• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] Why is there so much bullshit out there about enneagram 8's? (Rant)

Numbly Aware

I wanna fcken feel right
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I realize my mom is an 8w7 & my older sister is an 8w9.

Why do I feel like they're always attacking me? I rlly am cursed. :dry:

:p jkjk I realize though they may seem aggressive, they're actually weak... and desire to be treated with gentleness. Though they still fuvk me up. They're also ExxJs *crying*

GavinElster

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess it's been covered, but there's some kind of unfortunate, crazy idea that 5, 4, 8 are "rare" and thus people mistype as them. I actually don't even get it. I wouldn't want to be an E8, it makes no sense to me. E5 makes some sense, E4 starts getting again outside my ability to relate, even if I can explain it intellectually. It may be that at least 4s and 5s are less common (I'm not really sure 8s are rare, maybe? I don't get why they'd be rarer than CP 6s, which sounds like a pretty counter-intuitive type compared to 8 -- I personally identify more on the phobic end), but seriously, rare =/= what I'd want to be. Honestly I'd rather get what I want from within my type's prism, whether that be 6 or 7, than be a rare type that seems more foreign to me.

I've encountered real 4s and honestly been like wow, interesting, that's foreign.

The real reason a lot of people type as 5-ish or 4-ish is simply that the more trait-theoretic presentations of enneagram present these types as some of the most N-ish, introspective, cerebral types. Plenty of people who join these personality forums have some tendencies in that direction, and thus it's natural that these types get over-saturated, since these trait-theoretic presentations dominate the tests (since that's how a test can even be constructed generally).

Norqs

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A real 8 wouldn't give a shit about any of this ^^.

Yeah, gotta agree here. Why on earth would you give a shit? Must say wouldn't have thought an 8 would give a flying fuck what others thought.... I know I don't! 😆

Jaguar

Yeah, gotta agree here. Why on earth would you give a shit? Must say wouldn't have thought an 8 would give a flying fuck what others thought.... I know I don't! 😆

He was a fake 8. And a whiny fucker.