• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] Why is there so much bullshit out there about enneagram 8's? (Rant)

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
idunno.

I don't. I think someone else does though.

I certainly see them as small energy.

If you call someone a 6 as a way to insult them (as you did in the quote I mentioned earlier), why would you do that if you don't think of 6s as inferior?

When you say that "someone else" thinks of 6s as inferior, do you mean people who try to convince you that you are one?

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
Here's a good 6 trait: we cut through bullshit :D. Trying to poke holes in everything can be very useful and lead to insight.
Agreed. The mind of a 6 is one of the most fascinating things I've encountered in my life. My brother is a 6 and within one conversation he knows exactly who someone is and whether they're trustworthy. He's never wrong. That mind is always ticking.

I'm wondering--why do you see being a 6 as being "less"? And in the second quote, you say "6" like it's an insult. The enneagram types ALL have positive aspects AND negative aspects to them. As a 6, I don't feel like that makes me less than 8s. Nor do I feel like 8s are less than me. I think it would be good to think about why you feel that being a 6 is inferior to being an 8, as a way to better understand yourself and others.
Lol, "less than" - I have seen 6 used as an insult on forums and it boggles my mind? Why??! 6s are the only head type with a line to heart. How can you be cooler than that? I love me some 7s and 5s but the cold logic can be infuriating... 6's use their mind just as effectively but also have tremendous passion. For example Amy Lee from Evanescence, SX cp-6. Such a cool type. I would also put Matthew Bellamy from Muse at type 6. Those are some of the best musicians. I can't think of an 8 musician whose songs are as intense and driven and cut to the core with that kind of passionate energy and cleverness of lyrics. Being a songwriter myself I realized most of the songwriters I love most seem to be 4s and 6s.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
If you call someone a 6 as a way to insult them (as you did in the quote I mentioned earlier), why would you do that if you don't think of 6s as inferior?

When you say that "someone else" thinks of 6s as inferior, do you mean people who try to convince you that you are one?

hmm... not sure. in my mind, 6's are small energy and anxious and scared when they don't have support. I do not embody these traits.
I suppose I take personal insult when someone tells me that that's who I am, so I project and think this is a viable insult onto others.

I'm pretty sure I'd get just as insulted if you told me i was a 3 OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER, because I fucking hate 3's. They are my worst enemies. narcissistic jealous insecure one-uppers, except those few times when they are not (which in my experience has been rare).

I'd get insulted if you told me i was a 9 OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER, because they are depressing, low energy and frankly, they creep me out.

Its wierd. i have a very strong identity, except when I stand still I become blind to it. So when you suggest I am anything other than a ninja, i get angry.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If DJ Arendee would be really so sure, about his type, then what would this thread be about? If he really knows, he's an 8, why does he feel the need to proof it and pitty himself, because others were so cruel and typed him as 6? And what is so bad about being a 6 anyway? They are the most malleable type and can develope and change to literally anyone, so they are kind of a mistery. You never can know what a type 6 is like until you know the person's background. And what is the big deal about "they told me I am mistypded"? Sure...everyone has some opinion you can take it, think about it and accept it, or reject it, but what the hell is bitching about someone else's opinion about? If you know your type the best, fuck others...why would anyone make a hateful thread like this, because such a dumb and meaningless thing? :shock:

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'd get insulted if you told me i was a 9 OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER, because they are depressing, low energy and frankly, they creep me out.

Are you saying I creep you out? Join us you crazy 6.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm... not sure. in my mind, 6's are small energy and anxious and scared when they don't have support. I do not embody these traits.
I suppose I take personal insult when someone tells me that that's who I am, so I project and think this is a viable insult onto others.

I'm pretty sure I'd get just as insulted if you told me i was a 3 OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER, because I fucking hate 3's. They are my worst enemies. narcissistic jealous insecure one-uppers, except those few times when they are not (which in my experience has been rare).

Its wierd. i have a very strong identity, except when I stand still I become blind to it. So when you suggest I am anything other than a ninja, i get angry.

i'm in no way an authority on type 6 but my understanding is that phobic 6's are anxious, super cautious and slow to act...but counterphobics rebel against that inherent fear to the point of feeling as tho they fear nothing and they attempt to show it to you constantly by being all roarrr grr hisss etc.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I admit I've used E6 as an insult in the past. It was foolish of me and I regret it. That was when I didn't completely understand enneagram that way I do now. I'm in charge of 10 or so E6's and 5's. They are unafraid of many things that i am afraid of. They all seem to think I need their protection. Perhaps I do. idunno.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
If DJ Arendee would be really so sure, about his type, then what would this thread be about? If he really knows, he's an 8, why does he feel the need to proof it and pitty himself, because others were so cruel and typed him as 6? And what is so bad about being a 6 anyway? They are the most malleable type and can develope and change to literally anyone, so they are kind of a mistery. You never can know what a type 6 is like until you know the person's background. And what is the big deal about "they told me I am mistypded"? Sure...everyone has some opinion you can take it, think about it and accept it, or reject it, but what the hell is bitching about someone else's opinion about? If you know your type the best, fuck others...why would anyone make a hateful thread like this, because such a dumb and meaningless thing? :shock:

I'm mad because my youtube subscribers are being banned from forums because they post my videos.

8's are not certain about their type, contrary to popular belief. 8's are self forgetting.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm mad because my youtube subscribers are being banned from forums because they post my videos.

8's are not certain about their type, contrary to popular belief. 8's are self forgetting.

i just don't even believe this.
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] since you hang around there too. what say you?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
i'm in no way an authority on type 6 but my understanding is that phobic 6's are anxious, super cautious and slow to act...but counterphobics rebel against that inherent fear to the point of feeling as tho they fear nothing and they attempt to show it to you constantly by being all roarrr grr hisss etc.

counterphobia only means they face their fear of being without support and guidance head on. they are lone wolfs. sometimes they are blustery but that's because they are scared. once you show them you are going to push back aggressively to their own aggression, they leave you alone and actually become scared of you. 8's are the most animalistic and in tune with their instincts. When animals strike you from behind, its because they take that opportunity to take down the threat instead of deal with the anxiety of letting it come back to get them later.

I'm just a monster. *starts crying*

8w7's are agile minded gut types who act without thinking. Can be very wreckless.

I am so good at Se, that I use it to fuck with people for kicks. I slam chairs into desks of other students so that I can watch the scared reactions on their faces as they fear that their pencils will fall on the ground. I do parkour moves over my desk in the middle of class when I want a tissue, etc.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

the first sentence is a bit hard to believe, but eh...okay. I didn't say 8s in general as sure about their type. I said you try to act like you're really sure, that you're an 8 and everyone else who type you as 6 is wrong, but you're nagging your certainty by creating this thread.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Also, I suspect that when someone tells me what I am, I DO IT, I ACT IT OUT, so that I can test if its true or not by the objective reactions in other people.

So yeah, there was a little bit of, "RAWR I'M SCARY" going on when I first learned 8. But that's why ESTP's need to look at themselves in the mirror.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i just don't even believe this.
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] since you hang around there too. what say you?

I wouldn't really know. most of my behavior on forums consists of Ne mind dumbing my thoughts all over the place, so I don't really keep up on stuff like this. :p
however, I read through the bans/infractions recently and didn't see anything, so, as far as I know, there's not much evidence for it.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
the first sentence is a bit hard to believe, but eh...okay. I didn't say 8s in general as sure about their type. I said you try to act like you're really sure, that you're an 8 and everyone else who type you as 6 is wrong, but you're nagging your certainty by creating this thread.

you could be right about that. I do kinda overcompensate for the nebulous void in my mind that tells me who I am.

I AM A WARRIOR, I AM A MAN!

a bit of projection. Anyway the point is I'm a lost child and I'm always asking people to tell me "what am I? how do I come off?" and people see this as an opportunity to tell me I'm less than what I actually am, and I am furious at the revelation that this is going on. does that make sense?

Its counterintuitive, but if someone told me I was terrifying several years ago, I'd have said, "alright, time to stop being terrifying and integrate to a 2." Only recently have I started to view myself differently. enfj friend tells me I act like gary busey, lmao.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
counterphobia only means they face their fear of being without support and guidance head on. they are lone wolfs. sometimes they are blustery but that's because they are scared. once you show them you are going to push back aggressively to their own aggression, they leave you alone and actually become scared of you.

I'm just a monster. *starts crying*

8w7's are agile minded gut types who act without thinking. Can be very wreckless.

I am so good at Se, that I use it to fuck with people for kicks. I slam chairs into desks of other students so that I can watch the scared reactions on their faces as they fear that their pencils will fall on the ground. I do parkour moves over my desk in the middle of class when I want a tissue, etc.

none of that is cool at all. you should actually be embarrassed for yourself imo.

what are you trying to prove? and why? who values these things?

i do not see 8's that way at all. i don't see mean spirited "monsters" hell bent on proving their dominance over everyone. i see strength and protectiveness. someone compelled to carry the burdens of others to spare them. someone with a tough exterior that has that soft lil 2 soul child within.

i'm sure some are cooler than others tho.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=18576]Sanjuro[/MENTION]
holyrockthrower?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
you could be right about that. I do kinda overcompensate for the nebulous void in my mind that tells me who I am.

a bit of projection. Anyway the point is I'm a lost child and I'm always asking people to tell me "what am I? how do I come off?" and people see this as an opportunity to tell me I'm less than what I actually am, and I am furious at the revelation that this is going on. does that make sense?

Its counterintuitive, but if someone told me I was terrifying several years ago, I'd have said, "alright, time to stop being terrifying and integrate to a 2." Only recently have I started to view myself differently. enfj friend tells me I act like gary busey, lmao.

It does make sense and I can kind of relate...but if someone types you as 6 it does not mean he's telling you, you're less, than you are. Personality theories are not here to build up your self confidence, or to find some self esteem.. They are here to show you some of your characteristics. But I don't believe you as a type 8 is better than you as a type 6 as much as I don't believe someone who is an N is better, than someone who is an S, even though a lot of intuitive types built up their feelings of elity just based on this single letter. Saying I am 8, because I am better than 6 sounds like a terrible misunderstanding of the purpose of enneagram system.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
none of that is cool at all. you should actually be embarrassed for yourself imo.

what are you trying to prove? and why? who values these things?

i do not see 8's that way at all. i don't see mean spirited "monsters" hell bent on proving their dominance over everyone. i see strength and protectiveness. someone compelled to carry the burdens of others to spare them. someone with a tough exterior that has that soft lil 2 soul child within.

i'm sure some are cooler than others tho.

yeah Idunno. I don't think manipulation and abstract mind games are very cool but ENFP's and ENTP's seem to do it to people all the time out of "experimentation." (Ne)

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

This whole bit seems rather circular. You need external validation for your identity but you know your identity so well that you always know when others are wrong, and it bothers you so much because there is validation you're not receiving...why is it that you need to put something (a true identity) into your void if it's already there? If you already know who you are, why are you so desperate for others to see it? Is it not enough for you to see it? I don't know what type this corresponds to, but what I see really prominently is a need to be seen. That could be consistent with knowing who you are, but it seems like in that case it would be more about mutually seeing, seeing other people while they are seeing you- having a connection, rather than focusing on yourself.

Personally I think you also are struggling to accept the dark sides of yourself; you are psychologically embracing it but there is still resistance, and so you need acceptance from others of your dark side so you can reassure yourself completely that you are ok.

/INFJ unsolicited psychoanalysis