• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] The Wisdom of the Enneagram Seven

Starry

[MENTION=7991]chickpea[/MENTION]

Do you truly see yourself in the Gentle Spirit? (You don't have to answer that but I confess there are times I have my doubts)

The Gentle Spirit

Interest:
– seek meaning
– want harmony, peace and tranquility

Mission:
– inspire people toward happiness through expressing their creativity in a peaceful non-intrusive way
– identify what is truly meaningful in life and help people transform negative feelings into something positive

Character:
– a true dreamer
– positive
– ethereal
– light energy
– playful
– meaningful
– idealistic
– upbeat
– gentle, loving
– calm
– see beauty
– lyrical
– happy
– imaginative
– elusive
– a touch of sadness
– intense
– tranquil
– sensitive
– very creative
– somewhat shy
– conflict avoidant
– accepting
– peaceful
– original
– laid-back
– witty
– whimsical
– insatiable
– doubtful
– congenial

Blind spot:
– attraction to magical thinking and missed opportunities to speak their truth -> glossing over negative feelings in favour of something more comfortable/positive
– become trapped in magical thinking -> not speaking higher truth or act in accordance with your true feelings

Fears:
– being rejected
– conflict
– feeling valueless

Starry

[MENTION=13377]pinkgraffiti[/MENTION]

The Messenger

Interest:
– implementing and manifesting their original vision
– love freedom
– want to be an authority

Mission:
– find truth and communicate your findings

Character:
– passionate
– cutting edge
– innovative
– compassionate
– freedom seeking
– very creative
– non conformist
– flamboyant
– exploring
– intuitive
– straight-forward
– original
– inspirational
– self-possessed
– unconventional
– intense
– can be moody and eccentric
– outgoing
– spontaneous
– individualistic
– assertive
– optimistic
– confrontational
– fun-loving
– fast-paced
– emotional
– powerful
– aesthetically brilliant
– visionary

Blind spot:
– so focused on your opinions, inside and what is new and profound -> come across as arrogant, resistant and uncooperative

Starry

[MENTION=25725]GAEL[/MENTION]

If the ENFP description seems just a smidge too Chanaynay for yah and you can load for bear with the best of them...there's a slight chance you may be a ^^Messenger.

Starry

[MENTION=5643]EcK[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4109]entropie[/MENTION]

The Mover & Shaker

Interest:
– sees the big picture
– focused on success, you see obstacles as challenges
– want to be in charge
– avoids feelings as they get in the way of making things happen

Mission:
– see what is possible and find innovative ways to achieve your goals

Character:
– slick
– assertive
– ambitious
– innovative
– protective
– efficient
– happy
– straight-forward
– dynamic
– focused
– expeditious
– results-oriented
– self-motivated
– reactive
– high energy
– self-assured
– bold
– strong
– outlandish
– extrovert
– involved
– prominence-seeking
– manipulative
– direct
– professional
– non-conforming
– entertaining

Blind spot:
– miss your impact on others and the deeper meaning and significance of why you are doing what you are doing
– not paying attention to emotions

Fears:
– being alone
– vulnerability

Careers:
– entrepreneur
– politician

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]

The Free Spirit
The Humanitarian

Did you know I was stalking this thread still?!

(Also I loved senza's too)

I feel like this description is me at my best/when I'm the most happy with myself. I have oodles of free time but I feel most energized when I'm busy and caught up in my own affairs rather than that free-flow type of relaxation. I'm always free-flow, even if I'm on the go, so I'd rather be doing upbeat fun things with friends than sitting around being a blob (which kinda links together with some of those other words). Although I guess I can busy myself with my own interests, so in that sense then I'm never not up to something. :D

Mission:
– be an instrument of change, transforming difficult situations into moments of inspiration

Although while I am a big motivator for others, I feel like this is even more true within my own bubble actually. I like to live my life feeling inspired from my own experiences and with a passion for making changes and improving myself because of them. I've actually noticed that I have a tendency to go on little tangents to people about my own life and how my experiences inspire me to change and take action and all that stuff (kind of like this but not necessarily that topic exclusively). I don't know where it's coming from but I feel like more and more the word "inspired" is just a word that's starting to suit me a lot lately and I feel like that kind of lines up with all this.

Blind spot:
– so focused on keeping everything positive and honest -> be too aggressive when things go wrong
– fail to recognize and avoid the importance of difficult emotions

Hah, I'm flashing back to when my friends got in a fight the summer before I went off to college and I got angry at both of them "YOU COULDN'T JUST LET IT GO EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE THE LAST FEW DAYS I HAD BEFORE LEAVING UGH"

which is funny because in other situations i can be the one who points out the elephant in the room despite others thinking it might be inappropriate. sometimes things just gotta be addressed!

7 fixed 4s are *surprise* some of my favorite people in the universe. You need to watch for the fact we are known to switch coping mechanisms though...so when bored or stressed you may find yourself mindlessly pushing your way into the future or even over-indulging. But I think 7 keeps many 4s above water and 4 keeps 7s in insane asylums or grounded.

oooh this was so cool! what do 2 and 8 do to the almighty 7?

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

These are so good. How are you so amazing? :cry:

Blind spot:
– getting too much internal tension
– identification with high ideals -> being inflexible and rigid
– random: alternate between being the life of the party / being appropriate and reserved

These are spot on, particularly the bolded, which throws people A LOT IRL.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow, 478 sounds so exciting. I wish I were you. (I have wished that before.)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wow, 478 sounds so exciting. I wish I were you. (I have wished that before.)

^^^same

If the ENFP description seems just a smidge too Chanaynay for yah and you can load for bear with the best of them...there's a slight chance you may be a ^^Messenger.

Wait...what's that supposed to mean! :cry: (also I thought the stereotypical ENFP was a 279 or something - I feel like the 278 is what can throw people in the ESFP direction for me)

Starry

Did you know I was stalking this thread still?!

(Also I loved senza's too)

I feel like this description is me at my best/when I'm the most happy with myself. I have oodles of free time but I feel most energized when I'm busy and caught up in my own affairs rather than that free-flow type of relaxation. I'm always free-flow, even if I'm on the go, so I'd rather be doing upbeat fun things with friends than sitting around being a blob (which kinda links together with some of those other words). Although I guess I can busy myself with my own interests, so in that sense then I'm never not up to something. :D

Although while I am a big motivator for others, I feel like this is even more true within my own bubble actually. I like to live my life feeling inspired from my own experiences and with a passion for making changes and improving myself because of them. I've actually noticed that I have a tendency to go on little tangents to people about my own life and how my experiences inspire me to change and take action and all that stuff (kind of like this but not necessarily that topic exclusively). I don't know where it's coming from but I feel like more and more the word "inspired" is just a word that's starting to suit me a lot lately and I feel like that kind of lines up with all this.

Hah, I'm flashing back to when my friends got in a fight the summer before I went off to college and I got angry at both of them "YOU COULDN'T JUST LET IT GO EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE THE LAST FEW DAYS I HAD BEFORE LEAVING UGH"

which is funny because in other situations i can be the one who points out the elephant in the room despite others thinking it might be inappropriate. sometimes things just gotta be addressed!

oooh this was so cool! what do 2 and 8 do to the almighty 7?

It was so fucking hard posting all of those that I became a little exhausted but reading this was...kinda like maybe smoking some opium in an opium den. All the pain just *poof* vanished.

I know that was so funny to me the anger part and your story. Every time you lash out at an injustice on the forum I notice so many people become alarmed and ask you about it haha and Starry's all like *there's the magic* you make things right Chan.

Starry

^^^same

Wait...what's that supposed to mean! :cry: (also I thought the stereotypical ENFP was a 279 or something - I feel like the 278 is what can throw people in the ESFP direction for me)

^^you may be right. The ESFPs I have a recollection of have all been 8s so that might skew things in my mind.

(the sad emoticon kinda made the opium feel go away fyi)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
(the sad emoticon kinda made the opium feel go away fyi)

I hope by now you've picked up on me using sadface emoticons more when I'm whiney than when I'm actually sad :alttongue:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
[MENTION=13377]pinkgraffiti[/MENTION]

The Messenger

Interest:
– implementing and manifesting their original vision
– love freedom
– want to be an authority

Mission:
– find truth and communicate your findings

Character:
– passionate
– cutting edge
– innovative
– compassionate
– freedom seeking
– very creative
– non conformist
– flamboyant
– exploring
– intuitive
– straight-forward
– original
– inspirational
– self-possessed
– unconventional
– intense
– can be moody and eccentric
– outgoing
– spontaneous
– individualistic
– assertive
– optimistic
– confrontational
– fun-loving
– fast-paced
– emotional
– powerful
– aesthetically brilliant
– visionary

Blind spot:
– so focused on your opinions, inside and what is new and profound -> come across as arrogant, resistant and uncooperative
What's happening?
Is this a cult?
What is this based on ?

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
478...wants to be an authority...... NO!

478... I never liked belonging to groups, but I liked people, so i'd travel between groups. As a child i was the go to person when someone had a problem, because i was independent, but participative, non judgmental and saw things from different perspectives.

I dont have a clear goal in life. Im still looking, exploring, trying to understand what my goal is. I'm not particularly good at anything, I give my best when I can do several things at the same time. I work great when I'm motivated but produce zero when non motivated.

Im a humanist and like to work with people. I love travelling and learning new languages. I love finding a way to communicate with anyone, and it makes the happiest when I can share an emotional moment with the most diverse person from me culturally (for instance when i had a full communication just using gestures with old people in inner mongolia).

Starry

What's happening?
Is this a cult?
What is this based on ?

What? I thought you said you've read this thread all the way through many, many times. I mean, we had a pretty extensive discussion on this further back so I don't really understand why you would be asking this but alright...

Starry said:
Yah, I mean, I think Chanaynay's right...there's just some kind of disconnect between cult leadership and the skill set of the enneagram 7. I mean, it seems like every time I start a cult...I start off really strong, get a good following, everything's going cool...but then after a while I'll start to loose interest for some reason. And I feel terrible but I'll even start to become irritated with my people. Like, they'll be all like "What else should we do Starry to prepare for the End Times?" And I'll be all "How about you prepare by leaving me the fuck alone." Honestly, it just never ends well so yah...it seems like we're all in agreement - stick to what you know right? We'll only use witchcraft and voodoo in this thread.

Starry

478...wants to be an authority...... NO!

478... I never liked belonging to groups, but I liked people, so i'd travel between groups. As a child i was the go to person when someone had a problem, because i was independent, but participative, non judgmental and saw things from different perspectives.

I dont have a clear goal in life. Im still looking, exploring, trying to understand what my goal is. I'm not particularly good at anything, I give my best when I can do several things at the same time. I work great when I'm motivated but produce zero when non motivated.

Im a humanist and like to work with people. I love travelling and learning new languages. I love finding a way to communicate with anyone, and it makes the happiest when I can share an emotional moment with the most diverse person from me culturally (for instance when i had a full communication just using gestures with old people in inner mongolia).

I keep reading this pink knowing that I got hung up on that authority part as well and was trying to think of how I could explain to you what it came to mean to me. It's still a blurry thing.

I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man.

-Che Guevara

I was also looking for Che quotes recently to put in this thread and^^ this one, said to the Bolivian special forces that surrounded his camp for capture still takes my breath away some. There's so much of me in that statement I wouldn't even know where to begin to describe. The thought I wanted to focus on though was how he was an authority that literally never saw himself as one. In everything he said and did he put himself as an equal to the people.

I think you can be an authority over things in the service of people.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] i dont think im 378. Im not much into the enegram game so i wouldnt even know. All i know is im a very stron7 and 8 coming close. The rest of them were all about the same.