• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] The Wisdom of the Enneagram Seven

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ELI5 integration to 5?

How does it feeeeeel?

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ELI5 integration to 5?

How does it feeeeeel?

In theory: first you stop running, then you introspect over the gigantic clusterfuck that has been your existence. A process that will cut the wheat from the chaff, leaving you with insights as to who you are, and who you might become. A clear line of goals, of the events, and things that will actually mean something.

TLDR stepping off the merry go round, and taking one shaky step after another forward.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have no wisdom to share. Only a little bit of trash.

A Question. What Does E7 and Spongebob Hentai Have In Common?
Good fucking question. Ask google because it's the one suggesting these things.
Better yet, ask Tumblr because it's the one hosting these things.

A Thing. I was recently notified of my tendency to leave trails of sleaze in my wake. I apologize if, in my ignorance, I have brought any inconvenience to you and others. I am in the process of treating this disreputable leak of mine but it is a slow going process. I ask that you all be patient going forward. There is quite a bit of backup, you see.

I thank you for your understanding.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
7 meets an INTJ.

Life will break you.

That is quite an assumption you got there.

Nobody can protect you from that.

Yeah people eventually die but if you preserve yourself well and hang out with right people your chances for good and long life will be greatly increased.

And living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning.

Ok, this is true I suppose but I see no need to say this in a so emotional fashion, especially since this so common knowledge.

You have to love. You have to feel.

Mom !? Is that you ?

It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart.

Risk ? I would reather study the situation, make a plan and get what I really want.

You are here to be swallowed up.

Drama. :rolls eyes:

And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near

Honstly ? In such cases I simply switch into plan B,C,D or whatever in my planned out life and then I use my supplies in reserve to fix myself back into fully functional person.

let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps

Gravity is already discovered, there is no need to go through that one again.

Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.

I just did, can we now talk about something more serious ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
What exactly are you in this thread for?

I understand that was a naughty post to make but I guess that I had e7 moment and I do not want ot have regrets about missed opportunities. (I am not joking)

I have rationalized making of that post with "sharing a perspective and making a joke". However the truth is that I am trully cynical/serious enough to think from time to time what I just wrote. :)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I understand that was a naughty post to make but I guess that I had e7 moment and I do not want ot have regrets about missed opportunities. (I am not joking)

You didn't want to miss the opportunity...to strike down everything Starry said? :thinking:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
You didn't want to miss the opportunity...to strike down everything Starry said? :thinking:

Yes, from what I know this is a NTJ thing. Disagreement can even be a sign of liking since othervise we would just ignore the other person.
The moment I saw the post I had a vision of what to do with it and I just could not resist in not typing that, I am struggling for some time trying not to type this but I just could not resist.

Also I do not see it as striking down since her original version is still in the first post and it did not lose any value because of what I did.
For me this was a joke but I can see how someone else would not see it as a joke.

Starry

7 meets an INTJ.

Dad? What? what are you...?

(god damn it, I knew I should have built a request that there be no INTJ humor in this thread into the OP but... it's just like they say about hindsight...)

:wink:

That is quite an assumption you got there.

By 'assumption' do you mean expectation? What would that look like in your opinion VG? - A person that lived their life believing that at any moment Life might take its toll?

Yeah people eventually die but if you preserve yourself well and hang out with right people your chances for good and long life will be greatly increased.

Risk ? I would reather study the situation, make a plan and get what I really want.

Honstly ? In such cases I simply switch into plan B,C,D or whatever in my planned out life and then I use my supplies in reserve to fix myself back into fully functional person.

Hmmm...planning...but of a practical nature. This is helpful...thank you. *makes a mental note. forgets 2 seconds later*

Ok, this is true I suppose but I see no need to say this in a so emotional fashion, especially since this so common knowledge.

It was the word "yearning" wasn't it? I knew it. stupid ass emo word.

Gravity is already discovered, there is no need to go through that one again.

25e58f24ce44c95760c84ec9d24346c36d8e4f3a44b2ad08f6cd685c70231717.jpg

I just did, can we now talk about something more serious ?

Sure. This was way too lighthearted for me as well. :wink:

I have a hunch you may not have understood the spirit with which that original quote was posted...

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Dad? What? what are you...?

(god damn it, I knew I should have built a request that there be no INTJ humor in this thread into the OP but... it's just like they say about hindsight...)

I have a hunch you may not have understood the spirit with which that original quote was posted...

I am what I said: INTJ that meets the 7s. :)

To be honest I believe that I understand pretty well about what this thread is actually about and that is why I didn't want to originally post my sarcastic answer. However since I see the thread constantly I simply did not want to keep it in myself any more and therefore I have used the so called INTJ humor even if that is not trully the right reaction to the OP. I get the same need about many other threads as well but I manage to hide my desire untill they pass.

Starry

To be honest I believe that I understand pretty well about what this thread is actually about and that is why I didn't want to originally post my sarcastic answer. However since I see the thread constantly I simply did not want to keep it in myself any more and therefore I have used the so called INTJ humor even if that is not trully the right reaction to the OP. I get the same need about many other threads as well but I manage to hide my desire untill they pass.

Even though you were just being sarcastic...the fact you are an e5 makes your sarcasm relevant to me and quite possibly something of value as it pertains to the nature of this thread. And while I (now) wonder if you noticed it or not...I was asking you a serious question when I said: "What would that look like in your opinion?" What type of behavior would you expect to see out of a person that lived with the assumption life would eventually break them?

^I realize it is an odd question but if you have an answer I'd like to hear it.

Permabanned

Clearly mistyped e653.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Even though you were just being sarcastic...the fact you are an e5 makes your sarcasm relevant to me and quite possibly something of value as it pertains to the nature of this thread. And while I (now) wonder if you noticed it or not...I was asking you a serious question when I said: "What would that look like in your opinion?" What type of behavior would you expect to see out of a person that lived with the assumption life would eventually break them?

^I realize it is an odd question but if you have an answer I'd like to hear it.

I saw the question but your post was so scattered that I did not take the question as something fully genuine. It could have been sarcasm or something.

To be honest I am from a country where culture is very 7ish. Nothing is build to last, there is no master plan, laws are not enforced, crossing the street on red light is national sport, .... complete mess. Also I am currently living in the city where major has made about 170 affairs over the years and no one really cares about this. The guy is running the city as nothing happnens and wins every elections because here people think that if you manage to escape the rule of law that you are competent leader that does not take shit from no one. While the fact that mafia runs the city does not concern people .... since life will brake as all in the end anyway. Here it can also happnen that someone builds a house on your land and then you will not be able to remove him from there (especialy since there is no clear registers of land), no one really cares about copyright, high school kids can buy alcohol at any time, you can take a university class but it will turn up that there is no lecturer assigned to the class ... so you will be doing nothing for months in that regard. You can even get a speeding ticked and not pay it since there is no register of such misbehaviour. However this came to public knowledge and people in mass started not to pay and therefore authorities made a rule that if you play on spot you have to play only half of price, so that they at least get some money. It seems that they were just too stupid do create the registry for this. In this county it is noraml that court case lasts for 5 years, in some cases this can even go over 20 years because there is no need to rush things. Also there is a fact that here people constantly do things without thinking things through, the one obvious example of this is the fact that here taxes are totally out of control. For example tax on gas is about 110%.

I mean the randomness of this place is so great that I can write the whole book about it.
However despite all of this many of my childhood traumas came from my ADHD 7w6 ENFP mother that is out of control most of time and sucks at time managment completely. (she even droped out of university almost at the end because she wanted to do something else) Also I had pretty good e7 friends that have all in one point decided to self destruct in some way in the name of fun and none existant future. However since I could not follow them there the connection has suffered damage.

Over the last 100 years my country has changed quite a number of political systems: First it was a part of large empire that collapsed in WW1, after that it was corrupt constitutional monarchy that was so lousy that some "enthusiasts" have even killed the king, soon after that WW2 came and we became Nazi collaborationist state. However even that war came to its end and since Communists defeated the Nazi ideology we became a part of Communist federation. However our Communist did not want to take orders from Moscow so we became a rough Communist state. After a few decades of that people were tired od Communism and that ended with the largest and bloodiest war in Europe after WW2. However in the end we managed to join EU in 2013 after very long negotiations and just as we came in the EU the union started to fall apart in rapid rate. What is ironic since every system or ideology that touches this cursed random land fall apart. Basically this place did not see permament stability since the collapse of Roman Empire and that was quite long ago. Also I would dare to mention that ever the last 100 years we have changed 6 currencies (in the case I did not overlook something). When I was in kindergarten age our economy was so much in toliet that I was already a trillionare at that age.

The reason why I did to your post what I did is because it reminds me of my living environment too much and my whole life I have to deal with shit since no one wants to stabilize the system, so that we live normally. Actually I want to help people to stabilize the whole situation but no one is really interested because "life will brake as all in the end". The problem is that if you are constantly in belief that the life will brake you the odds are that this will indeed happen because you will not have the will to stabilize. Until one day you will fall into shit out of which you will not be able to get up.

Therefore I became e5 person in order to preserve my energy and resources since I just can't stand auto destructive nature of my e7 country. What means that I am more and more sure that in the end I will have to emmigrate from this place. To tell you another truth: it is not even impossible that I am mistyped and that 5w6 and 1w9 in my tritype should switch places, however I have to live as 5 in order not to go crazy as all the people around me did. I have build very strong shields against my environment and therefore I have started to mistake myself for my shield.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I saw the question but your post was so scattered that I did not take the question as something fully genuine. It could have been sarcasm or something.

To be honest I am from a country where culture is very 7ish. Nothing is build to last, there is no master plan, laws are not enforced, crossing the street on red light is national sport, .... complete mess. Also I am currently living in the city where major has made about 170 affairs over the years and no one really cares about this. The guy is running the city as nothing happnens and wins every elections because here people think that if you manage to escape the rule of law that you are competent leader that does not take shit from no one. While the fact that mafia runs the city does not concern people .... since life will brake as all in the end anyway. Here it can also happnen that someone builds a house on your land and then you will not be able to remove him from there (especialy since there is no clear registers of land), no one really cares about copyright, high school kids can buy alcohol at any time, you can take a university class but it will turn up that there is no lecturer assigned to the class ... so you will be doing nothing for months in that regard. You can even get a speeding ticked and not pay it since there is no register of such misbehaviour. However this came to public knowledge and people in mass started not to pay and therefore authorities made a rule that if you play on spot you have to play only half of price, so that they at least get some money. It seems that they were just too stupid do create the registry for this. In this county it is noraml that court case lasts for 5 years, in some cases this can even go over 20 years because there is no need to rush things. Also there is a fact that here people constantly do things without thinking things through, the one obvious example of this is the fact that here taxes are totally out of control. For example tax on gas is about 110%.

I mean the randomness of this place is so great that I can write the whole book about it.
However despite all of this many of my childhood traumas came from my ADHD 7w6 ENFP mother that is out of control most of time and sucks at time managment completely. (she even droped out of university almost at the end because she wanted to do something else) Also I had pretty good e7 friends that have all in one point decided to self destruct in some way in the name of fun and none existant future. However since I could not follow them there the connection has suffered damage.

Over the last 100 years my country has changed quite a number of political systems: First it was a part of large empire that collapsed in WW1, after that it was corrupt constitutional monarchy that was so lousy that some "enthusiasts" have even killed the king, soon after that WW2 came and we became Nazi collaborationist state. However even that war came to its end and since Communists defeated the Nazi ideology we became a part of Communist federation. However our Communist did not want to take orders from Moscow so we became a rough Communist state. After a few decades of that people were tired od Communism and that ended with the largest and bloodiest war in Europe after WW2. However in the end we managed to join EU in 2013 after very long negotiations and just as we came in the EU the union started to fall apart in rapid rate. What is ironic since every system or ideology that touches this cursed random land fall apart. Basically this place did not see permament stability since the collapse of Roman Empire and that was quite long ago. Also I would dare to mention that ever the last 100 years we have changed 6 currencies (in the case I did not overlook something). When I was in kindergarten age our economy was so much in toliet that I was already a trillionare at that age.

The reason why I did to your post what I did is because it reminds me of my living environment too much and my whole life I have to deal with shit since no one wants to stabilize the system, so that we live normally. Actually I want to help people to stabilize the whole situation but no one is really interested because "life will brake as all in the end". The problem is that if you are constantly in belief that the life will brake you the odds are that this will indeed happen because you will not have the will to stabilize. Until one day you will fall into shit out of which you will not be able to get up.

Therefore I became e5 person in order to preserve my energy and resources since I just can't stand auto destructive nature of my e7 country. What means that I am more and more sure that in the end I will have to emmigrate from this place. To tell you another truth: it is not even impossible that I am mistyped and that 5w6 and 1w9 in my tritype should switch places, however I have to live as 5 in order not to go crazy as all the people around me did. I have build very strong shields against my environment and therefore I have started to mistake myself for my shield.

you are putting the blame on the wrong idea.

Blame history and culture, not the vague idea of personality types and ennegram.

If you dont like where you live, either leave or do something about it. Sarcasm only can take you so far.

sorry I simplified your problem with a simple solution.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
you are putting the blame on the wrong idea.

Blame history and culture, not the vague idea of personality types and ennegram.

If you dont like where you live, either leave or do something about it. Sarcasm only can take you so far.

sorry I simplified your problem with a simple solution.

But I am blaming history and culture that came out of it ?

The only argument I am really saying is that history and culture has led this place into situation that fits very nicely into unhealthy e7 box. Starry wanted my thought on unhealthy e7 and she got the profile of entire society since I though "Why shouldn't I to rise this on big picture level? After all I have good story to tell). The problem is that majority has become self righterous in their randomness and we can't brake the circle out of this state of mind. However if I say something to people I am accused of being a dictator, especially since over the years I have become antifun person. (and I do not like that to be honest)

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But I am blaming history and culture that came out of it ?

The only argument I am really saying is that history and culture has led this place into situation that fits very nicely into unhealthy e7 box. Starry wanted my thought on unhealthy e7 and she got the profile of entire society since I though "Why shouldn't I to rise this on big picture level? After all I have good story to tell). The problem is that majority has become self righterous in their randomness and we can't brake the circle out of this state of mind. However if I say something to people I am accused of being a dictator, especially since over the years I have become antifun person. (and I do not like that to be honest)

honestly, I agree. Sorry to have misread your argument. Carry on.

Kas

Fabula rasa
It's actually interesting what is happening in here last days. Still I miss usual thread wisdom. I'm a fan.

Duffy

This just seems like a big pat on the back self congratulatory ass kissing thread. Some things on e7, based on people I know:

-Inability to sit with emotions and allow vulnerability. By that I don't mean they don't feel sad. They can be very sad, and even vocal about their sadness (I'm thinking about a few bipolar-esque individuals I know). Rather, I mean there's always this undercurrent of movement (escapism & positive reframing, which shouldn't be confused with literal positivity) to undermine a perceived stagnation, perhaps unconscious. An emphasis on "sit" here. Disintegration to 5 solves that.

-Which leads me to this: They are quick to say or give the impression that they "get it" and yes in a way they get it, conceptually they do, but I sense denseness here. It hard to describe. They are quick to sympathize, but there's a lack of actual empathy I think. Reading some responses in this thread, that's what I'm getting. A quickness to reveal they "get it" but the language is veiled with fancy dressing that doesn't amount to anything but fluff.

-I have observed something similar with 6w7s, except it may be even more obvious with 6w7s because there's more of a desire to fit in and be likable. So they overemphasize their cuteness and lightness, so as not to encroach on anyone's ego, because doing so will mean exile. So 7s vibe a bit more cerebral to me because there is obviousness here. Also, I think many 7w6s are actually 6w7s. Type 7 don't really try to be light or happy or whatever. That's actually a problem for them in that others tend to view them as more inviting and happy than they really are. A 7 friend once complained to me about how others keep wanting to strike up a conversation with him, even though he's not in a good mood and don't give a fuck. I lol'd because I have the opposite problem.

Instead of the Enthusiast, my title for type 7 would be The Whore of Babylon. I think it fitting with their ability to slut it up (both literal & metaphor) in various aspects of life.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fun fact: The last three digits of my phone number are my tritype.