User Tag List

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default Introverted 4w3's?

Any examples of Introverted 4w3's? A lot of the descriptions paint 4w3 as the sultry diva, which I have a hard time envisioning as introverted...
    The only way out is through. The faster you're in, the better.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud of Thunder View Post
    A lot of the descriptions paint 4w3 as the sultry diva

Anyway, my INFJ friend is 4w3 so/sp. Ask away.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Good God, that video. O_O

An INFJ 4w3? Do tell, what's that like? How does that manifest IRL?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

An INFJ 4w3? Do tell, what's that like? How does that manifest IRL?
    I think he's more toned down than most 4w3s (also because of sx-last). He's a bit of a contradiction because he has this desire to make connections and be included but he also wants to define himself as different than everyone else. Fe + so-first makes him want to be helpful and nice to others making him seem 2ish but he expects to be remembered for it. Okay, at this point let me just say I'm a bit biased because he's been my friend for the majority of my life and I can get real sick of his melodramatic shit. Anyway, he expects that if he's helpful and nice to others that people will see him as a special person and make him feel special for it. My problem with it is that he's actually pretty formal and held back and pretty socially awkward so he actually sucks at making himself distinguishable from people who are more engaging with others and his approach sounds really contrived. I guess it's the whole 4 frustration with not being adequately parented, expecting others to nurture them.

That probably wasn't very helpful but I tend to ramble when it comes to him. Any specific questions you have in mind?
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I think he's more toned down than most 4w3s (also because of sx-last). He's a bit of a contradiction because he has this desire to make connections and be included but he also wants to define himself as different than everyone else. Fe + so-first makes him want to be helpful and nice to others making him seem 2ish but he expects to be remembered for it. Okay, at this point let me just say I'm a bit biased because he's been my friend for the majority of my life and I can get real sick of his melodramatic shit. Anyway, he expects that if he's helpful and nice to others that people will see him as a special person and make him feel special for it. My problem with it is that he's actually pretty formal and held back and pretty socially awkward so he actually sucks at making himself distinguishable from people who are more engaging with others and his approach sounds really contrived. I guess it's the whole 4 frustration with not being adequately parented, expecting others to nurture them.

That probably wasn't very helpful but I tend to ramble when it comes to him. Any specific questions you have in mind?
    So he has social anxiety? Could that come from being a Social 4?

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Good God, that video. O_O
    Lol, how can you be unaware of that video?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

So he has social anxiety? Could that come from being a Social 4?
    I don't think he actually suffers from SAD. He's just more withdrawn/held back and not as people-oriented as he likes to make himself out to be. He recognizes he's more of a social introvert but he tells me things like "I think I'm pretty outgoing" and I'm just like "well you're not." I also think he's more personally defined in his mind than on the outside. He also tries to take qualities he views as admirable and emulate them to make them a part of his character. He does this with me a lot, trying to emulate my outgoing/energetic persona, the amount I look after my friends, my general openness, etc. But it all comes across as contrived and forced because he's emulating others' qualities and it's not a part of his actual cognition/behavior. It's the whole "in order to be loved for who I am, I must pretend to be what I am not" part of the heart triad I guess.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    Lol, how can you be unaware of that video?
    No no, I'm very much aware of it. I just find it (and him) terribly distasteful.