User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by iNtrovert View Post
    why not?
    well being some part of system, negates the individuality. I can imagine some very mature 4s being a part of a religious system, because this can be a great way, how they can finally feel the unity with themselves through some spiritual way, but in gerenal 4s are individualistic people, that needs to feel uniqe. Being apart of some big community, or system is not very natural for
    4s.

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Maybe it would depend on what type of environment the 4 was immersed in. Anti-religious culture is more like the norm in religiously liberal states. Among people of my age and demographic to be religious feels taboo for me 80% of the time. Perhaps more religious 4's would be found in prevailing/trending secular societies?
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

I'm a Christian 2! I live with a Christian 4.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

I don't believe anything; I don't exactly disbelieve anything, either. I'm unaffiliated.

I used to hang out at the Catholic church during college though. There was free food, and a brilliant sense of community and camaraderie (from which I generally feel excluded). Plus, it was one of those inferior Si things--OMG it's a historical institution!! OMG all my heritage on my father's side is Catholic!! Must inhale the splendor of the ages.

But I doubt I could have ever become a hardcore Catholic.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    So a 4 being some part of religious system ...interesting idea, but I don't think it will work...Not for satanism and not for christianity
    The reason it won't "work" is that the 4's hangups fail for the same reasons every time, regardless of religious affiliation or lack thereof. It is fairly easy for a type 4 to identify with Christianity: there is always a unique spin, the effort to discover oneself, but it works more or less the same way all fours "work".
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I much prefer the mystical Hermeticists over the faithful Christians, as they offer the real introspective auras of wisdom and adventure!

http://www.pymander.com/AETHEREAL/ARCANE~1.htm

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFj

I have known plenty, and was in a relationship with one who is also an INFP, for three years. From what I see in them, they have no difficulties reconciling their identity and uniqueness with having that affiliation; there is no conflict there for them at all. I think the idea that 4s are by default going to avoid ANY group affiliation like the plague in order to preserve their identity to be taking it a bit too far. Maybe extremely unhealthy misanthropic ones would. But outside of cases like that, I cannot agree with such a sentiment. There are enough different groups out there for nearly anyone to find a comfortable place in without having to sacrifice anything about who you are.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    well being some part of system, negates the individuality. I can imagine some very mature 4s being a part of a religious system, because this can be a great way, how they can finally feel the unity with themselves through some spiritual way, but in gerenal 4s are individualistic people, that needs to feel uniqe. Being apart of some big community, or system is not very natural for
    4s.
    Christianity (or whatever religion) is a philosophy and ideology, not an institution. The Church is the institution of the religion. The institution is what would negate the individuality, not the religion itself.

And even if it did, membership in a religious institution is a voluntary act, made through an individual choice. There's no point along the road where membership in a church is a negation of individuality.

I'm a Christian 4. I don't really belong to a church right now, but that isn't related to my personality nor my ideology.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by tkae. View Post
    And even if it did, membership in a religious institution is a voluntary act, made through an individual choice. There's no point along the road where membership in a church is a negation of individuality.
    I would stroke my beard long and hard at this assertion.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    I would stroke my beard long and hard at this assertion.
    Unless you live in a theocracy or during the Inquisition, it's a choice what you believe and who you seek out to associate with.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist