First 41213141516 Last

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    ...and if you happen to be directly underneath it.
    I shouldn't ask for a raise then, even though I'm underpaid just because I started as a temp? I shouldn't complain to my landlord about the heat not working? I can't see why not. Yet, I'm not naturally inclined to do this things. But why shouldn't I? Why do some people regard self-respect as a dirty word? Why must we all be martyrs, sacrificing for everyone else, and complaining about being unappreciated the whole time? That's not the life I want to live. I'm not a 2. I get little pleasure out of such things.

Do you enjoy being taken advantage of? I don't.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    LIE

Hey DJ,

Apologies to recycle an old thread -- but I ran across this and wanted to contribute because I've seen all of your enneagram videos and many of your myers briggs videos.

First of all, I'd like to say that I agree with your main premise of this thread: I don't abdicate baseless witch-hunting based on written text -- because it is just that, baseless. You might think you have a sense for a person but you really don't unless you've seen them face to face.

That being said, I also think this banding against you is unneeded, and I do agree there are a number of trolls on this thread that just mindlessly follow the crowd -- Albeit, there are also a few people who oppose your viewpoints who do make some amounts of sense and deserve consideration as you've reciprocated more or less.

Regarding your type, I do agree that over written online text you do come off as a CP-6.
    That being said, watching your videos you do not strike me as a type 6 at all. I would confidently say you come across as a 378 tritype. I wish that I could confidently pin the thumbtack on you being an 8, but really some part of me feels your exterior comes across as somewhat contrived.. that might be just me though.

Regardless, you know yourself best, and only you will ever truly know yourself -- sometimes we keep things from ourselves for long periods of time only to discover another truth in the future. I have no stance on what you are, and I refuse to take one because I find that type of mindset childish, immature, disrespectful.

Also, I think your videos are great (and some, ridiculously funny!)

p.s. apologies for overusing 'regardless' and 'that being said' :p

-Tem
    Likes Entropic liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Ok so maybe if I really tried, I can possibly see the guy as an Se dom. However, if you really think that this guy is really an 8, I will debate you until the end of my days.

This is the first thread I've read on this site. Happened to be googling 8's and decided to join. I've been studying the enneagram for almost 30 years now, and while I wouldn't bother arguing with you, that you tube video that was posted without doubt there's an 8 speaking.

What's unusual and strange to me, is why are people arguing with what is essentially there for a person to discover for themselves?

Denzel Washington and Russel Crowe are both 8's and they don't look particularly alike.
    Likes Entropic liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Fun thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    How come so many enneagram 8's across the internet know exactly what I'm talking about?

(...)

It is absolutely frustrating to me that I have to be invited to a secret group on facebook in order to have healthy enneagram 8 discussions. Its is absolutely frustrating to me that everyone on the internet other than 8's themselves seem to think we are these walking gods among mortals.
    I don't know what you're talking about.

But, where is this secret group? Wanna see it :P

Yeah it's bullshit about 8's being "walking gods".

I'm pretty sure I'd get just as insulted if you told me i was a 3 OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER, because I fucking hate 3's. They are my worst enemies. narcissistic jealous insecure one-uppers, except those few times when they are not (which in my experience has been rare).

(...)

Its wierd. i have a very strong identity, except when I stand still I become blind to it. So when you suggest I am anything other than a ninja, i get angry.
    Are you not a narcissistic one-upper yourself? You seem to be pretty much that.

Ninja? Have you got any Asperger traits?

I'm mad because my youtube subscribers are being banned from forums because they post my videos.

8's are not certain about their type, contrary to popular belief. 8's are self forgetting.
    What the fuck do you mean by 8's being self-forgetting? 8's are an Id type, not self-forgetting at all. Quite the opposite. 8's got a lot of self-interest. :P

would be cool to meet another Se 8 on here. Gets lonely being the only person who likes to talk about explosions and fire all the time, haha.
    Does ISTP 8 count as "Se 8" to you? I'm not really a pyromaniac though

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Okay, why would someone want to be that?

But I'm a type that people supposedly want to be, too, cause it's fun being a self absorbed hypersensitive emotional wreck. Oh no wait, I mean a deeply romantic poetic artist.
    I actually find type 4 cool. Don't ask why. Well, it's probably because of the intensity of emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by PimpinMcBoltage View Post
    I unno DJ I'm pretty sure most Se dominants mostly just play video games, go to work and masterbate/fuck like a lot of people do. Granted they are typically jolly and somewhat pushy but I could tell you of a few Se dominants that aren't at all socionics makes them out to be. My mother is an ESTP, who'd probably be confused by an ESFJ by the more confused type. Some would confuse themselves with introverts with a good deal of hobbies to them.

A Se type is obvious because they take the situation at hand, and are very good at dealing with such a thing that it becomes second nature to them. They aren't so hyper aggressive. At least most of 'em aren't.
    Some people call the bolded "aggressive".

You're right though, some socionics Se type descriptions seem to have a bit of enneagram motivations mixed in...

Quote Originally Posted by Zephur View Post
    I always get this impression with DJ, at least ever since he changed his type from ISTP to ESTP. Always comes across as trying to prove something. Of course someone cannot possibly change just because of a difference in two letters that people use to describe them. Therefore, who is he most trying to convince? Himself of course.
    But why on earth would the switch to ESTP typing cause that? What's so different between ISTP and ESTP? I'm honestly curious if you got thoughts on that.

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    I know I'm coming in super late on this, but better late than never!
    Right.

I think 8 specifically is much easier to type IRL because you can feel an 8-- or I can anyway. They have a very full and solid presence that generally makes people shift stance a bit, and there's no show about it (though it feels like there is). Generally speaking if I don't feel met or pushed, an 8 is not present.
    Give me a few real life examples/anecdotes of what made you feel "met" / "pushed" by someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    many people type at 8 because they see them as much more ideal than they actually are. this is why I make sure to note the less appealing aspects of 8 (sadism, impulsivity, antisocial tendencies etc) when describing them.
    The idealized bullshit, I'm tired of it. It all sounds so superego-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    I've likewise met 1-fixed 6s who mistype at 8 due to the ethos of "stand your ground, look after yourself, trust no one, and struggle hard for your existence". In Wisdom, anyway, the open self-interest and even sadistic qualities aren't especially emphasized. I can see why there would be many mistypes.

(...)

Just to be semi-constructive here, I find that the works of Tom Condon, Helen Palmer, Naranjo, as well as the descriptions on Ocean Moonshine to be very accurate in portraying the core psychology of the types. Other descriptions aren't necessarily as accurate--I saw one site telling me that 6w7s were all Republicans and 6w5s were all Democrats, for instance. This can be confusing for a casual surfer.
    I agree Wisdom sucks. Naranjo's much better. I like how it's not sugarcoated crap. Lol about the Republican 6w7's... Anyone wants Naranjo's book, PM me, I have ebook copy of it.

I think this is actually a fair point that no one seems to mention. Eights are a reactive type and express anger openly. They are often less inclined to see threats than a cp6 (or at least, perceive threats differently) and can be less volatile in certain respects--maybe roll more things off their back--but there is also an extremely low threshold for frustration and annoyance.
    Very, very true. This also needs to be emphasized more.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by infinite View Post
    What the fuck do you mean by 8's being self-forgetting? 8's are an Id type, not self-forgetting at all. Quite the opposite. 8's got a lot of self-interest. :P
    exactly
    the exception is the Social 8, who can be extremely self forgetting. other than that, any self forgetting (at least as he's using it here) experienced by an 8 would be more from the influence of a strong 9 wing.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I forgot about this thread.

The final scene in DJ's fall from grace if I recall correctly.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by infinite View Post
    Give me a few real life examples/anecdotes of what made you feel "met" / "pushed" by someone else?
    Gladly, I realize my way of describing how I feel is sometimes lost on others. I've found over time that 8w7 more often gives me the "pushed" feeling, or "challenged" in the sense of them jabbing at me (or whoever). It almost is like I can't get a break from them trying to control me or the situation at hand, saying how things should be, what I need to do etc. My Dad and a close female friend are the 8w7's in my life and I've experienced this with both of them.

I tend to feel more "met" by 8w9 (but have also experienced pushing, or perhaps it's more like refusing to be moved for the 9 wing) which feels like adequate strength and a matter-of-fact sureness of self. I've begun to realize, though, that my feeling met (or matched strength for strength) by 8w9's has as much to do with who I am as with who they are.

I'm not sure if that helps or not.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    Gladly, I realize my way of describing how I feel is sometimes lost on others. I've found over time that 8w7 more often gives me the "pushed" feeling, or "challenged" in the sense of them jabbing at me (or whoever). It almost is like I can't get a break from them trying to control me or the situation at hand, saying how things should be, what I need to do etc. My Dad and a close female friend are the 8w7's in my life and I've experienced this with both of them.

I tend to feel more "met" by 8w9 (but have also experienced pushing, or perhaps it's more like refusing to be moved for the 9 wing) which feels like adequate strength and a matter-of-fact sureness of self. I've begun to realize, though, that my feeling met (or matched strength for strength) by 8w9's has as much to do with who I am as with who they are.

I'm not sure if that helps or not.
    Thanks yes it helps

Type 8s seem to have a fascination for strong predatory animals.

Where's yours @infinite? Where's your avatar jpeg?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    874 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Type 8s seem to have a fascination for strong predatory animals.
    @yeghor Its you! Smoothest troll of all!

Is Grinch predatory enough in your opinion?

ILE- 8w7 7w8 4w3 sx/so