• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] How much do 6's personalities change when you take drugs or alcohol?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Fellow enneagram 6's: How much do your personalities change when you take drugs or alcohol? I think that enneagram 6's personalities change the most of any other type when they are under the influence of drugs. Personally, I have been prescribed Xanax in the past, and when I did I became a completely different person. I was much more calm, cool, and collect. I also didn't seem quite as reactive and as nervous either. I also didn't question myself as much. I took a lot more risks as well, and didn't really worry about things. In fact, I was almost like a wild child when I was on xanax. I almost go 7w6 on xanax. Then, on alcohol, I become very counter-phobic and almost turn into a 7w8. I just don't give a shit about anything. To tell the truth, I have to be very careful about drinking alcohol because I could easily get arrested when I'm drunk if I am not careful. Finally back when I smoked pot, I tended to become like a 9w8 and was very gut center and was very carefree as well. However, I was more calm when I was on pot, and was very carefree but wasn't crazily-counterphobic like I was when I drank alcohol.

So fellow 6's do you notice that your personalities change a lot when you take drugs or alcohol?

S

Stansmith

Weed turns me into a 9w1, alcohol turns me into a relatively loud 6w7.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't do drugs with unpredictable qualities taken without a doctor's supervision. I respond quickly to any kind of mood-altering anything. I don't presently know anyone I would get drunk in front of if I could drink (I get that red in the face reaction, which is unpleasant to me), pot most often makes me paranoid.

It surprises me that 6 people would do street drugs and alcohol. I guess not everybody thinks to go to a psychiatrist and get something prescription for anxiety, etc.? And even better, something precise, that it's known exactly what it's doing and to what, in your body, and the dosage is predictable and so on?

Yeah -- what I'm saying is, THAT'S NOT SAFE.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I don't do drugs with unpredictable qualities taken without a doctor's supervision. I respond quickly to any kind of mood-altering anything. I don't presently know anyone I would get drunk in front of if I could drink (I get that red in the face reaction, which is unpleasant to me), pot most often makes me paranoid.

It surprises me that 6 people would do street drugs and alcohol. I guess not everybody thinks to go to a psychiatrist and get something prescription for anxiety, etc.? And even better, something precise, that it's known exactly what it's doing and to what, in your body, and the dosage is predictable and so on?

Yeah -- what I'm saying is, THAT'S NOT SAFE.

Well for that matter, it's not really that safe to get the drugs from a psychiatrist either. They have an idea of what some of the side effects may be, but they really have no idea how the drugs are going to effect you. I've taken drugs that turned me into a raging maniac, and hell I've even taken drugs that gave me uncontrollable panick attacks as well. Taking drugs from a psychiatrist is still a role of the dice.

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've never used illegal drugs, but I love alcohol. It's a quick way to calm me down, and it's nice to not have so much anxiety and not to second guess myself to death. I'm concerned that I could easily become an alcoholic if I let myself, so I'm cautious about how often I drink it. But I've gotten into the habit of doing a shot before needing to do something especially nerve-wracking. I've found that if I calm down, things go a lot better in all ways.

As for getting drugs from a psychiatrist...

Well for that matter, it's not really that safe to get the drugs from a psychiatrist either. They have an idea of what some of the side effects may be, but they really have no idea how the drugs are going to effect you. I've taken drugs that turned me into a raging maniac, and hell I've even taken drugs that gave me uncontrollable panick attacks as well. Taking drugs from a psychiatrist is still a role of the dice.

This. Also, Xanax knocks me out, even at half the lowest dose. I could use it to help me sleep or to avoid a panic attack, but not much else.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Xanax is not the only thing available, by a long shot.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't do hard drugs. I don't have a curiosity for it. Weed and shrooms make me relax, laugh, etc. I have no adverse effects and prefer them to alcohol. Alcohol elicits the most differences in mood and mainly it makes me more sensitive emotionally. I don't like that so I don't drink to excess much.

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've heard from many people that Xanax is one of the least potent anti-anxiety drugs, so that makes me think any other ones would just knock me out even more.

Also, based on my experience and the experiences of those around me, plus all the articles and books I've read (written by doctors) about these drugs, I do not consider psychiatric drugs to be something I can take with a sense of safety and security. Among other reasons, every person is different and will react to drugs differently; plus drug companies make a lot of money off of them and can manipulate the system to have doctors prescribe their products even when the companies know that they do more harm than good. To be clear, I'm not saying all psychiatric drugs should never be taken; I know they can sometimes help people. I'm just saying I don't agree that they're reliable and safe.

Basically, whenever you put something into your body, you're taking a gamble.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have one 6w7 friend and one 6w5 friend. When the 6w7 friend drinks, he turns out into contraphobic extremly loud and out of control 6 and when the 6w5 friend drinks she turns into contraphobic, loud, extremly emotional and unstable 6.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've heard from many people that Xanax is one of the least potent anti-anxiety drugs, so that makes me think any other ones would just knock me out even more.

Also, based on my experience and the experiences of those around me, plus all the articles and books I've read (written by doctors) about these drugs, I do not consider psychiatric drugs to be something I can take with a sense of safety and security. Among other reasons, every person is different and will react to drugs differently; plus drug companies make a lot of money off of them and can manipulate the system to have doctors prescribe their products even when the companies know that they do more harm than good. To be clear, I'm not saying all psychiatric drugs should never be taken; I know they can sometimes help people. I'm just saying I don't agree that they're reliable and safe.

Basically, whenever you put something into your body, you're taking a gamble.

I think you don't want to investigate prescriptions, and that's fine. But I'd prefer to take something that's a known thing, from a known lab, prescribed and monitored by a doctor, rather than some shit I bought on the street, is all I'm saying.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=12341]SubtleFighter[/MENTION]

I've never used illegal drugs, but I love alcohol. It's a quick way to calm me down, and it's nice to not have so much anxiety and not to second guess myself to death. I'm concerned that I could easily become an alcoholic if I let myself, so I'm cautious about how often I drink it. But I've gotten into the habit of doing a shot before needing to do something especially nerve-wracking. I've found that if I calm down, things go a lot better in all ways.

I can't drink much alcohol, and if I do, I have to drink it in a controlled setting. Alcohol turns me completely counter-phobic and I am batshit crazy on it. Right now I've started smoking and I am smoking like a chimney lately in order to calm myself down. I am trying to quit the cigs, but nothing else is calming me down.

Also, Xanax knocks me out, even at half the lowest dose. I could use it to help me sleep or to avoid a panic attack, but not much else.

Xanax works like a charm for me, but I have to pull teeth to get it prescribed. The psychiatrists just won't prescribe it, because they constantly think that I will abuse it or that I will sell it because of my age.
[MENTION=5723]Tiltyred[/MENTION]

Xanax is not the only thing available, by a long shot.

Well it's the only thing that works for me without debilitating side effects. I went and saw psychiatrists for years and each time they told me, "You just have to kkeep trying more meds, and one will eventually work." However, none of them ever worked, and if they did, the side effects that they gave me were worse tthan the anxiety and mania, so I just said, "Fuck it" and stopped taking the meds. The meds suck for the most part.