• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] The Wisdom of the Enneagram Seven

Starry

Yeah ... my issue is mainly this .... I have a certain, very specific type that I am absurdly attracted to. Namely, the contemplative, tortured flavor of 4-fixed 7w6.

We are very, very, very sexy.

(this post is so old and I'm sorry I never got to it in real time. Now though...I will say there are some definite 'pros' to the slower pace of the forum as it's making me look attentive haha)

4s and 7s are bad for each other. :mad:

^^I've never been in a long term relationship with a 4 but I've read a lot of stuff that seems to suggest otherwise. I have a bff from childhood though that's an INFP 4w5 and we had a very harmonious romantic relationship for a week in 5th grade which was spent not talking or even looking at each other <-and frankly I have no complaints. omg I forgot I need to tell GAEL about this.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
“Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that. And living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness.

Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.”

-Louise Erdrich

If anything about this entire thread is sexy, this quote takes the cake :worthy:

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I keep reading this pink knowing that I got hung up on that authority part as well and was trying to think of how I could explain to you what it came to mean to me. It's still a blurry thing.

I was also looking for Che quotes recently to put in this thread and^^ this one, said to the Bolivian special forces that surrounded his camp for capture still takes my breath away some. There's so much of me in that statement I wouldn't even know where to begin to describe. The thought I wanted to focus on though was how he was an authority that literally never saw himself as one. In everything he said and did he put himself as an equal to the people.

I think you can be an authority over things in the service of people.

wow he's a 478? awesome. do you know his MBTI type as well?

in that sense, yes it would be amazing to be an authority, to serve a cause. but i don't think i have it in me...

so...you wrote those type descriptions? are you a 478 too?

Starry

Io ti vedo.
Vedo tutta la bellezza e tutto il dolore.
Vedo tutti i segni buoni e terribili di una vita dura.

E io ti conosco.
Sono in nessun incantesimo.

E so che tu sei un Grande Spirito. Io so chi sei.

Love, Starry

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
^^oh whoops [MENTION=22067]riva[/MENTION] I've been neglecting my thread. Have you finally figured out you're truly a 7?

[MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION]

I know I most likely seem 6w5 on the forum but I'm a 7w6 with a cp wing.

No no u are way too fleighty viby to be a 6w5.

You can get scary and intense when you want. I think that's the sx dom or the cp6 wing.

I dont know abt me anymore. Its between 7 or 9. So frustrating sometimes. 9 explains more cus as a kid i was never the excited adventurous person. Very very grounded physically. Even now i am.

I could get judgy and angry at people for unhealthy. That could be me disintergrating to 1 or 6.

:/

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^^you may be right. The ESFPs I have a recollection of have all been 8s so that might skew things in my mind.

(the sad emoticon kinda made the opium feel go away fyi)

Yeah, supposedly I'm an ESFP 783 or 873 (haven't figured that out yet, but I'm know I'm definitely a triple assertive, lol) sx/so. Loads of people seem to be divided over me, being ESFP, or ESTP, which makes things more fun.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Flighty how? Like, flighty-resolute or flighty-purposeful...? I'm not really clear on what you're saying...

I think flighty wasn't the english word I was looking for. Sorry about that :D.

Hmm.. you are here and suddenly you are not here. When you are here you intensely interact with many and then you are suddenly gone. That's a vibe most E7s have. Definitely not something e6s emit.

I don't know the english word for that.

Starry

Yeah, supposedly I'm an ESFP 783 or 873 (haven't figured that out yet, but I'm know I'm definitely a triple assertive, lol) sx/so. Loads of people seem to be divided over me, being ESFP, or ESTP, which makes things more fun.

Taking in all of what I see right here:

User Name: Captain Invincible = 7
Avatar: The legendary Dave Grohl smiling his ass off = 7
Post: Made use of the phrase 'more fun' in 25 words or less = 7
Signature: Offers free, sugary refreshments and includes a smiley...

well hot damn Captain I think you found yer people! And I'm really glad you're here...along with [MENTION=25694]evilrubberduckie[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5712]Lil[/MENTION]_red

The only complaint ever hurled at this thread (twice) was because I was 7w6 it carried with it a 6-wing bias and I don't think so at all.

Here's what I need from the 7w8s: wisdom, sunshine, cupcakes and cookies yes, employment with a 401k, recipes for homemade energy drinks, tips on how to appear attractive to the opposite sex, a simple, step-by-step explanation of what the whole "wall street" thing is about and your picks for Best Travel Locations 2015-16.

Thanks guys!

Oh and ESTP Captain

Starry

I think flighty wasn't the english word I was looking for. Sorry about that :D.

Hmm.. you are here and suddenly you are not here. When you are here you intensely interact with many and then you are suddenly gone. That's a vibe most E7s have. Definitely not something e6s emit.

I don't know the english word for that.

Playing the ESL card I see... haha. I'll come back to this but I was just making fun.

I agree with both the English and Indian? (I forget what your native lang. is) terms. I'm so flighty it's horrendous.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I agree with both the English and Indian? (I forget what your native lang. is) terms. I'm so flighty it's horrendous.

Arghhh you have to let that one pass. Genuine mistake.

I still don't know what it is. It's the ENFPness too I think. They are here intensely engaging with you and once they leave you'd never see them again although you just though you made a friend for a lifetime. However, when they meet the ENFP again they'd talk to you as though he/she only went to get a glass of water. It just took them 4 years :D.

Tell me ENFPs don't have it. Now add E7 to it.

Starry

Arghhh you have to let that one pass. Genuine mistake.

I still don't know what it is. It's the ENFPness too I think. They are here intensely engaging with you and once they leave you'd never see them again although you just though you made a friend for a lifetime. However, when they meet the ENFP again they'd talk to you as though he/she only went to get a glass of water. It just took them 4 years :D.

Tell me ENFPs don't have it. Now add E7 to it.

I said I would come back to this.

(^also a joke haha riva)

So frustrating that due to days-gone-by my auto correct still changes riva to Riva and I'm too flighty awesome to figure out how to modify my dictionary.

Til we speak again...

The Ambassador

Interest:
– likes people, want to be meaningful and make a difference
– seek comfort and harmony
– strive for success

Mission:
– find compassionate and effective ways to create change and bridge differences

Character:
– outgoing
– easygoing
– soft
– gentle
– kind
– good-willed
– happy
– peaceful
– positive
– upbeat
– achieving
– professional
– cool
– trendy
– adaptive
– reflective
– considerate
– indecisive
– chameleon-like
– busy
– omnivorous
– practical
– action-oriented
– diplomatic
– conflict-avoidant
– dreamer
– funny
– happy
– friendly
– bright
– chill
– laid back

Blind spot:
– so focused on what is positive that you miss the wisdom that comes from experiencing and understanding negative emotions -> even create conflict by avoiding it

Fears:
– negativity
– conflict

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Taking in all of what I see right here:

User Name: Captain Invincible = 7
Avatar: The legendary Dave Grohl smiling his ass off = 7
Post: Made use of the phrase 'more fun' in 25 words or less = 7
Signature: Offers free, sugary refreshments and includes a smiley...

well hot damn Captain I think you found yer people! And I'm really glad you're here...along with [MENTION=25694]evilrubberduckie[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5712]Lil[/MENTION]_red

The only complaint ever hurled at this thread (twice) was because I was 7w6 it carried with it a 6-wing bias and I don't think so at all.

Here's what I need from the 7w8s: wisdom, sunshine, cupcakes and cookies yes, employment with a 401k, recipes for homemade energy drinks, tips on how to appear attractive to the opposite sex, a simple, step-by-step explanation of what the whole "wall street" thing is about and your picks for Best Travel Locations 2015-16.

Thanks guys!

Oh and ESTP Captain

Yeah, I was thinking that I was an eight for a while, but then I realised that 7w8 fit a lot better than 8w7 as my core. I don't know where this whole cp 6w7 thing came from, but on previous forums, people started this whole fiasco that I was a cp 6w7. I just... don't see it. Nothing wrong with people being a cp 6w7, but I just never seen it for me. I don't understand people's thinking sometimes. It's very contradictory. Most people use stupidity to justify their responses, and some don't even use evidence to justify their responses. They just say 'You are an xWx without any proof. But hey, people get as vague as this sometimes:

'You must be a cp 6w7 because you are scared of heights, and you went up there and went abseiling and showed that rope who's boss.'

Fear is a part of being human--human nature. Everyone has fears, and everyone conquers them in different ways. Having a fear, and conquering it doesn't make you a cp6w7, it just means you have gained the courage and maturity to conquer your fear and expand your mindset on things, you know? And judging by that logic, roughly 90% of the population would br cp6w7s, and the enneagram theory would be null and void, more or less xD

And yes, I can understand why mistyped 8s who don't want to be associated with the whole 'fear factor' aspect of the 6s. But again, are they 8s who are typed 8s, really all 8s? To me, a lot of this 8 thing is 'elitist' in a sense, because 'true 8s' are meant to be 'rare', and are 'easily mistyped', and some people who have been typed 'as an eight' think they know everything there is to know about being a 'type eight', when infact, they know nothing (and themselves, are probably mistyped). You know? There's more to being an eight than this whole leadership thing. Most of the type eights I know of are nothing like the [mistyped] eight portray them to be. They're all pretty nice, understanding people, who don't mind compromising once in a while.

And as for 7w8s? We're not all rampant bunnies who are fueled on drink and drugs xP And yeah, I do have a soul [I think :p] Sometimes Ic an be a bit outspoken, and seem like a crude bull, but I'm really not all that bad, once you get to know me. I think my crude jokes, and get things done attitude does put a few people off, but I guess I am as human as anyone else. I mean, I like shopping, walking, drinking coffee, exploring new places, car rides, designing websites, eating good food and having a laugh, but I also like being serious when I have to be, y'know?

And ESTP? Interesting. Everyone in my thread seems to think I am an ESFP, because of my questionnaire answers. But at the end of the day, I was just being honest for accuracy, unlike some of the people here (and on Perc too), who try to bump up their N and T scores, to seem more appealing and intellectual than they really are. I think sensor/intuitive bias is very stupid. Sensors and Intuitives can be awesome when they work together :p

[P.S-- doesn't your signature mean 'death rises in my house' or something like that? I dunno, I'm roughly translating it :p]

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

Got around to my tri type. Its 7w8, 4w5, 8w7. Do what you will with it. You seem to know more about it then I do.

7 enegram wisdom

"The suspense is terrible. I hope it will last."
― Oscar Wilde

"You've a good heart. Sometimes that's enough to see you safe wherever you go. But mostly, it's not."
― Neil Gaiman, Neverwhere

Starry

[MENTION=22067]riva[/MENTION]

I actually have a partially written response saved for you...somewhere... but I'm popping in here now because I fear I will forget to comment on this if I don't take care of this now.

Twinks shall be the name of this band.

I am so sorry. Don't kill me. I couldn't resist.

Yes i do have friends. Very very few though.

There's never been any doubt in my mind that you're a 7 and like I mentioned to you following the creation of your enneagram thread that I was actually surprised to learn you were legitimately undecided and not merely doing the e7 "let's talk about possibilities for interest, education, creation and entertainment."

Now, I've been handing out tritype descriptions/outlines merely because I had noticed my copying & pasting skills were getting a little rusty... but the thought I had with yours...is you might be one of the few that lands their core type by coming in through the back door. <-Or, said in a way that actually makes sense...I was hoping the description of the Ambassador would help you expand your currently narrow understanding of "how a 7 must look, feel and act like" beyond the greek sun god Halla.

Another thing that sometimes helps individuals in your position is to take a break from some of the over-arching concepts and merely catch and consider the little clues when they present themselves. Which is precisely why I pulled the above quote over from the Member Photos thread.

That quote riva is classic e7...and is precisely why the word "playful" can be found in nearly all 7 descriptions...especially descriptions of the notoriously playful 7w8. What makes it a valuable clue however...is that it is simultaneously something that would be highly unusual for a core e9 to say.

As insignificant as this tiny joke may seem to you...do not take for granted all of what needs to be in place within a person's psyche prior to this tiny joke taking its form. For the most part 7s feel good about themselves *I'm So Cute!*...and they feel good about others. They also generally assume others feel relatively good about themselves as well. <-And that's the foundation for "playful" riva. When everyone feels good...jokes towards self and others are entertaining and pose no threat to anyone's ego because no one actually takes any of these playful jokes seriously - it's all in fun. Now, due to the fact most 7s self-efface in equal amounts if not more than they joke with others...they do seem to have a high joke success rate. People seem to get that the dial is set to "playful" But I'm assuming you've pissed off a person or two in your time riva right?

If you were conflict avoidant how likely do you think you would be to take these kinds of risks? I mean, the bottom line is this: it doesn't matter how playful you are or how cute. It doesn't matter how perfectly you gauged the situation and how innocently you executed your delivery... When you jokingly jab at another person...you are automatically causing an interpersonal/social situation that carries hidden within its effect a higher probability for potential conflict. And yet I see you do this all the time...why? Do you feel separate enough from the people around you that if a person takes something you've obviously said in fun the wrong way...that beyond a sincere apology there's not much you can do... that they need to be responsible for how others make them feel - not you?

It's rare to see 9s...even the more aggressive among them to...to joke in this kind of way. And it's not only the potential for conflict...it's the unpredictable quality of it all. In other words, when 9s create conflict they are deliberate in that. They know what they are doing. They are not doing the 7 *I wonder what would happen if I said this* no. Likewise, it is very, very rare to hear a core 9 self-efface (only 9w8s that I would identify as individuals making use of e6 counterphobia and so not you riva.) To the contrary as both 6 and 9 are connected to 3...it is often very subtle...but if you listen very closely you will hear them building themselves up which also reinforces the identity.

gromit

likes this
I think the last guy I kissed was e7 maybe w8.

It was fun... until it was a disaster.