• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] Why is there so much bullshit out there about enneagram 8's? (Rant)

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
[MENTION=21718]infinite[/MENTION]

I define an Se 8 as an estp or esfp 8. So if you're a socionics SLI, you can fuck off basically. You're probably nothing like me and oblivious to my near constant nuclear explosions.

[MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION]

when you say pushed, does it kinda feel like this? Socionics SLE's, regardless of enneagram, are known for their volitional force. Checkout halla for example. He's ESTP 7w8 and still gives off a kind of push.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

[MENTION=10984]Azure Flame[/MENTION]

Napoleon wasn't a SLI, lol.

He was an LIE.

Alea_iacta_est

Do you think he was an SEE?

I reasoned he would be LIE-Ni.

It was one of the more controversial type profile names, which is why the more modern SEE celebrity name is now "Caesar" (even though SEE is commonly referred to as Napoleon in some places anyways), so it is plausible to think so.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

It was one of the more controversial type profile names, which is why the more modern SEE celebrity name is now "Caesar" (even though SEE is commonly referred to as Napoleon in some places anyways), so it is plausible to think so.

Yes it's plausible.

I have some trouble seeing Napoleon as SLI, though.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
when you say pushed, does it kinda feel like this? Socionics SLE's, regardless of enneagram, are known for their volitional force. Checkout halla for example. He's ESTP 7w8 and still gives off a kind of push.

Haha, I get along quite well with [MENTION=6109]Halla74[/MENTION] and have never felt like he was over pushy or controlling-- that said, I believe he's pretty healthy and leading with 7 makes a difference. I do feel what I referred to as "met" (strength for strength) by him though, the result of which is great respect (something I don't give out very freely).

I'm probably biased and conditioned about the feeling I get from 8's since my Dad is 8w7 and has "pushed" me my whole life. We have to have a debate about every freaking thing (and yes, I do play a part in that). From a young age I was the only one in my family who didn't really like being expected to fall in line without question. The "push" is (from 8's who love me) a "this is the best thing, so do it." or spewing total gut-based predictions or assertions about what's going on in a situation and disallowing any disagreement. My Dad is not a super healthy 8, though he does have his moments. When I get pushed, I push back if I detect beliggerance or assumed control over me. Even a female 8w7 friend of mine (who is healthier than my Dad) pushes my buttons by assuming I must agree with her or be wrong. 8's are not too intense for me at all, but the hyper element that 7 adds can throw me into exasperation. I do however follow both my friend's and my Dad's advice and direction if I feel they are correct (which they are quite a bit). The healthiest 8 I know (who is w9) still has a very solid presence, but is a far more humble and calm individual than the two 8's I've mentioned. He has still pushed me if he feels I'm wrong but not in the same way as the aforementioned 8's-- it's the being "met" thing. I'm not sure whether to chalk that up to health, wing or both.

Now I'm rambling, but I hope that illustrates how I see the push. Volitional force sounds right, though I don't know the socionics types of my friend or my Dad. I'd guess ISTx for my Dad's MBTI though. The "push" is partially the mastiff vibe of total confidence and control-- it's like quiet capability. I think introverted 8's have this a bit more than extroverted. The other part is of course this prodding kind of dialogue, carried out with the expectation of being obeyed/submitted to.

Last edited:

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type 8s seem to have a fascination for strong predatory animals.

Where's yours [MENTION=21718]infinite[/MENTION]? Where's your avatar jpeg?

Oh yes, love tigers. :wink:

Avatars, meh. Maybe one day I'll post one.

[MENTION=21718]infinite[/MENTION]

I define an Se 8 as an estp or esfp 8. So if you're a socionics SLI, you can fuck off basically. You're probably nothing like me and oblivious to my near constant nuclear explosions.

No, you can fuck off if you think MBTI ISTP must equal socionics SLI. You have not even bothered to check my profile, have you? It has my socionics type in there. Right there next to each of my posts too. :tongue10:

Your "near constant nuclear explosions" is you being manic with bullshit grandiose fantasies.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Oh yes, love tigers. :wink:

Avatars, meh. Maybe one day I'll post one.

No, you can fuck off if you think MBTI ISTP must equal socionics SLI. You have not even bothered to check my profile, have you? It has my socionics type in there. Right there next to each of my posts too. :tongue10:

Your "near constant nuclear explosions" is you being manic with bullshit grandiose fantasies.

oh you're an SLE? well shit. welcome aboard! I was assuming you were another SLI typing as ISTP come to tell me how little I know about everything... again. It happens at least once a month.

And hey, I'm allowed to have my grandiose fantasies. Without those i have nothing. So when you're done suckin muh dick you can eat muh ass.

My perfect girlfriend is someone who sits with me in a room and we talk about our imaginary kingdom, and then when that gets old we go have sex on top of mcdonalds.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Napoleon was actually the original type-name for SEE.

Yeah, but what does that prove? That whoever made the type names thought Napoleon was like that, it doesn't mean they had any authority on the guy.

I'm not really sure of his type myself, but I just read this romantic novella he wrote called "Clisson et Eugénie", and the character that is essentially Napoleon seems very NF sometimes. It ends with him writing a final letter to his unfaithful lover before essentially committing suicide in battle. Also, he doesn't choose the beautiful girl who is into him, he chooses the elusive shy girl who it took a special eye to see as beautiful and a certain quality to love. He wrote something to that effect, I zoned out a bit while reading. The story read like a crappy imitation of early Goethe.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Where do you read about these things? Russian socionics sites or is there something new out there in English too?

oh you're an SLE? well shit. welcome aboard! I was assuming you were another SLI typing as ISTP come to tell me how little I know about everything... again. It happens at least once a month.

And hey, I'm allowed to have my grandiose fantasies. Without those i have nothing. So when you're done suckin muh dick you can eat muh ass.

Ehh assumptions suck :p

Btw... I'm surprised to hear that you realize that "Without those i have nothing".

I'm not going to be your perfect girlfriend so I'm disregarding the sentence about your body parts :alttongue:

Aurora James

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Because unhealthy Eights get more focus than healthy Eights

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Because unhealthy Eights get more focus than healthy Eights

This. I really think there is probably an equal amount of bullshit and misconceptions about most of the types. The ones that seem to get the most just seem to be the bolder, more extroverted types (1s, 2s, 3s, 8s, etc.).

Femi_fabio

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
One of the more interesting threads I've read. I just recently discovered Enneagrams and this shed a lot of light on the type 8. I was wondering if anyone had any input on introverted type 8s, there isn't a lot of material out there

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
One of the more interesting threads I've read. I just recently discovered Enneagrams and this shed a lot of light on the type 8. I was wondering if anyone had any input on introverted type 8s, there isn't a lot of material out there

Wow. An INTJ 8w9. I've never seen another one. What kind of input are you looking for?

Femi_fabio

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Lol nice to know I not alone. I'm just looking for more descriptive information on how the introverted 8 would appear/ relate with others. Most, if not , all 8 descriptions you'll find describe the quintessential 8 extrovert (even though I learnt the 8 in introverts forces us to be more outgoing). Enneagram Explorations • View topic - SX/SO Introverted 8 Description This is the closest thing I've found to what I'm looking for. More variations of this would be helpful.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Lol nice to know I not alone. I'm just looking for more descriptive information on how the introverted 8 would appear/ relate with others. Most, if not , all 8 descriptions you'll find describe the quintessential 8 extrovert (even though I learnt the 8 in introverts forces us to be more outgoing). Enneagram Explorations • View topic - SX/SO Introverted 8 Description This is the closest thing I've found to what I'm looking for. More variations of this would be helpful.

I definitely think that that the instinctual stacking really plays a role here. I'm a sp/sx so I'm going to be less extroverted, less risk taking and less outgoing, in general. I do agree that the 8 description leans more extroverted and it makes it hard to relate when you're introverted. But what I have always identified with are things like this;

Basic Desire: To protect themselves (to be in control of their own life and destiny). Want to be self-reliant, to prove their strength and resist weakness, to be important in their world, to dominate the environment, and to stay in control of their situation.

Very much so and it dovetails right into being an SP.

Eights are willing to “take the heat,” knowing that any decision cannot please everyone. But as much as possible, they want to look after the interests of the people in their charge without playing favorites. They use their talents and fortitude to construct a better world for everyone in their lives.

True. I know I can't please everyone but I am fair and I'm going to do the right thing for those who belong to me. I don't mean I own them but family, coworkers and so on, they are the people in my charge.

Although, to some extent, Eights fear physical harm, far more important is their fear of being disempowered or controlled in some way. Eights are extraordinarily tough and can absorb a great deal of physical punishment without complaint—a double-edged blessing since they often take their health and stamina for granted and overlook the health and well-being of others as well. Yet they are desperately afraid of being hurt emotionally and will use their physical strength to protect their feelings and keep others at a safe emotional distance. Beneath the tough façade is vulnerability, although it has been covered over by layer of emotional armor.

Yes and when you have an NF in your life, they are the first people to complain about it/bring it up. Then I'm like - what are you over there babbling about? We 8's often don't even know it's happening until it's brought to our attention. Any of it. Is it a fault? Sure. But it's not done maliciously.

None of these are the typical outgoing 8 sorts of thing. And don't underestimate that 9 wing. A 8w9 is much different than a 8w7, in my experience.