• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] Anyone 4w5 so/sx?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I seem to find nobody talking about this particular type with these instinctual variants. Is it a highly rare combination or what?

Love to know if there any famous people who have this and any info you may have about these particular ones. I see so/sx with 4w3's but I have too many things that relate me with a 4w5. :)

B

brainheart

[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION],

I have a good friend who is a 4w5 so/sx. He very much longs for friendship but is shy and extremely self conscious. When comfortable, though, he is incredibly engaging and considerate. He is a good friend to have.

He pays attention to popular culture and tends toward being a social critic. He wants to be a film studies teacher.

Allen Ginsberg is supposedly a 4w5 so/sx. I've also seen Charlie Kaufman mentioned as one.

I don't think it's necessarily a rare type as far as 4w5s go. I could see them mistyping as sp/sx or sp/so because they tend to be rather shy and introverted. Social fours always seem rather six-ish to me- they seem to have more anxiety to me. High social anxiety.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=7140]brainheart[/MENTION]
Oh that's awesome. I could see that. Hmm, interesting. As introverted as I am, I don't follow anything that too much promotes my own survival, although having material things are nice to have. :) I'm all about having passion in things, which can be bad sometimes.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You need to give me evidence bro.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

You need to give me evidence bro.

Well, just going by what I know about you from our convos I'd say you're more like [MENTION=16139]Honor[/MENTION] who apparently is an ESFJ. Which makes a lot more sense to me than INFJ.

And since this is about enneagram, I don't even think you're an E4 (Not sure where you're getting that 5 wing from either). You seem to be more of a 2w1, or less likely, a 2w3.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Well, just going by what I know about you from our convos I'd say you're more like [MENTION=16139]Honor[/MENTION] who apparently is an ESFJ. Which makes a lot more sense to me than INFJ.

And since this is about enneagram, I don't even think you're an E4 (Not sure where you're getting that 5 wing from either). You seem to be more of a 2w1, or less likely, a 2w3.
Forever? Oh yeah, he's definitely ENFP.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Forever? Oh yeah, he's definitely ENFP.
[MENTION=15318]Saudade[/MENTION]
Okay, if you stereotyping me based on my religion, ESFJ sounds like a whole ton of sense. But, I disagree when it comes to myself..

Let's talk each letter out:

E - I'm an introvert and online I can highly be mistaken for an extrovert. It's easy to speak with the barrier out here. You can't judge on this because you never seen me in real life. I am quiet in large groups and I am quite mature around everyone, although I can be silly sometimes. Also, aren't INFJ's more mistaken as extroverts?

S - Sensor's tend to see a black and white picture to everything and tend to "uphold" tradition. If you're thinking I am an S because my religion holds to a lot of old-fashioned values, I can only trust it because the spirit confirms it, for the majority of my life, I saw so many paths and roads to everything that this leads me to here. I believe there are more "grays" and I don't get along with many of the "traditional" Utah grown members, but because since I'm on a mission, I've learned to adapt to others. I have a very difficult time being with the majority of my companions.

F - I love feelings in theory and I sometimes can be very compassionate to others, but sometimes but I let my Ti take over a lot because of the friends I grew up with, always skepticals about everything and the falsities I have found by my feelings has led me thinking more on Ti pointing towards a 5 wing.

J - I'm a very weak judger, but I get highly irritated when plans aren't my way.

I have a hard time with speech in real life because my head is in a slough of thoughts. I feel like I'm liked but always rejected at the same time.

I shouldn't have to hide who I am to conform to a type to be properly known as an INFJ. INFJ's tend to have masks on too on any personality type. I'm also in the healthier levels than others here. I'm not so interested in death as much anymore haha.

I am a four because I like doing everything my own way, and I don't like most leaders telling me what to do. Plus I never had on my tests anywhere on the lower numbers of the enneagram.
[MENTION=16139]Honor[/MENTION] Would you like to petition why I am an ENFP?

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Okay, if you stereotyping me based on my religion, ESFJ sounds like a whole ton of sense. But, I disagree when it comes to myself..

E - I'm an introvert and online I can highly be mistaken for an extrovert. It's easy to speak with the barrier out here. You can't judge on this because you never seen me in real life. I am quiet in large groups and I am quite mature around everyone, although I can be silly sometimes. Also, aren't INFJ's more mistaken as extroverts?

S - Sensor's tend to see a black and white picture to everything and tend to "uphold" tradition. If you're thinking I am an S because my religion holds to a lot of old-fashioned values, I can only trust it because the spirit confirms it, for the majority of my life, I saw so many paths and roads to everything that this leads me to here. I believe there are more "grays" and I don't get along with many of the "traditional" Utah grown members, but because since I'm on a mission, I've learned to adapt to others. I have a very difficult time being with the majority of my companions.

F - I love feelings in theory and I sometimes can be very compassionate to others, but sometimes but I let my Ti take over a lot because of the friends I grew up with, always skepticals about everything and the falsities I have found by my feelings has led me thinking more on Ti pointing towards a 5 wing.

J - I'm a very weak judger, but I get highly irritated when plans aren't my way.

I have a hard time with speech in real life because my head is in a slough of thoughts. I feel like I'm liked but always rejected at the same time.

I shouldn't have to hide who I am to conform to a type to be properly known as an INFJ. INFJ's tend to have masks on too on any personality type. I'm also in the healthier levels than others here. I'm not so interested in death as much anymore haha.

I am a four because I like doing everything my own way, and I don't like most leaders telling me what to do. Plus I never had on my tests anywhere on the lower numbers of the enneagram.
I shouldn't have said definitely, I just get an ENFP notion from you.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think I am ENFP (although I like the thought of it more than an ESFJ)

It's easier to appear warmer here than in real life. Some people think I am quite cold on my exterior in real life, when I am mushy on my interior. In contrast, I don't really have Si or Fi. I get disembodiment sometimes because of the lack of it. I can sometimes can get also frustrated when I thought something way through, I'll have one path to take thanks to my Ni and the people in the group don't agree with it.
[MENTION=15318]Saudade[/MENTION],

Where do you get your textbook definition of INFJ?
You may tell me here, private message, list of a website, etc. Because all the websites I look at INFJ make a whole lot of sense to me. o_O

Is it because my enneagrams and instinctual variants are not too certain in these past times? I'm still debating on what my order is for my instinctual variants. All 3 make sense in their own little ways, but I tend to be messier so I don't think I am much of an sp. I am highly focused on individual people and they're ALWAYS on my mind. Creepy huh? :p

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Sorry [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] I just know I'd get a totally different vibe from you if you were truly an INFJ. (Especially if you were a healthy example of one).

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Well, sorry. Again, I can retake another test, reread other profiles and such.. however I may need to be guided in the right direction (like make me look at certain words more). If you truly don't think I am one.

(got this from another forum)

A healthy INFJ:

• You care how you come across to people.
• You consider other people's input and try to understand their point of view.
• You avoid obsessing over unimportant details that don't contribute to a common goal. (in group work situations)
• You judge other people to the same degree as you judge yourself, your usefulness to society, etc.
• You have reasonable expectations of others.
• You tolerate weaknesses in other people.
• You don't believe you're always right.
• You practice effective ways to relax and unwind.
• You forgive people and release grudges, regularly.
• You look for the good that you see in other people.
• You inform others that you when you require more time than expected to make decisions.
• You communicate your thoughts to other people.
• You keep in mind the big picture.
• You collect all relevant information before you come to a conclusion.
• You dwell on the sunny side of life.

This all makes sense to me? Haha. I can commentate again. :O

Last edited:
A

Anew Leaf

The fact that you clearly don't have a clue when it comes to what being a "Sensor" means... tells me you don't have the tools you need to adequately bake your type cake.

Also, I never have seen an INFJ vibe from you either. You are somewhere in the SiNe spectrum.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, I don't know what a "sensor" is then, thanks. I focus on developing mainly on who I am and I've read others briefly and a common pattern with "S's" is tradition.

Okay what is the "INFJ" vibe that is everyone is talking about? I don't see that every INFJ needs to act the same. That sounds ridiculous, especially most of them being a type 4. SiNe is more of an ISTJ and I am not one, they're pretty much their opposites and some INFJ's and ISTJ's just cannot get along if they don't work something out together.

Everyone keeps telling me by "feeling." If someone wants to educate me that's fine, but to be simply labeled some other type without no explanation is just not cool.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haha. :) Okay. Well, I and others (oh, do they see it better than me) see that very clear in real life. Just not here. I'm more "to the point" with everything here. Again, barriers.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And Sensors vs. Intuitives is Practicality vs. Theoretical

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION]

I really believe in looking into cognitive functions when you're having a hard time with your type.
Here are descriptions of the 8 functions. Try to compare Ni/Ne, Si/Se, Fi/Fe and Ti/Te.

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/

I'd read up and try to honestly assess which one or two or three really stick out to you, and use that to start.

Do you feel strongly that you're an introvert?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=18819]nicolita[/MENTION]
Introvert in about as in like 70% of my life. Think a lot, sometimes can speak slowly. If I don't think and take time, sometimes I don't make sense. And huge groups just drain me like crazy, although one on one I feel like I can go on for forever. So more like an ambivert I always see myself as, but if I had to decide, it's introvert.

Last edited:

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=18819]nicolita[/MENTION]
Introvert in about as in like 70% of my life. Think a lot, sometimes can speak slowly. If I don't think and take time, sometimes I don't make sense. And huge groups just drain me like crazy, although one on one I feel like I can go on for forever. So more like an ambivert I always see myself as, but if I had to decide, it's introvert.

Alright, cool. I feel like that's usually something that a person's own instinct is best on. That's good to use as info when putting your puzzle together too.

I still encourage you to look into the functions to help you narrow it down more. It's a little more precise to think about the theory first and then apply it to yourself second rather than describe yourself and try to fit that into a type from my POV. If you already know about them though, or aren't interested in that, that's totally cool too. That's just the approach I'd take if I were in your situation :shrug: