• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] The Wisdom of the Enneagram Seven

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There's never been any doubt in my mind that you're a 7 and like I mentioned to you following the creation of your enneagram thread that I was actually surprised to learn you were legitimately undecided and not merely doing the e7 "let's talk about possibilities for interest, education, creation and entertainment."

Now, I've been handing out tritype descriptions/outlines merely because I had noticed my copying & pasting skills were getting a little rusty...bless but the thought I had with yours...is you might be one of the few that lands their core type by coming in through the back door.bless <-Or, said in a way that actually makes sense...I was hoping the description of the Ambassador would help you expand your currently narrow understanding of "how a 7 must look, feel and act like"bless beyond the greek sun god Halla.

So you think I am a 7-9-3? Yeah I am cool with those three letters.

Another thing that sometimes helps individuals in your position is to take a break from some of the over-arching concepts and merely catch and consider the little clues when they present themselves.bless Which is precisely why I pulled the above quote over from the Member Photos thread.

That quote riva is classic e7...and is precisely why the word "playful" can be found in nearly all 7 descriptions...especially descriptions of the notoriously playful 7w8.bless What makes it a valuable clue however...is that it is simultaneously something that would be highly unusual for a core e9 to say.
As insignificant as this tiny joke may seem to you...do not take for granted all of what needs to be in place within a person's psyche prior to this tiny joke taking its form.bless For the most part 7s feel good about themselves *I'm So Cute!*...and they feel good about others.bless They also generally assume others feel relatively good about themselves as well.bless <-And that's the foundation for "playful" riva.bless When everyone feels good...jokes towards self and others are entertaining and pose no threat to anyone's ego because no one actually takes any of these playful jokes seriously - it's all in fun.bless Now, due to the fact most 7s self-efface in equal amounts if not more than they joke with others...they do seem to have a high joke success rate.bless People seem to get that the dial is set to "playful"blessbless But I'm assuming you've pissed off a person or two in your time riva right?

Oh yeah. I've pissed quite a lot of people. Mainly online. IRL I can see the state of the person I am talking to and that person can see I am joking too and notice that I joke a shit ton anyway. I usually don't get people offended in RL. Also in my defense I don't knowingly make jokes at the expense of something which is bothering someone and acknowledge others' sensitivities and kinda admire people who are open and confident about their sensitive side, which is probably why I like/admire ENFJs. So I don't really run my mouth all the time and when running my mouth I know I can either get away with it and MOSTLY the other person will be cool with it. Online though body language they cannot see.

All what you have said about e7s I can relate to -

- I feel good about myself

- I assume others are feeling good about themselves too

- When everyone feels good...jokes towards self and others are entertaining and pose no threat to anyone's ego because no one actually takes any of these playful jokes seriously...... something I can see myself believing in.

Ps - I'm So Cute is supposed to be sarcastic. I hope people don't really believe that I believe I come across as someone sweet/cute. Lolz.

If you were conflict avoidant how likely do you think you would be to take these kinds of risks?bless I mean, the bottom line is this:bless it doesn't matter how playful you are or how cute.bless It doesn't matter how perfectly you gauged the situation and how innocently you executed your delivery...blessbless When you jokingly jab at another person...you are automatically causing an interpersonal/social situation that carries hidden within its effect a higher probability for potential conflict.bless And yet I see you do this all the time...why?bless Do you feel separate enough from the people around you that if a person takes something you've obviously said in fun the wrong way...that beyond a sincere apology there's not much you can do...bless that they need to be responsible for how others make them feel - not you?

It's rare to see 9s...even the more aggressive among them to...to joke in this kind of way.bless And it's not only the potential for conflict...it's the unpredictable quality of it all.

Even if we ignore the part of me that makes risky jokes I don't think I've ever felt or has been or claimed to be conflict avoidant. However, I am more diplomatic than conflictish for sure BUT through diplomacy I get into conflicts all the time. I can handle it. I am good with words. I can prove a point, except with CP 6s perhaps. Don't even waste your time I tell myself. Online it might be a bit harder to resolve conflicts by arguing or proving your point (you've probably noticed how arguments could be longer online.)

The question is, are 9s (esp 9w8s) so conflict avoidant as it is said? Do they not even take such silly risks? [MENTION=21883]sunyata[/MENTION] is a 9w8 (I think) and you often see him joking around too with a bit of risk and his ones are more dangerous as they carry sarcasm and satire which could offend people more. However I don't see other E9s doing that too much though. Infact it's very rare.

The last sentence 'Unpredictability avoidance' makes sense with 9s. I've read often they don't like change too much. Unpredictability of conversations I can handle. Obviously in life, it's not always the same. I am NOT counter arguing here with your point.

I dont feel removed from people enough to think a simple apology is enough. There really isnt much i can do other than sincerely apologize and make a mental note not to do that again with that person

In other words, when 9s create conflict they are deliberate in that.bless They know what they are doing.bless They are not doing the 7 *I wonder what would happen if I said this* no.bless Likewise, it is very, very rare to hear a core 9 self-efface (only 9w8s that I would identify as individuals making use of e6 counterphobia and so not you riva.)bless To the contrary as both 6 and 9 are connected to 3...it is often very subtle...but if you listen very closely you will hear them building themselves up which also reinforces the identity.

This whole para is a bit confusing.

Did you mean 'rare to hear a core 9 not self-efface?' This is the first time I learned the meaning of the word and I am using it in a sentence. Not clear what you are saying in that sentence and what is in the brackets.

Well I do deliberate conflict too. Did you mean to say when e9s take a risk they deliberate that rather than *I wonder how it goes*? I see myself doing both of that but mostly it's a risk.

Building themselves up in what scenario? arguments, conflicts, jokes etc. Perhaps e7s don't build things up you mean. They just jump right in any of those scenarios you mean. I can see myself doing both though.

I actually have a partially written response saved for you...somewhere...bless but I'm popping in here now because I fear I will forget to comment on this if I don't take care of this now.

Thank you for this. You are awesome. Did I ever tell you that :p.

----

I have been warming upto the idea of e7 for sometime now. And the points you made above made me think 'wow I am a 7.' Only a few things that stand in myself though -

- Not spontaneous

I am not a spontaneous guy. I am more planned in my actions even when I have fun. In conversations and when I am with people I am definitely spontaneous (especially in conversations) and definitely extroverted.

- Not the dude that drags people into doing things -

Have you noticed this in 7 esp 7w8s. They drag you out and make you do things in a day that someone hasn't done in a year. I am not that guy. 7w8s can make you feel as though you are a turtle. I don't.

- Not energetic -

I would never call myself the energetic dude. No way. Again in conversations I am but not physically.

- Inertia

This is a genuine problem of mine especially when I was younger. I would say e7s when younger are more active than when they are older. Whereas I am the opposite of that. Very inactive I was when I was young. Though I am active now my activities are planned. Not spontaneous.

Even though you made some awesome points above these are the main reasons I have e9 still at the back of my mind still, a bit. But right now I would say 7 > 9.

Last edited:

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What if.... not saying this is true or anything...but what if a 7 was unable to understand the game due to there being too many rules and subsequently didn't play...would that entirely hypothetical 7 still receive badass cred from you?

Well I do believe that would fall under the indifference category........... On top of which all manner of things are possible for those with intellectual Zen eyes.

[SUB]Plus you have yet to throw me out of the thread, despite not being a seven.:ninja:[/SUB]

Starry

Well I do believe that would fall under the indifference category........... On top of which all manner of things are possible for those with intellectual Zen eyes.

[SUB]Plus you have yet to throw me out of the thread, despite not being a seven.:ninja:[/SUB]

haha Umm...okay. I just spent 5 minutes (or more because I kinda lost track of time)... in 'OMG this is the coolest everland!' because what I thought you were expressing at the end there was that *I* wasn't a 7. And I was so excited because I thought with you, chubber...Azure Flame who typed me ENFJ/INFJ... which, to be fair, that is how I test in his system...and Zarathustra who recently said I was e4 which may have been a joke but I was still going to count him...

I thought I had finally accumulated enough doubt for my very own 'Type Me' thread!...and so I was just day-dreaming/imagining all the fun of it...until it finally clicked in my mind what you were really saying haha. <-And if you want to think any part of that story was exaggerated for affect...I am so totally okay with that haha. I would encourage that line of thought.

All of your posts in this thread have been so meaningful to me - I'm not really sure I'd be capapble of expressing properly just how much. And I know from all the 'Secret-7 Society' transmissions I receive in total and complete secret...that I'm not the only 7 that feels this same way. This last post I recently responded to in a time-sensitive way though...this most recent exchange... I almost feel like... okay, I'm worried now that I won't figure out how to say what I very much want to say here.

The kind of 7 you described in your post... I look to those 7s for wisdom... I admire those 7s. That's the kind of 7 I want to be...or at the very least should strive to be for my own wellbeing... when I grow up. Like, I feel you were describing someone like Lady_X ...well okay maybe not as she's a lot like me just smart enough to keep it behind the scenes so I'm going to unmention her. Okay...I'm going to try and stop myself from attempting to come-up with a forum example... Of the 7s here that I know enough about to feel comfortable using as an example probably Lady_X and [MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION] best fit what you describe. They see the game all around them and are undaunted by it...they stay their happy course. <-Unfortunately, I can't claim to be like them in this sane, healthy, inspirational-to-others regard.

...the contemplative, tortured flavor of 4-fixed 7w6.

^^In what were originally Arcana's soulful, eloquent words that senza later poached and is subsequently plagiarizing above... Whether she was aware of it or not Arcana was describing me. That's me. And while I'd probably give an arm and part of my liver for some poor drunk to be indifferent to the game...I need to confess that I am decidedly not so (do you need both arms to 'shrug off the game'?...or is it possible to shrug and people will still understand what's being communicated one-armedly...I may need to switch out a limb.)

I maintain an ongoing awareness and have from a very young age...of how strongly I feel the game is wrong. Of how horrifying it is for me when I allow myself to consider it... instead of scrambling to find some meaningless distraction because I just can't take thinking of it again in those moments. No matter what I do I maintain a constant awareness that one of the countless rewards people receive for playing the game is being able to advance their positions through the exploitation of others...all while believing in their own righteousness (I'm still haunted by a conversation I had with a banker...2nd in charge or whatever you say directly under the CEO... and one of the first things he said to me was that he "got into banking because he really wanted to help people." To which I did an eyeroll in my mind thinking it was a social line I was merely supposed to pretend was true. As he went on though... it suddenly struck me in what remains one of the most horrifying moments of my entire life... He wasn't knowingly exploiting people and just didn't care... Nor was he merely in a tiny bit of denial but under different circumstances would admit to the truth of it... Oh no, this banker had come to BELIEVE IT. This banker had completely convinced himself he was a righteous individual. I was in awe thinking... "Oh wow...so you're really enjoying life. He is a humanitarian enjoying the multi-millions he's earned through his charitable work. I can't even...)

Anyway, I'm not trying to be a downer...I'm just mentioning the me's because most of the me's out there are typed as 4s. There's clearly a happier thing going on when you're indifferent rather than rejecting the game.

Starry

[MENTION=10550]Dr Mobius[/MENTION]

totally missed an important part of what I wanted to express...I am not with it. I know you would still give me the badass cred. and it is meaningful to me because I also maintain an ongoing awareness of what I lose by not playing. Not a lot of people give compliments for this kind of thing and to find someone that does is the most valuable treasure.

Oh and do you truly consider yourself a 9?

Starry

I think the last guy I kissed was e7 maybe w8.

It was fun... until it was a disaster.

What is Jock doing liking this post for get out!!!
:hug:

Okay I came back because I was thinking you might not have understood my joke.

gromit...I would be super interested in hearing your story in great detail if you feel comfortable sharing. Again...I think it would be super insightful.

Duffy

I maintain an ongoing awareness and have from a very young age...of how strongly I feel the game is wrong. Of how horrifying it is for me when I allow myself to consider it... instead of scrambling to find some meaningless distraction because I just can't take thinking of it again in those moments. No matter what I do I maintain a constant awareness that one of the countless rewards people receive for playing the game is being able to advance their positions through the exploitation of others...all while believing in their own righteousness (I'm still haunted by a conversation I had with a banker...2nd in charge or whatever you say directly under the CEO... and one of the first things he said to me was that he "got into banking because he really wanted to help people." To which I did an eyeroll in my mind thinking it was a social line I was merely supposed to pretend was true. As he went on though... it suddenly struck me in what remains one of the most horrifying moments of my entire life... He wasn't knowingly exploiting people and just didn't care... Nor was he merely in a tiny bit of denial but under different circumstances would admit to the truth of it... Oh no, this banker had come to BELIEVE IT. This banker had completely convinced himself he was a righteous individual. I was in awe thinking... "Oh wow...so you're really enjoying life. He is a humanitarian enjoying the multi-millions he's earned through his charitable work. I can't even...)

I'm of the opinion that we're all deluded to some extent, but it seems some people's delusion reward them a gift. While others... well, flounder about. Maybe it's just not as visible or readily valued (that would be the optimist in me).

Starry

I'm of the opinion that we're all deluded to some extent, but it seems some people's delusion reward them a gift. While others... well, flounder about. Maybe it's just not as visible or readily valued (that would be the optimist in me).

Oh hi new best friend.

Starry

wow he's a 478? awesome. do you know his MBTI type as well?

in that sense, yes it would be amazing to be an authority, to serve a cause. but i don't think i have it in me...

so...you wrote those type descriptions? are you a 478 too?

I'm very systematic in the way I handle my responses - just wanted you to know that pink.

Che is pretty much universally recognized in MBTI-land as having been ENFP. Or at least he is one individual that stands out to me in that I've never seen him typed otherwise. I've never seen a person contest ENFP.

I've never encountered much on his e-type. I've seen Elfboy type him as 8 which immediately rules out 8. haha. Whenever it comes up and it's a bit rare that it does...but just through forum interaction it seems the consensus is 7w6 and cp <-when the person is familiar with cp wings. And I am in total agreement with that.

I've seen lesser still on Che's tritype haha. No, I simply believe he was a 478 merely because I believe he had a cp wing and 478 is where that would manifest itself...but truly believe I'm the only person in the universe to have suggested such a thing.

And yes, I'm 478 or 748

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
haha Umm...okay. I just spent 5 minutes (or more because I kinda lost track of time)... in 'OMG this is the coolest everland!' because what I thought you were expressing at the end there was that *I* wasn't a 7. And I was so excited because I thought with you, chubber...Azure Flame who typed me ENFJ/INFJ... which, to be fair, that is how I test in his system...and Zarathustra who recently said I was e4 which may have been a joke but I was still going to count him...

I thought I had finally accumulated enough doubt for my very own 'Type Me' thread!...and so I was just day-dreaming/imagining all the fun of it...until it finally clicked in my mind what you were really saying haha. <-And if you want to think any part of that story was exaggerated for affect...I am so totally okay with that haha. I would encourage that line of thought.

Oh Starry you don't need doubt to make a type me thread, the most important part is creating a clever title, the rest is just icing on top. Though your position as alpha seven would probably equate to several pages worth of you-are-the-most-seven-whoever-sevened. Or alternatively a cage fight if some disagree........... you should make one.

All of your posts in this thread have been so meaningful to me - I'm not really sure I'd be capapble of expressing properly just how much. And I know from all the 'Secret-7 Society' transmissions I receive in total and complete secret...that I'm not the only 7 that feels this same way. This last post I recently responded to in a time-sensitive way though...this most recent exchange... I almost feel like... okay, I'm worried now that I won't figure out how to say what I very much want to say here.

Well I really would hate to disappoint the e7 hivemind.

The kind of 7 you described in your post... I look to those 7s for wisdom... I admire those 7s. That's the kind of 7 I want to be...or at the very least should strive to be for my own wellbeing... when I grow up. Like, I feel you were describing someone like Lady_X ...well okay maybe not as she's a lot like me just smart enough to keep it behind the scenes so I'm going to unmention her. Okay...I'm going to try and stop myself from attempting to come-up with a forum example... Of the 7s here that I know enough about to feel comfortable using as an example probably Lady_X and [MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION] best fit what you describe. They see the game all around them and are undaunted by it...they stay their happy course. <-Unfortunately, I can't claim to be like them in this sane, healthy, inspirational-to-others regard.

Now I shall endeavour to explain how you are that way, and yet not. It kind of surprises me you don't seem to see it in yourself. An analogy perhaps, Imagine social contructs or game as a complicated engine overseen by various engineers. What e7s seem to do is well; throw wrenches at those engineers heads. Everyone stops and notices when they do it, a catalyst to shake structures. You do this as well, your arms might shake, and fear rise in your gullet, but all everyone else sees is the moment that wrench meets a head. Admittedly knowing and being dauntless makes all of this easier and probably more frequent. But from your presence on the forum alone, I can say you seem to throw one hell of a wrench.

^^In what were originally Arcana's soulful, eloquent words that senza later poached and is subsequently plagiarizing above... Whether she was aware of it or not Arcana was describing me. That's me. And while I'd probably give an arm and part of my liver for some poor drunk to be indifferent to the game...I need to confess that I am decidedly not so (do you need both arms to 'shrug off the game'?...or is it possible to shrug and people will still understand what's being communicated one-armedly...I may need to switch out a limb.)

:laugh: Well everyone believes themselves the hero of their own story. Yeah unless he worked specifically on low interest loans for low income houses, micro-loans in developing countries, or IMF then a tad ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be a downer...I'm just mentioning the me's because most of the me's out there are typed as 4s. There's clearly a happier thing going on when you're indifferent rather than rejecting the game.

:shrug: I've always enjoyed your bite personally.

[MENTION=10550]Dr Mobius[/MENTION]

totally missed an important part of what I wanted to express...I am not with it. I know you would still give me the badass cred. and it is meaningful to me because I also maintain an ongoing awareness of what I lose by not playing. Not a lot of people give compliments for this kind of thing and to find someone that does is the most valuable treasure.

Oh and do you truly consider yourself a 9?

Someone suggested it awhile back, so I decided to try it on for size. Break preconceptions and see what fell out. I'm not convinced I have the self honesty necessary to get it right.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm very systematic in the way I handle my responses - just wanted you to know that pink.

Che is pretty much universally recognized in MBTI-land as having been ENFP. Or at least he is one individual that stands out to me in that I've never seen him typed otherwise. I've never seen a person contest ENFP.

I've never encountered much on his e-type. I've seen Elfboy type him as 8 which immediately rules out 8. haha. Whenever it comes up and it's a bit rare that it does...but just through forum interaction it seems the consensus is 7w6 and cp <-when the person is familiar with cp wings. And I am in total agreement with that.

I've seen lesser still on Che's tritype haha. No, I simply believe he was a 478 merely because I believe he had a cp wing and 478 is where that would manifest itself...but truly believe I'm the only person in the universe to have suggested such a thing.

And yes, I'm 478 or 748

Thanks for this reply. Just one thing please: What Is a counterphobic wing? I thought it was only valid for type 6. I find it interesting because I find something familiar between me and che (i really didnt mean to sound self-aggrandizing here).

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
And yes, I'm 478 or 748

Wait...are you saying you're possibly a 4? :horror:

Or are you saying "yes, I'm the 478 tritype...better known in this thread as 748."

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You know what the worst thing about being a 7w8 sx/so is? Sometimes my intensity and enthusiasm can be off putting to more reserved people, or people with less energy. I want to do a lot of things in one day, and they are like "woah, chill... take things one step at a time..", and I'm like "I'm trying, but we needa do this and that before the shop closes! Come on.."

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You know what the worst thing about being a 7w8 sx/so is? Sometimes my intensity and enthusiasm can be off putting to more reserved people, or people with less energy. I want to do a lot of things in one day, and they are like "woah, chill... take things one step at a time..", and I'm like "I'm trying, but we needa do this and that before the shop closes! Come on.."

I relate to this a lot, but I think this also could underline the difference between Se/8 influence and Si/6 influence. I feel like I carry the experience of overwhelming others in the past with me and I kind of cool it down to hold onto my security with others, while maybe with you you're more consistently displaying big energy and stuff because you might get a rush from standing tall in the room and making your presence known and pulling people along with you?

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I relate to this a lot, but I think this also could underline the difference between Se/8 influence and Si/6 influence. I feel like I carry the experience of overwhelming others in the past with me and I kind of cool it down to hold onto my security with others, while maybe with you you're more consistently displaying big energy and stuff because you might get a rush from standing tall in the room and making your presence known and pulling people along with you?

Yeah. Personally, I can see how a lot of people mistype ESTP against ENTJ, especially when the ESTP is sx 7w8/8w7. To me, Se sx 7/8 is a lot like Te, especially in terms of its intensity and power. And it's ability to lead/make itself know. As you know, Te and Se descriptions in Socionics are a lot alike, which leads to confusion in MBTI, when you try and convert their meanings across. Both want to make themselves known in a room, and in everything they do. They want to get things done (though, you could argue that Te is more efficient, Se teamed with Te/Ti can be just as efficient if it wants to be), they are both forceful, and they are very extroverted functions.

When you team that 78/87 along with 3w4, you create a powerhouse. You have 7's drive, 8's leadership and 3's desire to achieve as much as possible. When I put my mind to things, I can be a machine. Heck, I can achieve more in one day than some people can in a week. But I can also be pretty damn feirce, especially when under the influence of 8. Fierly independent, and fiercly aggressive. I just want to get things done and move on to the next thing as soon as I can (not saying I'm better than anyone, I'm most certainly not, but I can see how the triple assertiveness works in my life sometimes, when I'm not having an off day xD)

And yes, the Se/8, and Si/6 thing is very well pointed out. I have noticed that a lot of Si-Doms/Si-users can gravitate towards the security/stability of the 6 [wing]. My Dad is an ESTJ, and I am pretty sure he is an sp/sx 6w5. He likes tried and tested methods, he likes to stick to the same thing and hates changing systems if they are efficient. He is pretty stereotypical though, which I pin on him being born in the 60s. He is very security orientated, always anxious over his fears, and he researches a lot of things, and freaks out when something threatens the security of his home. And he is a bit of a health freak. But he has his good points too. He's a good Dad, and he is very smart, efficient and can take a joke when he's not in a bad mood, or preoccupied with things. But he's not overly social [though, he will talk to you when he wants to, he can be friendly too].

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=23098]Captain_Invincible[/MENTION] yup, that all makes sense. :yes: I think for this thread what we can take from that is, even though they can handle it and express it differently depending on the wing/MBTI type, 7s hold a lot of energy inside that can overwhelm others because we want to constantly be on the go pursuing new things. I was talking to my ISTJ 1w9 family friend and our friend who's tested as ESFJ 1w2 sx/so (but her lifestyle as I've gotten to know her is so 8 it's making me question everything) and they called me an "experience". They say whenever you get to know me it's always authentic because we're always doing something and bonding, and that can be hard to keep up with sometimes because that's what I thrive on. I think all 7s can relate to that in one way or another.

One thing I do know is that 7s always have the spice, whether they distribute it or not. On the inside we all want to sprinkle it all across the world and live surrounded by vitality. Maybe I shouldn't have worded that as gay as I did lol but yeah.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=23098]Captain_Invincible[/MENTION] yup, that all makes sense. :yes: I think for this thread what we can take from that is, even though they can handle it and express it differently depending on the wing/MBTI type, 7s hold a lot of energy inside that can overwhelm others because we want to constantly be on the go pursuing new things. I was talking to my ISTJ 1w9 family friend and our friend who's tested as ESFJ 1w2 sx/so (but her lifestyle as I've gotten to know her is so 8 it's making me question everything) and they called me an "experience". They say whenever you get to know me it's always authentic because we're always doing something and bonding, and that can be hard to keep up with sometimes because that's what I thrive on. I think all 7s can relate to that in one way or another.

One thing I do know is that 7s always have the spice, whether they distribute it or not. On the inside we all want to sprinkle it all across the world and live surrounded by vitality. Maybe I shouldn't have worded that as gay as I did lol but yeah.

Yeah. I also think that the sx/so fix is quite 8-ish (well, so is sx/sp, well any sx-first fix really). I think it's the aggression and intimacy of the sx-first that gives off that stereotypical 'eight vibe' we hear a lot about, imo anyway. As the 'so-first' gives off the stereotypical 'two vibe', and 'sp-first', the 'six vibe', as we find a lot of those intertwined with each other (e.g sixes need for security, twos need for people, and eights need for intensity etc).

They call you an experience, huh? I can be an experience when I'm not working on my website, or tired as hell, lol. People think I am pretty likeable and popular at times, but I like variety, and packing as much experience as I can into my day, and speaking to as many people as I can manage. After all, variety is the spice of life. Without things to do, I get bored and tired very quickly.

Yeah, sevens are pretty spicy when they wanna be, lol. We wanna sprinkle our spice on bland dishes ;) And that's a great analogy, not gay at all. Seriously.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Im the laziest 7w8 sx/so ever. Especially in the begining and outside activities, but id like to compare myself to a rollar coaster. I always start up seemingly smooth sailng but then there is sudden drop and BAM IN YO FACR OMG ZOOM SUPAH FAST GOGOGOGO. YOLO SWAG OMG BRIAN AREYOU WEARING YOUR SEATBELT LET ME USE MY ARM TO HOLD YOU DOWN. ride over but WAIT. We are in a theme park. ALL THE RIDES THREE TIMES IM GETTING MY MONEYS WORTH. NO SLEEP.

Starry

Thanks for this reply. Just one thing please: What Is a counterphobic wing? I thought it was only valid for type 6. I find it interesting because I find something familiar between me and che (i really didnt mean to sound self-aggrandizing here).

***OKAY PEOPLE...I'm going to need you to step aside and give me some room here... We've got a Feeler "situation" in post #350 that requires immediate access-to-care... So move over people...step aside!***

[MENTION=13377]pinkgraffiti[/MENTION] In no way does your affinity with Che make it seem as if you are self-aggrandizing...and just so you know I feel exactly the same way about him. I mean, a large part of why I know I'm accurately typed is because A.) He existed and B.) He was a public figure and so a bunch of personality theory nerds typed him and I read about it. This is just how it works. We have no knowledge of all the still-publicly-unknown ENFP 7 sx Messengers to share recognition with...but we have Che. And I'll add that due to the rarity of this entire combination...coupled with an understanding of the ENFP that continues to be tainted by the fact there are more mistyped-ESFJ ENFPs out there than actual ENFPs... Che makes it all make sense. This is Ne>Fi in its concentrated form.

Likewise, I would love to talk about all of this and have been absolutely wanting to get stuff about Che in here anyway so thank you. I'll come back with that. But I wanted to quickly share something about Eminem...counterphobia...and recognition...

Everyone has their methods of typing celebrities...and while I've done the math on Eminem many times over the truth is I didn't have to. If you knew my father INTJ 5w6cp...if you knew just how many times I've heard him say to one of us kids...or even my Mom on occasion..."What the hell kind a music is that?" Then you would understand in a profound way why the only thing I needed to know to accurately type Eminem... was that from the moment my father laid eyes on Eminem...well...it was absolutely *love at first sight.* (It was so fuckin weird too because we'd be at the dinner table...and my dad would be like seriously explaining Eminem...to us? Like, "you know he had a hell of a hard life" and "the damn government..." and "they were saying he has a genius IQ..." yah.] Eminem INTJ 6w5cp

I had never made this connection before...but I dedicated Eminem's song White America to Chanaynay last night and gasped a little over this. I actually need to call [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] to see this too. The first two quotes are me describing the Justice Fighter brand of counterphobia from my experience of it. And last night I noticed from the White America lyrics that Eminem described it in precisely the same way.

Just for my own understanding...I am hoping [MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION] will come on here and explain the differences between 'e8 forcefulness'...and 'counterphobic 6w5 forcefulness'... because at least for me...I always experience the cp 6w5 as being more powerful...more unrelenting. Like it is not the desire to (merely) have a semblance of control over a situation like I notice with e8...but rather it is as if you are coming-up against someone that is *fighting* for some cause...or what is right...or the underdog, etc. Like they have some invisible army behind them that they are defending...that gives them the energy to keep pushing forward or something. Even if the issue in question is quite small or insignificant...they will push forward in the defense of *something big*. There is always something *bigger* going on.

Well, I grew-up with e6 counterphobia (vintage: 6w5) and yet didn't understand what it was...that there was actually a name for it until I arrived here. And so originally I was recognizing it by its higher frequency/vibration alone. <-And to this day it's difficult for me to explain it otherwise. It's intensity in high-definition. Is the person pissy and arguing a point? Or did the person suddenly become a Crusader before your eyes...holding an actual sword and with armor and stuff...and is proceeding to right some wrong while behind him/her stands every single underdog and victim ever harmed under the conditions of your offense that you most likely can't determine...

Eminem said:
I never would've dreamed in a million years I'd see,
So many motherfuckin' people who feel like me,
who share the same views and the same exact beliefs,
it's like a fuckin' army marchin' in back of me

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Im the laziest 7w8 sx/so ever. Especially in the begining and outside activities, but id like to compare myself to a rollar coaster. I always start up seemingly smooth sailng but then there is sudden drop and BAM IN YO FACR OMG ZOOM SUPAH FAST GOGOGOGO. YOLO SWAG OMG BRIAN AREYOU WEARING YOUR SEATBELT LET ME USE MY ARM TO HOLD YOU DOWN. ride over but WAIT. We are in a theme park. ALL THE RIDES THREE TIMES IM GETTING MY MONEYS WORTH. NO SLEEP.

You remind me an awful lot of myself sometimes, especially my younger self.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You remind me an awful lot of myself sometimes, especially my younger self.

Should I take that as a compliment? Should I be worried? How old are you to even say "my younger self" I swear to God if I find out you are younger than 50 Im going to smack you. You are still too young to be saying "well, back in my day sunny... I remmember back when... when I was your age..."