User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    idunno.

you might not agree with me on socionics, but it says that the base function (equivalent to mbti dominant function) is so confident, that we do it without realizing it, and we are not afraid to use it negatively, in order to attain positive results. (socionics labels this as Se- or Se+) So, this is why I'm able to tell someone, "you need to quit being such a fucking pussy, get off your ass and do something about it" and then suddenly they actually get up and do it.

my enfj friend is scared of telling me his objective Fe observations of me because he's scared i'll take offense. so instead of telling me, he just manipulates me into matching his expectations without my permission. we ran into some difficulty with this and talked about it. He also doesn't like it when I shout at him, and tells me he is perfectly capable of motivating himself into action, I just need to present my observations of his deficiencies plainly.
    and the ne types just mind fuck you? we hold up our twenty mirrors with various reflections until you can no longer think straight or remember what you were looking for? ha just kidding no really tho i don't guess i see what your theory is or how people actually intend to use them on others in an overbearing way...to learn something. i think we just act naturally....
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    would be cool to meet another Se 8 on here. Gets lonely being the only person who likes to talk about explosions and fire all the time, haha.

8's are self forgetting. so are 9's. so are 1's. They respond differently. 8's respond by overcompensating and becoming loud and obnoxious. 9's sorta fade to zero, and 1's organize the environment and go ocd or something. Not sure, I'd have to find that article again.
    That sounds fair, and that's about what I've correlated also - 8's are more into personal competency, 1's are more into environmental competency, and 9's are in the balance of the two. Maybe I'm short changing 9's. If you find the article sometime, let me know.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    I think there's a tendency to view types 4, 5, and 8 as limited membership clubs. You have to jump through hoops to prove you can sit at the cool kids' table.

I tried sitting with the 5s but they weren't having any of it. They were right ... I'm really not a core 5. But that doesn't change the fact that people who adopt those labels have to fight harder to prove their point than someone who just says "Oh, I'm a 9, herp derp flurp."
    I sit at the 9 table for dinner most nights. They use a lot of ketchup and don't apologize for it.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

brainheart

Why do people want to be eights? Aren't they usually portrayed as egocentric power hungry assholes? (Not saying they are, mind you, just how they're portrayed.)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Why do people want to be eights? Aren't they usually portrayed as egocentric power hungry assholes? (Not saying they are, mind you, just how they're portrayed.)
    No, hungry period. For power, for sex, for food, for being right all the time.....
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    No, hungry period. For power, for sex, for food, for being right all the time.....
    Okay, why would someone want to be that?

But I'm a type that people supposedly want to be, too, cause it's fun being a self absorbed hypersensitive emotional wreck. Oh no wait, I mean a deeply romantic poetic artist.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    That sounds fair, and that's about what I've correlated also - 8's are more into personal competency, 1's are more into environmental competency, and 9's are in the balance of the two. Maybe I'm short changing 9's. If you find the article sometime, let me know.
    competency triaders (1, 3 and 5) are into personal competency. it is 8s that are more concerned with "environmental competency" (which I'm assuming is a nice way of saying control )
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

But I'm a type that people supposedly want to be, too, cause it's fun being a self absorbed hypersensitive emotional wreck. Oh no wait, I mean a deeply romantic poetic artist.
    Yeah I thought the same...why the hell would anyone want be a 4?!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I would imagine because they get shit done. Make things happen. Don't take no for an answer and kick any ass that gets in the way. I mean at unhealthy levels they can gravitate to megalomania and sociopathic tendencies but everyone has their quirks, right?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

in my experience, the 3's are the ones who want to be eights, because eights are respected and adored for being their dirty disgusting selves. 6's sometimes get jealous just because I don't fear what they fear.

Jealousy is an epidemic in my life. I say I want to be an astronaut when I grow up, the 6's laugh and say I'm a fool for trying, and the 3's try to stop me from succeeding because deep down they actually believe I can do it. People would be far less jealous if they knew what my real problems were.

I'm oblivious to myself to the point that I get manipulated all the time. My ENFJ 3 "friend" tells me girls are into me when he knows they aren't, so that I'll go on a suicide mission across the room and fail so he can feel better about himself. I talk about how hot someone is, he gets angry because he's "in a relationship" and doesn't want to hear it.

unrelated: I wonder if that's a good enough reason to drop out of a relationship?