User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I've heard from many people that Xanax is one of the least potent anti-anxiety drugs, so that makes me think any other ones would just knock me out even more.

Also, based on my experience and the experiences of those around me, plus all the articles and books I've read (written by doctors) about these drugs, I do not consider psychiatric drugs to be something I can take with a sense of safety and security. Among other reasons, every person is different and will react to drugs differently; plus drug companies make a lot of money off of them and can manipulate the system to have doctors prescribe their products even when the companies know that they do more harm than good. To be clear, I'm not saying all psychiatric drugs should never be taken; I know they can sometimes help people. I'm just saying I don't agree that they're reliable and safe.

Basically, whenever you put something into your body, you're taking a gamble.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."--Ambrose Redmoon

. . . metamorphosing . . .

I have one 6w7 friend and one 6w5 friend. When the 6w7 friend drinks, he turns out into contraphobic extremly loud and out of control 6 and when the 6w5 friend drinks she turns into contraphobic, loud, extremly emotional and unstable 6.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by SubtleFighter View Post
    I've heard from many people that Xanax is one of the least potent anti-anxiety drugs, so that makes me think any other ones would just knock me out even more.

Also, based on my experience and the experiences of those around me, plus all the articles and books I've read (written by doctors) about these drugs, I do not consider psychiatric drugs to be something I can take with a sense of safety and security. Among other reasons, every person is different and will react to drugs differently; plus drug companies make a lot of money off of them and can manipulate the system to have doctors prescribe their products even when the companies know that they do more harm than good. To be clear, I'm not saying all psychiatric drugs should never be taken; I know they can sometimes help people. I'm just saying I don't agree that they're reliable and safe.

Basically, whenever you put something into your body, you're taking a gamble.
    I think you don't want to investigate prescriptions, and that's fine. But I'd prefer to take something that's a known thing, from a known lab, prescribed and monitored by a doctor, rather than some shit I bought on the street, is all I'm saying.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@SubtleFighter

I've never used illegal drugs, but I love alcohol. It's a quick way to calm me down, and it's nice to not have so much anxiety and not to second guess myself to death. I'm concerned that I could easily become an alcoholic if I let myself, so I'm cautious about how often I drink it. But I've gotten into the habit of doing a shot before needing to do something especially nerve-wracking. I've found that if I calm down, things go a lot better in all ways.
    I can't drink much alcohol, and if I do, I have to drink it in a controlled setting. Alcohol turns me completely counter-phobic and I am batshit crazy on it. Right now I've started smoking and I am smoking like a chimney lately in order to calm myself down. I am trying to quit the cigs, but nothing else is calming me down.

Also, Xanax knocks me out, even at half the lowest dose. I could use it to help me sleep or to avoid a panic attack, but not much else.
    Xanax works like a charm for me, but I have to pull teeth to get it prescribed. The psychiatrists just won't prescribe it, because they constantly think that I will abuse it or that I will sell it because of my age.

@Tiltyred

Xanax is not the only thing available, by a long shot.
    Well it's the only thing that works for me without debilitating side effects. I went and saw psychiatrists for years and each time they told me, "You just have to kkeep trying more meds, and one will eventually work." However, none of them ever worked, and if they did, the side effects that they gave me were worse tthan the anxiety and mania, so I just said, "Fuck it" and stopped taking the meds. The meds suck for the most part.