User Tag List

First 12

@Sanjuro - The guy is a 4w3. He says so at the beginning of his e3 video. Btw did he remind anyone else of Dr. Brian Cox?

I thought the video was all right but I didn't finish it and I'm not sure that I should bother. A lot of the acting seemed a little superfluous, he could have sit still and explained without risking alienation. I suspect though that its an important area to him and part of the whole "acting" is the expression of something he really cares about/really enthusiastic about.

In regards to the above - I don't mind feeling calm (usually anyway. It can cause problems if I need to enthuse pure emotion into a creative outlet). I find you can still feel the emotion that exists in a state of calm and can still reflect, fantasise and dream whilst in this state (without the risk of intrustive thought). It is especially helpful if it involves a character of mine reflecting upon their situation or their world - especially if the place in question is a place with a great city which has now fallen silent e.g. the ruins of an ancient city.

The void aka when you feel "nothing" is the part I dislike. That point where you feel little and cannot dream or reflect. It's some food for thought if such a state is actually the embodiment of the meditative calm found in Eastern spirituality.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Got halfway through. He vibes as a good guy, but I just can't.

Content-wise, he hits the main points but with a total lack of the questioning of his own affect that is central to my own experience of the type. This is what embarrasses me about his portrayal and quashes my suspension of disbelief. I've had some pretty desolate moments, but the metacognition never is swept away by the emotion (they can even play off each other). Consciousness itself is the act of questioning my own stories. People who don't do it appear 2D.

I also do not relate to longing for the joyful origin. The origin isn't defined by a particular feeling or intensity of feeling for me. What I'm after is understanding of myself, no matter what the tone. If the truth is joyful, so it is. If the truth is darker, I want it as much. If the truth is tepid, bring it. As long as the pieces all fit together, I'm ready for the experience of recieving it.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post

I also do not relate to longing for the joyful origin. The origin isn't defined by a particular feeling or intensity of feeling for me. What I'm after is understanding of myself, no matter what the tone. If the truth is joyful, so it is. If the truth is darker, I want it as much. If the truth is tepid, bring it. As long as the pieces all fit together, I'm ready for the experience of recieving it.
    This is how I view it as well. The desire to just understand myself and then the things around me is what gets me going. Why have happiness if it's based off lies?
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

He seems to be describing moving through integration levels 4-9 as described by Riso/Hudson. He doesn't even begin to approach levels 1-3, where level 1 is realizing that trying to figure out "who you really are" is leading to creating false images of oneself to live up (or down) to. The reason why creative activity helps 4s connect to themselves is that when they do so, then for just a moment, they aren't trying to "discover" themselves, they are being themselves. The irony for 4s is that they refuse to be limited by being labeled, but spend most of their lives trying to effectively label themselves (but on their own terms, not others' terms!). 4s are classified as withdrawn precisely because of this high degree of introspection.

The "way out" is not finding that right emotion, as this guy says, or even discovering yourself, as others have suggested. The "way out" is by being yourself and watching what happens from there! Introspection is still OK, but just as it is true that the unexamined life is not worth living, it is also true that the unlived life is not worth examining.

(FWIW, this is the "way out" for all Enneagram types. The difference is that each type finds itself in a different hole to climb out of.)
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    PS--yes, I've been told I'm bipolar by my family. I disagree--this is just my emotional flow, and I've never seen the problem with it.
    Interesting, I was pre-emptively diagnosed as a possible Bipolar 2 by two different psychiatrists who changed their mind later, realizing I'm not bipolar at all, but they had considered it a possibility based on intense mood swings and changes in vitality and energy that can last for long periods.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

I watched the video. Mixed feelings but nothing that hasn't been said here.

I don't see myself as a victim. I was laughing my ass off at the part where he talked about "I love you so much" "Now I hate you" ... this is relatable, though I don't usually express either sentiment to the lover directly. As for returning to the feeling of joy... I definitely have those moments of connectedness but it's not what I'm chasing either. My creative work is a mirror in which I see myself, and ideally, I want others to see themselves in it, rather than seeing "me." This, to me, is connectedness. And I am never fulfilled because there's always more creative work to do, more projects or old projects to finish. The day I am content with my work is the day I'll lay down on my death bed like Yoda and peacefully fade away. The drive to express myself is what I live for and I don't see much else to make me feel like I'm living rather than surviving, aside from physical indulgences.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    Interesting, I was pre-emptively diagnosed as a possible Bipolar 2 by two different psychiatrists who changed their mind later, realizing I'm not bipolar at all, but they had considered it a possibility based on intense mood swings and changes in vitality and energy that can last for long periods.
    Same. I lie around doing nothing for days on end, or I'm totally high energy and can't come to a stop. My moods are volatile and shift like every 15 seconds. For some reason, this alarms people.

It's got more to do with inertia and, I think, Ne, rather than an inherent problem. I'm not tormented by this, anyway...it's just the nature of the beast.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    Same. I lie around doing nothing for days on end, or I'm totally high energy and can't come to a stop. My moods are volatile and shift like every 15 seconds. For some reason, this alarms people.

It's got more to do with inertia and, I think, Ne, rather than an inherent problem. I'm not tormented by this, anyway...it's just the nature of the beast.
    Same! I actually enjoy the shifts.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Ok, you won't believe this, but guess what. I've been diagnosed Bipolar.