User Tag List

First 45678 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Moved some off-topic posts to the usual spot. This isn't really the place for discussing the validity of Christianity.
    -end of thread-

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I might be....Not sure if I'm a 4 or a 9.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Enneagram
    9w8

I'm not a 4, that I know of; I might have a "wing 4" [if my other wing is a 3, can I fly?] but I do believe that Jesus is who and what he said he is.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    is that you in your avatar? she looks like many of the 4's I bump into. 9's have a kind of vacuuous look in their eyes, haha.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

The reason I asked this, is because most of the 4's I encounter have seemingly ditched christianity as a rebellious move. They give god the finger so they can delve into despair. I've seen it so many times. It makes me feel like these E4 ex-christians would actually return to christianity, they just need a push.

Then again I haven't hung out in church fellowship long enough to notice otherwise.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

What if I was never a Christian to begin with so there's no rebellion involved?

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    What if I was never a Christian to begin with so there's no rebellion involved?
    Well then you're good to go! Go you!
    edit: I feel like I disregarded the nature of this post, I appologize. I just got really passionate and kind of vomited a super happy response.

But really, some of the most full of depth and curious Christians I've met have been fellow 4's. There's this desire to dig way deeper into the connection between man and God that I think a 4 could be curious about. For myself, it's lead me to find understanding in who I am and it allows me to consistantly search deeper and deeper into myself, others and God. I think many people just view it as a shallow rule following group of people, and I think that's what it can be when it's not used in the way it was intended. Christianity is suppose to be relational and not institutional, that's kind of why we believe Jesus died on the cross, to cover our sins so that that relationship can be open between God and humanity.
    For myself, that is extremly huge!
    I was kind of half and half with being raised with the belief. My father is a straight up Athiest man and my mother is a Christian (don't ask how that was growing up, yeesh). I remember going to church and hating Christians. I hated them because these so called "Christians" were the ones who caused me more pain than anyone else. I'd get forced to go to church and I'd get picked on or ignored by the other "Christian" students because I wasn't outgoing enough, I wasn't cool enough and I sure as heck didn't buy into the same harsh judgments they did. It hurt a lot. I wanted nothing to do with them. And this was a consistant issue too; I moved 13 times and have gone to 23 different churches in my life and it has all been the same crap. There were only two churches in all the churches I went to that brought me in and took a sincere interest in me. I fully understand why people hate Christians. All I can say is that it's a good thing I was way more interested in a relationship with God and not with some of his rude followers AND I'm also glad that some of his "followers" do not make up who God actually is. It's difficult sometimes, but to truly find the heart of who God is, is very important in this relationship. Not everyone is interested in commiting themselves to that, even within the Christian circle. There's a huge difference in just believing and actually following after Christ. It's hard, but that is why it's worth it for me in the end. It makes me believe that God isn't some shallow being, but that he wants ME and he wants me to want HIM despite myself. There is nothing that I can do that will turn his face from me. Nothing. And that is why I choose to trust him, because when everyone else was pushing me down and degrading me, he's been the only one lifting me up and making me see who I really am and what I'm worth. There is so much more to it than meets the eye.

Ok, I'm done now.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    The reason I asked this, is because most of the 4's I encounter have seemingly ditched christianity as a rebellious move. They give god the finger so they can delve into despair. I've seen it so many times. It makes me feel like these E4 ex-christians would actually return to christianity, they just need a push.

Then again I haven't hung out in church fellowship long enough to notice otherwise.
    I would never buck the system just to buck the system. I walked away from God when I was 18 because I was just so full of pain and bitterness at the world and bought into temporary fulfillment in other things. I think it was also a little because I felt abandoned, I didn't realize God was just growing me (painful as it was). I returned to my faith at 20 because of the unsatisfying train wreck that those two years of cheap and temporary thrills were. I didn't leave my faith as a rebellion against authority (that sounds way more e6 to me), I left because I was genuinely disillusioned and needed to experience that the alternative was like "chasing the wind" as Soloman puts it.

Whatever 4's you are encountering (if they are 4's, still sounds 6-ish to me) no amount of push will change their perspective. We need to crash, burn and see the truth ourselves-- that's where the redemption theme of 4 comes in. IMHO anyway.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I was raised Catholic, but I always felt uncomfortable with the fact that I was "baptized" against my will. I never blindly believed in God. I would seriously try to, though. I prayed, and tried to communicate with "God", and never got a reply, obviously. I never saw ANY reason to believe in him or the stories from the Bible.

My rejection of the religion was finalized when I refused to have my first communion. Since then I've pretty much just been agnostic, while dabbling in other things.

I still like the ideals that Jesus taught though, compassion and such. I just don't like "Christians".

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Wow, I can't even imagine that mistype but I suppose I'm on the more volatile end of 4. Have you read the 4/9 misidentification article at the Enneagram Institute site? It may be helpful to you, but I think you have to register (it's free) to read the whole thing. If you'd rather not, I'd be glad to PM the text to you.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨