User Tag List

First 412131415 Last

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    Look, I'm not here to play games with you. I know nothing about you and that's why I was curious.
    Why would anyone be sure of something like a type? Because they relate to the descriptions. I didn't even need to post this.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    Why would anyone be sure of something like a type? Because they relate to the descriptions. I didn't even need to post this.
    Now it's my turn:

More goes into than that.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Now it's my turn:

More goes into than that.
    First, if this back and forth is upsetting you, feel free to not reply to me anymore. I'm just doing this for fun.

What more goes into it?

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

What more goes into it?
    Well since you ask, it's really more about core motivations.

I find it a bit odd you're reading "upset" into my replies, however. I figured, if anything, you were somewhat upset.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Well since you ask, it's really more about core motivations.
    Which are part of the descriptions?

I find it a bit odd you're reading "upset" into my replies, however. I figured, if anything, you were somewhat upset.
    Lul.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

Which are part of the descriptions?
    Partly, of course--but I can identify with things from 7 and 1 when clearly I'm not being motivated that way. Likewise, there's plenty of 4 stuff I don't see happening in my life, yet I know I've built my existence around finding meaning and envy of those who seem to have more of it than I do.

I don't much identify with type 6, yet I am certain it's my head-fix. All I'm saying is, it's just not always obvious--not necessarily in your case, but generally speaking.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    ^ I'm a 1-fixed 4 also. And a 451. But I think having sx higher in my stack & having an so blindspot makes me a bit more fiery.

No one has ever called me "gentle" before and I'm no basket-case. I can appear to "have it all together" to people, kind of irritatingly perfect like a 1, which can lead to people zeroing in on where I do fall short (ie. running late, not having a friendly demeanor, general moodiness, etc). Some of this sounds like the sp-dom 4 too though.
    Interesting.

My 1-like appearance of perfection is more in knowledge, ideology and discernment - are you like this too? That is a way of "having it together" I suppose (eg. knowing what's 'right', the best way to approach things, or where things are going), but for me it doesn't translate to the appearance of practical competency in life (not that I come across as a screw up or anything). I guess a Sp 4 will convey a stronger sense of self-possession, perhaps?
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

@Sanjuro Very interesting list...
    @OrangeAppled I find it very interesting to see how you work as such. You're so...different from me, yet you're one of the most internally consistent people I've seen and your summation here of how you work is pretty damned eye-opening and wel...'duh'-inducing.

In the interest of adding to the list:

Im 9-fixed, I'd say, Ne-dom, 497 (479) and sx-dom, but a w5.

One thing I've noticed is that....being an Ne-dom, sx-dom and a 4 is *NOT* a good combination, especially with a 9 fix. You're so hyper focused on others, that you do lose yourself in them, especially with the 9 tendency of flexing for others. Although I do lose myself in others, I also find that the need for perfection driven by the need for understanding of others swings me back to my Fi . At the same time, I tire out really easily with others. I tend to be a sprinter - intense, in bursts and god do i need down time afterwards, in an attempt to regain myself while cocooning, and processing what I've experienced, integrating it into the knowledge I'm gathering and the system I'm building. In fact, my Ne and my Fi test equally strong on tests. I feel like I live between two worlds, with a foot in each one. and when I step both into one world, I lose my balance. Lastly, my w5 makes me hesitant in navigating the outside world and prefer to bury myself in a good lab experiment, involving people, of course, or in books and theories. Which in turn leaves me...feeling disconnected and alone again, only to venture out again and repeat the cycle...

I guess my ideal habitat is one on one in depth exploration with another person who is equally interested in going deep. Sadly, that kind of thing doesn't happen *that* often in society.

In typical 4 style: it's damning to both be drawn to people like a moth and scared shitless of them. To have them be your lifeblood and your curse at the same time. And to never know where you end and they begin.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

@Amargith: Your last paragraph doesn't seem fourish to me. I would think that the influence of others would be background noise (especially for a five winger) and it would not be enough for you to confuse their wants with your own. The boundaries between the self and the other should be more or less clear in the sand (and this is coming from someone who probably has a 9 fix (if not a 1 fix) in there somewhere.) But perhaps I am coming to the wrong conclusion.

brainheart

@Sanjuro,

something I've noticed, tritype-wise:

451: way of thinking seems rock-solid, like nothing anyone else could say would change it. Come off as consistent. Hide reactivity behind competency. Often perceived as the sage.

461: Their artistic expression is the most abrasive and open of the one-fixed fours. Less likely to hide their reactivity, but it can come off as overly critical at times, and frequently negative. With this, however, comes the courage to be entirely honest in expressing how they feel.

471: More scattered but hard on themselves for being scattered. Tend to make art a little more playful because they aren't comfortable with completely showing their darkness, don't want to be too much of a downer. Like the novelty of innovation, want to think of a new way of expressing themselves. But they aren't into magical thinking like the 479, the one fix gives them sharp edges and a pragmatism.

I think all one-fixed fours can come off as a little elitist and snobby to others, even if they don't mean to be at all. The 'otherness' of four coupled with the tendency to lecture sets them apart. All are focused on improving in one way or another.