User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default How much do 6's personalities change when you take drugs or alcohol?

Fellow enneagram 6's: How much do your personalities change when you take drugs or alcohol? I think that enneagram 6's personalities change the most of any other type when they are under the influence of drugs. Personally, I have been prescribed Xanax in the past, and when I did I became a completely different person. I was much more calm, cool, and collect. I also didn't seem quite as reactive and as nervous either. I also didn't question myself as much. I took a lot more risks as well, and didn't really worry about things. In fact, I was almost like a wild child when I was on xanax. I almost go 7w6 on xanax. Then, on alcohol, I become very counter-phobic and almost turn into a 7w8. I just don't give a shit about anything. To tell the truth, I have to be very careful about drinking alcohol because I could easily get arrested when I'm drunk if I am not careful. Finally back when I smoked pot, I tended to become like a 9w8 and was very gut center and was very carefree as well. However, I was more calm when I was on pot, and was very carefree but wasn't crazily-counterphobic like I was when I drank alcohol.

So fellow 6's do you notice that your personalities change a lot when you take drugs or alcohol?

Stansmith

Weed turns me into a 9w1, alcohol turns me into a relatively loud 6w7.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Weed turns me into a 9w1, alcohol turns me into a relatively loud 6w7.
    Do you find that because drugs turn off the anxiety for you, that you have a constant temptation to use them?

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Do you find that because drugs turn off the anxiety for you, that you have a constant temptation to use them?
    Not really.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Not really.
    Well I damn sure do.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I don't do drugs with unpredictable qualities taken without a doctor's supervision. I respond quickly to any kind of mood-altering anything. I don't presently know anyone I would get drunk in front of if I could drink (I get that red in the face reaction, which is unpleasant to me), pot most often makes me paranoid.

It surprises me that 6 people would do street drugs and alcohol. I guess not everybody thinks to go to a psychiatrist and get something prescription for anxiety, etc.? And even better, something precise, that it's known exactly what it's doing and to what, in your body, and the dosage is predictable and so on?

Yeah -- what I'm saying is, THAT'S NOT SAFE.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I don't do drugs with unpredictable qualities taken without a doctor's supervision. I respond quickly to any kind of mood-altering anything. I don't presently know anyone I would get drunk in front of if I could drink (I get that red in the face reaction, which is unpleasant to me), pot most often makes me paranoid.

It surprises me that 6 people would do street drugs and alcohol. I guess not everybody thinks to go to a psychiatrist and get something prescription for anxiety, etc.? And even better, something precise, that it's known exactly what it's doing and to what, in your body, and the dosage is predictable and so on?

Yeah -- what I'm saying is, THAT'S NOT SAFE.
    Well for that matter, it's not really that safe to get the drugs from a psychiatrist either. They have an idea of what some of the side effects may be, but they really have no idea how the drugs are going to effect you. I've taken drugs that turned me into a raging maniac, and hell I've even taken drugs that gave me uncontrollable panick attacks as well. Taking drugs from a psychiatrist is still a role of the dice.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I've never used illegal drugs, but I love alcohol. It's a quick way to calm me down, and it's nice to not have so much anxiety and not to second guess myself to death. I'm concerned that I could easily become an alcoholic if I let myself, so I'm cautious about how often I drink it. But I've gotten into the habit of doing a shot before needing to do something especially nerve-wracking. I've found that if I calm down, things go a lot better in all ways.

As for getting drugs from a psychiatrist...

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Well for that matter, it's not really that safe to get the drugs from a psychiatrist either. They have an idea of what some of the side effects may be, but they really have no idea how the drugs are going to effect you. I've taken drugs that turned me into a raging maniac, and hell I've even taken drugs that gave me uncontrollable panick attacks as well. Taking drugs from a psychiatrist is still a role of the dice.
    This. Also, Xanax knocks me out, even at half the lowest dose. I could use it to help me sleep or to avoid a panic attack, but not much else.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."--Ambrose Redmoon

. . . metamorphosing . . .

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Xanax is not the only thing available, by a long shot.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I don't do hard drugs. I don't have a curiosity for it. Weed and shrooms make me relax, laugh, etc. I have no adverse effects and prefer them to alcohol. Alcohol elicits the most differences in mood and mainly it makes me more sensitive emotionally. I don't like that so I don't drink to excess much.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance