User Tag List

First 1234 Last

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Sorry @Forever I just know I'd get a totally different vibe from you if you were truly an INFJ. (Especially if you were a healthy example of one).

@Saudade

Well, sorry. Again, I can retake another test, reread other profiles and such.. however I may need to be guided in the right direction (like make me look at certain words more). If you truly don't think I am one.

(got this from another forum)

A healthy INFJ:

• You care how you come across to people.
    • You consider other people's input and try to understand their point of view.
    • You avoid obsessing over unimportant details that don't contribute to a common goal. (in group work situations)
    • You judge other people to the same degree as you judge yourself, your usefulness to society, etc.
    • You have reasonable expectations of others.
    • You tolerate weaknesses in other people.
    • You don't believe you're always right.
    • You practice effective ways to relax and unwind.
    • You forgive people and release grudges, regularly.
    • You look for the good that you see in other people.
    • You inform others that you when you require more time than expected to make decisions.
    • You communicate your thoughts to other people.
    • You keep in mind the big picture.
    • You collect all relevant information before you come to a conclusion.
    • You dwell on the sunny side of life.

This all makes sense to me? Haha. I can commentate again. :O
    Last edited by Forever; 10-23-2013 at 02:44 PM. Reason: added Healthy INFJ options

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    @Saudade
    Okay, if you stereotyping me based on my religion, ESFJ sounds like a whole ton of sense. But, I disagree when it comes to myself..

Let's talk each letter out:

E - I'm an introvert and online I can highly be mistaken for an extrovert. It's easy to speak with the barrier out here. You can't judge on this because you never seen me in real life. I am quiet in large groups and I am quite mature around everyone, although I can be silly sometimes. Also, aren't INFJ's more mistaken as extroverts?

S - Sensor's tend to see a black and white picture to everything and tend to "uphold" tradition. If you're thinking I am an S because my religion holds to a lot of old-fashioned values, I can only trust it because the spirit confirms it, for the majority of my life, I saw so many paths and roads to everything that this leads me to here. I believe there are more "grays" and I don't get along with many of the "traditional" Utah grown members, but because since I'm on a mission, I've learned to adapt to others. I have a very difficult time being with the majority of my companions.

F - I love feelings in theory and I sometimes can be very compassionate to others, but sometimes but I let my Ti take over a lot because of the friends I grew up with, always skepticals about everything and the falsities I have found by my feelings has led me thinking more on Ti pointing towards a 5 wing.

J - I'm a very weak judger, but I get highly irritated when plans aren't my way.

I have a hard time with speech in real life because my head is in a slough of thoughts. I feel like I'm liked but always rejected at the same time.

I shouldn't have to hide who I am to conform to a type to be properly known as an INFJ. INFJ's tend to have masks on too on any personality type. I'm also in the healthier levels than others here. I'm not so interested in death as much anymore haha.

I am a four because I like doing everything my own way, and I don't like most leaders telling me what to do. Plus I never had on my tests anywhere on the lower numbers of the enneagram.
    @Honor Would you like to petition why I am an ENFP?
    The fact that you clearly don't have a clue when it comes to what being a "Sensor" means... tells me you don't have the tools you need to adequately bake your type cake.

Also, I never have seen an INFJ vibe from you either. You are somewhere in the SiNe spectrum.

Well, I don't know what a "sensor" is then, thanks. I focus on developing mainly on who I am and I've read others briefly and a common pattern with "S's" is tradition.

Okay what is the "INFJ" vibe that is everyone is talking about? I don't see that every INFJ needs to act the same. That sounds ridiculous, especially most of them being a type 4. SiNe is more of an ISTJ and I am not one, they're pretty much their opposites and some INFJ's and ISTJ's just cannot get along if they don't work something out together.

Everyone keeps telling me by "feeling." If someone wants to educate me that's fine, but to be simply labeled some other type without no explanation is just not cool.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Okay what is the "INFJ" vibe that is everyone is talking about?
    I think @superunknown said it best: "delightfully strange".

Haha. Okay. Well, I and others (oh, do they see it better than me) see that very clear in real life. Just not here. I'm more "to the point" with everything here. Again, barriers.

And Sensors vs. Intuitives is Practicality vs. Theoretical

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

@Forever

I really believe in looking into cognitive functions when you're having a hard time with your type.
    Here are descriptions of the 8 functions. Try to compare Ni/Ne, Si/Se, Fi/Fe and Ti/Te.

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/

I'd read up and try to honestly assess which one or two or three really stick out to you, and use that to start.

Do you feel strongly that you're an introvert?
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

@nicolita
    Introvert in about as in like 70% of my life. Think a lot, sometimes can speak slowly. If I don't think and take time, sometimes I don't make sense. And huge groups just drain me like crazy, although one on one I feel like I can go on for forever. So more like an ambivert I always see myself as, but if I had to decide, it's introvert.
    Last edited by Forever; 10-25-2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: needed to mention her. :)

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

@nicolita
    Introvert in about as in like 70% of my life. Think a lot, sometimes can speak slowly. If I don't think and take time, sometimes I don't make sense. And huge groups just drain me like crazy, although one on one I feel like I can go on for forever. So more like an ambivert I always see myself as, but if I had to decide, it's introvert.
    Alright, cool. I feel like that's usually something that a person's own instinct is best on. That's good to use as info when putting your puzzle together too.

I still encourage you to look into the functions to help you narrow it down more. It's a little more precise to think about the theory first and then apply it to yourself second rather than describe yourself and try to fit that into a type from my POV. If you already know about them though, or aren't interested in that, that's totally cool too. That's just the approach I'd take if I were in your situation
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.