it's the only thing I know how to do. I don't know, maybe I'm just making leaps based on nothing here, but the syn flow types all strike me as kind of awkward while the contra flow types seem a little more polished.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I see inferior J versus inferior P in mine and OA's discourses, too. Ji versus Je impresses as a conflict over truth, a value vs. opposition relationship that gives one a more fiery center. In contrast, Pi versus its Pe inferior is a fight over space: life vs. void.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I didn't mean necessarily that it was a natural state so much as a tool, like you said. I don't feel like I can put myself out there unless I'm being 100% me. I might get burned, I might make no money, but it's the only thing I know how to do. I don't know, maybe I'm just making leaps based on nothing here, but the syn flow types all strike me as kind of awkward while the contra flow types seem a little more polished.
    Maybe its coz sp makes you more able to extract yourself from the social forum where doing that non-stop gets you whacked on the nose non-stop as it requires more of a focus on yourself and your goal than on others?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Maybe its coz sp makes you more able to extract yourself from the social forum where doing that non-stop gets you whacked on the nose non-stop as it requires more of a focus on yourself and your goal than on others?
    I'm SP/SX, this is it. My Sx augments the awkwardness with extra intensity. Of course, having SO last, I lived a lot of my life without fully realizing my awkwardness, and then after it came to my attention I feel just a bit prideful about it.