User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 164

  1. #121
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    If a lot of people think you're a 6, it may be worth looking into.

    However, you seem like an 8w7 to me.

    But I don't feel solid about enneagram, unless someone is just a walking stereotype of their etype. Typing over the internet get's even harder.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  2. #122
    Senior Member Dancing_Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    The answer is....personalitycafe. I like the site for its own sake but it is a macabre orgy of mistypes, misidentification and misinformation. Go into any one of the IN forums there. They're seriously like wading through rivers of effluence. There are mistypes in every orifice and in turn they are using each other as benchmarks of "the typical xyz" and from there criticising others who do not fit the mould. It is unfortunate that some start to become immune to the possibility of being mistypes themselves. Heck two of the mods there were mistyped for a long time (though I personally think they're cool and that alone doesn't bother me very much).

    An analogy I would use would be bee hives where the inhabitants start making bizarre buzzing noises. The noise is a result of a non fatal illness and it spreads through the hive and neighbouring ones. Later on some chump comes along and believes that because all the bees are utilising a retarded buzz that this is typical behaviour and classifies it as such without stopping to ask whether there is actually something wrong with all the bees.

    My advice mate would be to ask them where they got their information from. Citations and sources please!
    EVERY.SINGLE.WORD.

    I do love chatting with people on PC, but it got so stressful to read so much bullshit by grossly mistyped ignorant bimbos I left for months and only went back today.

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    A real 8 wouldn't give a shit about any of this ^^.
    Quote Originally Posted by PimpinMcBoltage View Post
    Yeah just let the haters hate. Who cares?

    This is sort of passive aggressive.
    This, though.

    I mean I got people telling me I couldn't possibly be both an ENFP and a type 8 for months. Let alone when I dared to say that just because I'm an ENFP doesn't mean I'm an IEE in Socionics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #123
    Rainy Day Woman MDP2525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    When I was typed at 6, telling myself that descriptions were bad was just a part of my denial. Yet, I was surprised by how many other 6s came forward to say that they couldn't initially see themselves as 6s, either. It seems like a relatively common phenomenon to me, based on this.

    I obtained a copy of Wisdom of the Enneagram about a month ago (which tends to be the most widely-read description), and I can see why mistypes might happen. Their depiction of the type sounds, in places, more like an anxiety disorder, and they emphasize inter-relational security (rather than wanting to find a solid foundation in life) and a fear of "trying new things"--which might stand for an SJ 6, but an ENTP 6w5, for example, might be a loner enthused at ideas of diversity and a brighter future (my father being one such). They also state that 6s are always aware of their anxieties, yet many cp6s actually think they are angry rather than anxious.

    I've likewise met 1-fixed 6s who mistype at 8 due to the ethos of "stand your ground, look after yourself, trust no one, and struggle hard for your existence". In Wisdom, anyway, the open self-interest and even sadistic qualities aren't especially emphasized. I can see why there would be many mistypes.

    It is possible that the 6s I spoke with were mistyped, and also possible that other types fail to see themselves in their respective types at a similar frequency to 6s, of course. I certainly have my share of gripes with the 4 description in Wisdom.

    Just to be semi-constructive here, I find that the works of Tom Condon, Helen Palmer, Naranjo, as well as the descriptions on Ocean Moonshine to be very accurate in portraying the core psychology of the types. Other descriptions aren't necessarily as accurate--I saw one site telling me that 6w7s were all Republicans and 6w5s were all Democrats, for instance. This can be confusing for a casual surfer.


    I think this is actually a fair point that no one seems to mention. Eights are a reactive type and express anger openly. They are often less inclined to see threats than a cp6 (or at least, perceive threats differently) and can be less volatile in certain respects--maybe roll more things off their back--but there is also an extremely low threshold for frustration and annoyance.

    You've articulated it far better than I ever could, so I'll leave it here, but I think you are right to divert our collective attention back to that fact.
    I really like this post and find truth in it about sixes. @DJ Arendee, don't take this the wrong way or in any way attacking but there may be something else going on with you than just enneagram confusion. This isn't a normal reaction to being questioned or even followed/harrassed as you say. It's a bit concerning because whether or not you are an E8 or E6 or whatever - this type of reaction and anger does not seem healthy. Any other issues must first be dealt with properly before enneagram and MBTI type can be established fully.
    ~luck favors the ready~


    Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

  4. #124
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    17

    Default

    I don't see an enneagram 8 in DJ.

    I've seen this behaviour from E3 and E6 tho.

    Anyways, it's misguided to use enneagram as a way to build an identity. Building it on being an ESTP and enneagram 8 destroys the potential to awaken from our slumber. Identifying ourselves is a way to shine a light on our habits we are not aware of. If you're an E6, it would be good to admit it and evolve by seeing that these habits are holding you in. Enneagram should be a way to make your life better, not keep your imprisoned, battling others and finding a way to feel good about yourself. Most people forget that learning about these things is to better enable you to get to your goal in the most sustainable way.

    The journey is long.

  5. #125
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    poor guy is brainwashed as all hell.

    @The Great One. I'm taking you off ignore, because this is hilarious, and I used to like you before you turned into a...

    quit talking to these people on ventrillo and start making your own decisions. you're smart enough to do that you know. You're a lot of fun to talk to when you're not trying to defend something that doesn't serve you any valid purpose.
    Listen, I don't hate your guts dude, I'm just trying to help you to realize that you are mis-typed.

  6. #126
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing_Queen View Post
    I mean I got people telling me I couldn't possibly be both an ENFP and a type 8 for months. Let alone when I dared to say that just because I'm an ENFP doesn't mean I'm an IEE in Socionics
    This entirely. Being one of these myself, yeah it is frustrating that you tell people, "Hey, I did research and shit, and spent actual time on this shit and turns out this is what I am." And some know-it-all is like "That's such a rare thing that it's not really probable." and you kind of have to be "Your face is rare and improbable."

    Quote Originally Posted by tralala View Post
    Enneagram should be a way to make your life better, not keep your imprisoned, battling others and finding a way to feel good about yourself. Most people forget that learning about these things is to better enable you to get to your goal in the most sustainable way.
    But at the same time, if you're this angry about even bringing up the discussion of what type you are, then I feel like this isn't serving what it should. It should be identifying things about one's self.. not proving things about yourself to others.

    I've had both my ENFP side and my type 8 called into question many times here. The people that know me IRL have said I am clearly both. I feel myself to be both based on the research I've done. That's good enough for me, and all I care to put into the systems.

    Not to pick on @Elfboy, but he's told me both that I was a classic type 8, and later on that he felt I wasn't at all. Which is fine, he can think what he wants and I'll even discuss the topic with him because who knows he might shed light on something I hadn't noticed, but at the end of the day I'm the one that knows myself best, and the internet only communicates so much.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  7. #127
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,024

    Default

    One clear distinction between a cp6 and an eight, would be that the cp6 will challenge authority because it's authority where an 8 will challenge authority, if their perception is that authority is making poor decisions.

  8. #128
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    One clear distinction between a cp6 and an eight, would be that the cp6 will challenge authority because it's authority where an 8 will challenge authority, if their perception is that authority is making poor decisions.
    have to agree with this... damn I hate incompetence...

    also, I'm more likely to become angry if I feel that someone is fucking with someone or something in my "realm of protected things and people" than if I feel that they're fucking with me... I can handle things on my own, but it is my JOB (in my mind) to stick up for and protect things that fall into my protected category... for a good part because I feel that they can't protect themselves NEARLY as adequately. Don't know how much that applies to others though...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  9. #129
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,040

    Default

    When I first read about Enneagram 8s, I did not have positive impressions. But as I though about it, I realized that some of the terminology that rubbed me the wrong way is neutral. Making an impact isn't inherently good or bad... it depends on the impact.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  10. #130
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    When I first read about Enneagram 8s, I did not have positive impressions. But as I though about it, I realized that some of the terminology that rubbed me the wrong way is neutral. Making an impact isn't inherently good or bad... it depends on the impact.
    ...and if you happen to be directly underneath it.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Similar Threads

  1. Why is there hatred in the world?
    By danseen in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-21-2013, 06:07 AM
  2. Why is there opposition to women in combat roles?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 02-03-2013, 11:43 AM
  3. Why is there no telephone art?
    By Mole in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-03-2010, 01:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO