User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    competency triaders (1, 3 and 5) are into personal competency. it is 8s that are more concerned with "environmental competency" (which I'm assuming is a nice way of saying control )
    I suppose I meant ones are more into establishing systems that will ensure competence - be their goals fairness, dominance, etc. Ones will probably note "the flaws of the system" before "the flaws of the individual."

For Eights:

Key motivations, according to Enneagram Institute: Want to be self-reliant, to prove their strength and resist weakness, to be important in their world, to dominate the environment, and to stay in control of their situation.

Competence, according to Google: Having the necessary ability, knowledge, or skill to do something successfully.

I would say over half of those traits have competence at their core, versus the five, who content themselves with only the "knowing" part of the equation. For eights, perhaps it does grow contingent on itself, that because it is driven towards competence it is self-assured that it is competent. But I don't buy into the inherent "control" aspect eights are known for any more than another type can become.

A race of eights, strong and individualistic.

Though I am curious, if 1, 3, and 5 have been labeled the competency triad, what are the other two groups labeled in this system?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    I suppose I meant ones are more into establishing systems that will ensure competence - be their goals fairness, dominance, etc. Ones will probably note "the flaws of the system" before "the flaws of the individual."

For Eights:

Key motivations, according to Enneagram Institute: Want to be self-reliant, to prove their strength and resist weakness, to be important in their world, to dominate the environment, and to stay in control of their situation.

Competence, according to Google: Having the necessary ability, knowledge, or skill to do something successfully.

I would say over half of those traits have competence at their core, versus the five, who content themselves with only the "knowing" part of the equation. For eights, perhaps it does grow contingent on itself, that because it is driven towards competence it is self-assured that it is competent. But I don't buy into the inherent "control" aspect eights are known for any more than another type can become.

A race of eights, strong and individualistic.

Though I am curious, if 1, 3, and 5 have been labeled the competency triad, what are the other two groups labeled in this system?
    yus! buncha stupid yet simultaneously technologically good enough ESTP 8's who don't know why they're so aggressive, they just are. haha. Although wrex was voiced by jon goodman or whatever his name is, who I think is ESFP. But the same stands. ESFP's are aggressive deeche too.

Matter of fact, grunt is prototypical SLE 8. "I must... fight... its the bloodrage... I'm going crazy in here. I gotta get out of here and do something, its tearing me up inside!"

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I would imagine because they get shit done. Make things happen. Don't take no for an answer and kick any ass that gets in the way. I mean at unhealthy levels they can gravitate to megalomania and sociopathic tendencies but everyone has their quirks, right?
    Ah, ok. That just doesn't appeal to me, at all. What types does that appeal to- I mean besides other assertive types?

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

@DJ Arendee, do you think all or most Se dominants are aggressive? Do you think most 8's are?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I think the OP is typed correctly. Most certainly Se-dom, who are not unlikely to be 8s. Jung's Se description sounds quite 8ish (his Te is more 1ish).
    I think there's been a swinging of the scales the other way where people are over-typing 6 online when they used to under-type it.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe
    Likes Entropic liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Ah, ok. That just doesn't appeal to me, at all. What types does that appeal to- I mean besides other assertive types?
    Of course it doesn't appeal to you but let's take an 8 man and say a 2 woman. That could be a match made in heaven.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Of course it doesn't appeal to you but let's take an 8 man and say a 2 woman. That could be a match made in heaven.
    Who would be good with an 8 woman?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

do 4's often not dig eights? is it their disintegration point? does it often work like that? i think one's might often rub me wrong whn they're being all one like but...i can be that way occasionally i think when i'm all stressed out and i don't like it. is that what it's about? not liking the parts of yourself that you dislike the most?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I've dated 2's. ENFJ 2's are fucking fantastic.

my absolute favorite type to date.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Who would be good with an 8 woman?
    I think a 3 or 9. My husband is a 9, he is very good for me.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.