User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

@Sanjuro, what are your favorite sources for tritype in particular, as you're one of the people most interested in it around here?

While I'm too busy right now to do so, I intend to put something together about 469/649/964 in particular. I know your tritype examples in particular were individuals that do not represent the whole of a type's potential, but I was reminded of how in the general world of tritype descriptions and popular forums, information about the healthy potential of this combo is hard to find because not just one but all three individual types in it are among the enneagram's most underestimated.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    459--I've never met a 4 of this tritype (with the possible exception of my boss), but I associate the tritype in general with an aura of peace and melancholy and acceptance. I find their presence to be most comforting, radiating a quiet benevolence.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I'm most likely a 459. I have had it said to me that I seem friendly, calm, put together, etc. Sometimes I get the feeling that I impress and sometimes intimidate people with how purposeful I seem. That always takes me a-back, because none of that is how I feel. What people see is me attempting to impose something in my ever unruly innerworld, and that little mess is what I identify with.
    A triple withdrawn extrovert? O.o

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Interesting thoughts, @Sanjuro. I don't disagree with how it relates to me personally. I can't say I know a lot of 4s IRL to say about the rest but it doesn't seem way off.

I would say, under your theory, I would be a 1-fixed 4. I was disappointed that you excluded the 451 tritype (which is what I would be). But then I don't know how common it is...
    I've never met a 451, and haven't really worked with any enough to comment, sorry. I'm basically only speaking from my own personal experience on this one!

Maybe you could put up a few key points on the way you are?? I'd be interested to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    @Sanjuro, what are your favorite sources for tritype in particular, as you're one of the people most interested in it around here?

While I'm too busy right now to do so, I intend to put something together about 469/649/964 in particular. I know your tritype examples in particular were individuals that do not represent the whole of a type's potential, but I was reminded of how in the general world of tritype descriptions and popular forums, information about the healthy potential of this combo is hard to find because not just one but all three individual types in it are among the enneagram's most underestimated.
    That's a very fair point--and I'd love to hear more about the experiences of 469s. Best of luck in your compilations!!!

In terms of tritype knowledge, I've basically drawn my information from how I see it functioning in my life in general--I find the theory to be a very satisfactory explanation for my own typing difficulties, as I do lots of things that 4s technically "shouldn't" do.

That, plus the information I've drawn from a few others via Skype, as well as people's thoughts about it on various message forums. I've spent a lot of time just searching around to resolve discrepencies in my understanding.

The most comprehensive thing I've seen is the Fauvres' booklet on the type, but unfortunately, it says basically the same things as you can find on PerC, and it costs $40. And, my computer was stolen so I am no longer in possession of it so I cannot offer to let anyone borrow a copy.

It's one of those instances where you have to do your own research and build your own understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    Have you ever considered being another tritype?

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Have you ever considered being another tritype?
    I haven't.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

I haven't.
    Why not?

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Why not?
    I'm not unsure at all about my tri-type, that's why.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

I'm not unsure at all about my tri-type, that's why.
    I guess I mean, I'm curious to know what's made you sure of it?

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I guess I mean, I'm curious to know what's made you sure of it?
    Why do you think?

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

Why do you think?
    Look, I'm not here to play games with you. I know nothing about you and that's why I was curious.