First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    4's inflate themselves so they can feel special, and its actually healthy for them if you call them out on their shit and find ways to show them how incredible they are for being normal.

In my experience:

INFJ 4 = "Look at how beautiful and Powerful I am!"
    ENFJ 4 = "look at how smart and prestigious I am!"
    INFP 4 = "Look at how pathetic I am"
    ISFP 4 = "My hometown is shittier than your hometown!"
    ENFP 4 = "su su summertime, summertime sadness"
    ISTP 4 = "Look how hardcore and badass I am!"
    ESFJ 4 = Idunno... rihanna?
    I don't think all four's do this. At least not in the more healthy levels.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Wait didn't I post this? I don't know what happened. I've got incense burning my eyes.
    Maybe you're a 728 then! I have a neighbor in the same position--I thought she was a sp6 or 7 with a 2-fix, and I assumed a 9-fix, till I realized she basically doesn't give a crap about The Peace. If anything, she's tough, pragmatic, and inclined to throw surprising amounts of indignity around. She's super-nice, though. The last fix can be hard to see.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    @Sanjuro-very interesting. And thanks for the input. I've been trying to read through it all, but there's just so much. And I don't always feel as though instinct descriptions are concise.
    I thought some stuff out this weekend. I don't have it in front of me, but I'll try to put up my ideas shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    That makes sense, and I agree the sp and so combos appear the most contained. Still, you seem more contained than me. Compared to a sx/so, though, I look very contained (I think). I think sx/sps can be especially confusing because of our pronounced on/off switch. I think a good portion of the time we can seem sp/sx to others, unless we're on. Then you see the dominant sexual instinct in all its over-the-top glory. Sx/sos strike me as more consistently on.
    It's interesting, because I'm pretty sure I'm sx/soc but I'd never describe myself as "on". I think I'm very contained most of the time (I'm talking in the general public)--I'm still a 4w5, and I still have an ability to disappear and go unnoticed. I occasionally counteract this with a "LOOK AT ME" flamboyancy streak, but sadly, my overall life is a tale of obscurity.

Can elaborate, but I'm trying not to hijack too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Ne bounciness was the reason for 7. I also have a fascination with mediation which looks like peace keeping=9

These two are in my tritype as well.

As i was figuring myself out over the years, i tried not to get in other peoples way by being overaccomodating. Iow i spent a lot of time in my 2 while chronically stressed. And true to 4form, i was ashamed of who i was and how it affected others, so i locked it all away.

Im Enfp like SS, where most 4s are introverted, hence the off vibe
    I think my sister is the same tritype as you, and I didn't know she was a 4 either--I thought 9 or 2. Something about that tritype keeps the 4ness inside. She's an INFP, so even more internal than you.

I'm an Ne-dom, though, and I get plenty of stuff about how I seem "seveny", at least online. I don't think 7 is even my head-fix, though. I appear introverted to most IRL.

Yes, that's sort of a misinterpretation of the type. I'll put up my categories shortly!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    Maybe you're a 728 then! I have a neighbor in the same position--I thought she was a sp6 or 7 with a 2-fix, and I assumed a 9-fix, till I realized she basically doesn't give a crap about The Peace. If anything, she's tough, pragmatic, and inclined to throw surprising amounts of indignity around. She's super-nice, though. The last fix can be hard to see.

I thought some stuff out this weekend. I don't have it in front of me, but I'll try to put up my ideas shortly.

It's interesting, because I'm pretty sure I'm sx/soc but I'd never describe myself as "on". I think I'm very contained most of the time (I'm talking in the general public)--I'm still a 4w5, and I still have an ability to disappear and go unnoticed. I occasionally counteract this with a "LOOK AT ME" flamboyancy streak, but sadly, my overall life is a tale of obscurity.

Can elaborate, but I'm trying not to hijack too much.

I think my sister is the same tritype as you, and I didn't know she was a 4 either--I thought 9 or 2. Something about that tritype keeps the 4ness inside. She's an INFP, so even more internal than you.

I'm an Ne-dom, though, and I get plenty of stuff about how I seem "seveny", at least online. I don't think 7 is even my head-fix, though. I appear introverted to most IRL.

Yes, that's sort of a misinterpretation of the type. I'll put up my categories shortly!!
    yeah...kind of a trip to sort of realize this.

but i never did relate much to nine...except for my generic idea about them being mellow. i relate about as much as i relate to six being my wing i guess...which is only that it sort of adds this anxious self doubt manic type thing but...only in a slightly jokey way that's just there and i'm not quite sure i believe or it just comes up to be questioned.

i hope the enfp speak is going to work for ya there because i'm just not in the mood to try harder. :/ eek haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

yeah...kind of a trip to sort of realize this.

but i never did relate much to nine...except for my generic idea about them being mellow. i relate about as much as i relate to six being my wing i guess...which is only that it sort of adds this anxious self doubt manic type thing but...only in a slightly jokey way that's just there and i'm not quite sure i believe or it just comes up to be questioned.

i hope the enfp speak is going to work for ya there because i'm just not in the mood to try harder. :/ eek haha
    I felt that way about my 6-fix, but it makes total sense now that I understand it.

Why'd you think 9 to begin with?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I felt that way about my 6-fix, but it makes total sense now that I understand it.

Why'd you think 9 to begin with?
    i think i took a tritype test that said that.

but i also always type as 7w8 but think 7w6 fits better.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

i think i took a tritype test that said that.

but i also always type as 7w8 but think 7w6 fits better.
    Tests are lame. Glad it all makes sense now!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Tests are lame. Glad it all makes sense now!!
    yeah i think it might! and...i always think it's important to check it against how someone close to you thinks and my bf thinks i'v got 8 in there. he said that description of 728 fits way better. i'm kinda all about freedom to do my own thing.

thanks for your help!
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

yeah i think it might! and...i always think it's important to check it against how someone close to you thinks and my bf thinks i'v got 8 in there. he said that description of 728 fits way better. i'm kinda all about freedom to do my own thing.

thanks for your help!
    welcome!!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Probably true. I have absolutely no idea what a healthy 4 looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Probably true. I have absolutely no idea what a healthy 4 looks like.
    I don't think they actually exist.