First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Are there any other 2s in the forum? I feel like I'm drowning in 4s! Which, is not a bad thing. I quite like 4s... Why are there so few 2s about??
    Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    Lots of mistyped 4's.
    My thoughts exactly.

Mistyped 4s, 9s, 7s, and male 8s. That's why.

If I could choose my own enneagram type I would choose 2w3. Hands down my ideal type. Intellectually I know that no neurosis is better than another and it all depends on the indivdual blah blah, but one of the times I've pushed myself hardest, to grow out of my own weakness, was because a 2 inspired the hell out of me. And I find myself gravitating to that type/archetype in general, as it seems to have qualities that help me improve. This made more sense when I was mistyped at 8, because it looked like my growth point, but now knowing that it's my disintegration point that's a bit worrisome but there you have it. I don't know where the bad stigma comes from for type 2 that makes people avoid the typing. It might have to do with myths like "2s are just out to give" which overlook the powerful and power-hungry nature of the type.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Are a lot of 2's SJ's?

They may just be less interested in stuff like typology. SJ's assimilate the most easily, and probably have less a need to understand their self.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    Are a lot of 2's SJ's?

They may just be less interested in stuff like typology. SJ's assimilate the most easily, and probably have less a need to understand their self.
    I was under the impression that 2s were generally EFs... And I don't know about that in regards to SJs... I find it very difficult to assimilate in a lot of situations and I'm constantly trying to understand myself better.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I was under the impression that 2s were generally EFs... And I don't know about that in regards to SJs... I find it very difficult to assimilate in a lot of situations and I'm constantly trying to understand myself better.
    IDK if I'd put you in the ESFJ category based off that one thought.

I suppose type 2's just seem like xSFJ's in my mind. An ENFJ I know is a type 2 as well. And my ISFP mom is a type 2.
    -John Green

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

It's been something I've debated quite a bit. Perhaps you would offer your insight here:http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...65535-s-n.html
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

It's been something I've debated quite a bit. Perhaps you would offer your insight here:http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...65535-s-n.html
    I think ESJs (or SJs in general) can be pretty introspective. @EJCC comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    Mistyped 4s, 9s, 7s, and male 8s. That's why.
    I get 4s and 7s. But I never see any 9s or 8s on here, so are there really that many mistyped ones? Dunno, perhaps the availability heuristic is fucking with me.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I think ESJs (or SJs in general) can be pretty introspective. @EJCC comes to mind.
    I suppose that could be true. I've just not met many ESFJ's that were very introspective. Maybe it just doesn't show.

Not necessarily the case for ESTJ's and ISxJ's that I know.
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

I get 4s and 7s. But I never see any 9s or 8s on here, so are there really that many mistyped ones? Dunno, perhaps the availability heuristic is fucking with me.
    I've spent much more time on PerC than here, and that seems to be the case there at least?

Male 2s mistype at 8 because of the knight in shining armor complex and that male 2s tend to be very masculine, heroic and "I have no needs" and they feel like 8s because they're tough and strong and vengeful, but realistically heart-driven hot-blooded 2 vengeance is different than cold-blooded 8 vengeance. If a 2 male feels like he has a soft spot for women but he's a tough warrior, he might type at 8 because of his 'feeling like a warrior.' He mght mistype at 8 because he doesn't relate to the lovey dovey softie bullshit that is often in bad 2 descriptions. No real 2 would.

2s might mistype at 9 thinking they give in to the needs of others. Realistically they are power types giving the other person what they want so that the 2 will have power over them. But they might not see that in themselves, and just look at the behavior of 'giving in.' 9w8s can do this for power to a degree, but it's less power-driven and goal-oriented and more "loss of sense of self" oriented. Less pride, more sloth, to put it simply.

But both mistypes are possible because of the commonality of 'giving in to the needs of the other' of 2 and 9, and the common prideful heroic badassery of 2 and 8. I've seen female 2s (in my humble opinion) mistype at 8 as well, because they think 2 is weak when realistically it is anything but.

2 pride is, "I will make that person my slave. He will be eating out of my hand."
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    I've spent much more time on PerC than here, and that seems to be the case there at least?

Male 2s mistype at 8 because of the knight in shining armor complex and that male 2s tend to be very masculine, heroic and "I have no needs" and they feel like 8s because they're tough and strong and vengeful, but realistically heart-driven hot-blooded 2 vengeance is different than cold-blooded 8 vengeance. If a 2 male feels like he has a soft spot for women but he's a tough warrior, he might type at 8 because of his 'feeling like a warrior.' He mght mistype at 8 because he doesn't relate to the lovey dovey softie bullshit that is often in bad 2 descriptions. No real 2 would.

2s might mistype at 9 thinking they give in to the needs of others. Realistically they are power types giving the other person what they want so that the 2 will have power over them. But they might not see that in themselves, and just look at the behavior of 'giving in.' 9w8s can do this for power to a degree, but it's less power-driven and goal-oriented and more "loss of sense of self" oriented. Less pride, more sloth, to put it simply.

But both mistypes are possible because of the commonality of 'giving in to the needs of the other' of 2 and 9, and the common prideful heroic badassery of 2 and 8. I've seen female 2s (in my humble opinion) mistype at 8 as well, because they think 2 is weak when realistically it is anything but.
    Ahh, I see. Makes sense.

2 pride is, "I will make that person my slave. He will be eating out of my hand."
    Hmm, is it always so extreme? I've been debating between 7w6 and 2w3 for a while now and while I do relate to the emotional and love-oriented side of 2, I don't really want that power over people at all. I mean, I do want a relationship with someone where we both feel like we can't live without each other but the idea of other people being dependent on me being loving and helpful freaks me out. It puts too much responsibility in my hands. But I'm also more concerned with trying to tie myself down and having a happy, committed relationship than trying to maintain my freedom for as long as possible. Do you know why some 2s on PerC would mistype as 7 or vice versa?
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Ahh, I see. Makes sense.

Hmm, is it always so extreme? I've been debating between 7w6 and 2w3 for a while now and while I do relate to the emotional and love-oriented side of 2, I don't really want that power over people at all. I mean, I do want a relationship with someone where we both feel like we can't live without each other but the idea of other people being dependent on me being loving and helpful freaks me out. It puts too much responsibility in my hands. But I'm also more concerned with trying to tie myself down and having a happy, committed relationship than trying to maintain my freedom for as long as possible. Do you know why some 2s on PerC would mistype as 7 or vice versa?
    It's definitely not always that extreme, the 9 fix tones down the dominant side that's so often mentioned about 2s.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.