• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] The Wisdom of the Enneagram Seven

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^^oh whoops [MENTION=22067]riva[/MENTION] I've been neglecting my thread. Have you finally figured out you're truly a 7?

^another reason i've been sticking around. :D i'm waiting for the day riva returns to our kind

I know I most likely seem 6w5 on the forum but I'm a 7w6 with a cp wing.

do you? you seem pretty 7w6 on here to me, but maybe i'm just remembering our interactions.

--

i feel like i should actually contribute my own "wisdom" here at some point. i feel like i've taken too much from this thread and not given back enough. :cry:

Starry

^another reason i've been sticking around. :D i'm waiting for the day riva returns to our kind

do you? you seem pretty 7w6 on here to me, but maybe i'm just remembering our interactions.

--

i feel like i should actually contribute my own "wisdom" here at some point. i feel like i've taken too much from this thread and not given back enough. :cry:

Oh my gosh that woman in your avatar is so beautiful.

Well no I think I'm very 7w6 haha (that's funny that you got me to admit that.) I can't remember which post of mine chubber was referring to when he questioned 6w5...but he wouldn't be the first person to do so. I think Zara even questioned 6w5 for me early on. I think people may underestimate how attached to justice a 7w6 actually is whether they choose to focus on it or not. It's like how we've discussed Che... positive outlook/terrifying military dude

Yes...I want your wisdom Chan! Which reminds me of a 7ish quote I wanted to drop off here...I have to get it. I think I'm going to make this my new sig (although I'm so fond of the one I currently have :wink: )

Starry

"Come,
wander with me into regions yet untrod;

And read
what is still unread in the manuscripts of God."

- - - Updated - - -

^^totally can't remember who wrote that and will have to return with that info.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh my gosh that woman in your avatar is so beautiful.

Hehe, I KNEW that once I changed avatars to her I'd get positive feedback from you. :D I was like "yay, I have an avatar Starry will finally approve of for once!"

(She's a Chinese actress named Fan Bingbing btw)

Well no I think I'm very 7w6 haha (that's funny that you got me to admit that.) I can't remember which post of mine chubber was referring to when he questioned 6w5...but he wouldn't be the first person to do so. I think Zara even questioned 6w5 for me early on. I think people may underestimate how attached to justice a 7w6 actually is whether they choose to focus on it or not. It's like how we've discussed Che... positive outlook/terrifying military dude

This is a good point tbh. Someone actually said they thought I was 1-fixed before they saw my sig. And besides the fact that I'm "one of the disintegrated" (I remember you saying this a while ago haha) I think it's also 6ness since anyone with 6 influence is going to place importance on justice in whatever places they frequent. I've been doing some reflection and I'm starting to realize more and more how being born biracial has shaped me as a person and I think my 6 wing as of late has been trying to figure out how to reconcile growing up with a preference for westernized/white things while looking and being perceived as Chinese. Right now I've been trying to find justice for that child and also security among people who don't make me feel ostracized.

Funny how I've been in this thread but it's mostly been discussing wings. :alttongue: I think it's cus 7s been a part of me for so long but 6 has only made itself really apparent in my late teens/early 20s (the point where I'm at right now).

Yes...I want your wisdom Chan! Which reminds me of a 7ish quote I wanted to drop off here...I have to get it. I think I'm going to make this my new sig (although I'm so fond of the one I currently have :wink: )

I wish I had some wholesome, all-encompassing wisdom to pass on but I can't think of anything. :cry: But if inspiration strikes or if someone asks for a piece of advice I can show everyone the E7 ways.

Starry

Hehe, I KNEW that once I changed avatars to her I'd get positive feedback from you. :D I was like "yay, I have an avatar Starry will finally approve of for once!"

(She's a Chinese actress named Fan Bingbing btw)

This is a good point tbh. Someone actually said they thought I was 1-fixed before they saw my sig. And besides the fact that I'm "one of the disintegrated" (I remember you saying this a while ago haha) I think it's also 6ness since anyone with 6 influence is going to place importance on justice in whatever places they frequent. I've been doing some reflection and I'm starting to realize more and more how being born biracial has shaped me as a person and I think my 6 wing as of late has been trying to figure out how to reconcile growing up with a preference for westernized/white things while looking and being perceived as Chinese. Right now I've been trying to find justice for that child and also security among people who don't make me feel ostracized.

Funny how I've been in this thread but it's mostly been discussing wings. :alttongue: I think it's cus 7s been a part of me for so long but 6 has only made itself really apparent in my late teens/early 20s (the point where I'm at right now).

I wish I had some wholesome, all-encompassing wisdom to pass on but I can't think of anything. :cry: But if inspiration strikes or if someone asks for a piece of advice I can show everyone the E7 ways.

^^This is wisdom Chanaynay
And I love knowing someone that is one big insight after another. I truly do.

Your insights on biraciality (<-which the red squiggly line is telling me is not a word) are especially profound due to the fact my experience has been entirely the opposite. I am white in skin only it seems and resent more than I could possibly describe the expectations I'm subjected to because of something so ridiculously superficial.

We are strongly connected to 6 and 5. Let's go start a riot :wink:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^^This is wisdom Chanaynay
And I love knowing someone that is one big insight after another. I truly do.

:blush: I'm learning to love this side of myself. I find that a lot of the time I'm with a friend they say something like "huh, I haven't thought about that before" or things along those lines. 75% of the time the stuff I suggest just makes everyone judge me or think I'm a ditz, but the times I manage to connect it with everyone else I feel happy that I've given us something new to think about.

We are strongly connected to 6 and 5. Let's go start a riot :wink:

*grabs a glitter coated pitchfork* LET'S ROLL

(next time I'll come to this thread with a cool quote too)

Starry

I don't understand any of this because I'm drunk right now and I know that's not a good decision but whatever

- - - Updated - - -

omg.

head spinning.

why

- - - Updated - - -

ntificaion

- - - Updated - - -

that was syooisedto be trhee separate posts but now it's just one

- - - Updated - - -

fucj you typoc you never loved me anyway

fucking lol.

Starry

^I totally hope five sounds catches that.

OK, so now that I'm a seven, do I pick up my wisdom here?

Not that I've ever had a handle on this thread which is precisely why I never start them...but um I didn't even know these posts existed. I need a 6ft screen or something because I miss things so artistically. <-Alright readily (are you happy now?)

7 fixed 4s are *surprise* some of my favorite people in the universe. You need to watch for the fact we are known to switch coping mechanisms though...so when bored or stressed you may find yourself mindlessly pushing your way into the future or even over-indulging. But I think 7 keeps many 4s above water and 4 keeps 7s in insane asylums or grounded.

Starry

Then make one for your type.

What are you doing here...several months ago? haha. I'm just taking this opportunity to say that I loved how you said something like "grow up" in the Highly Sensitive Person thread.

Starry

Well if you insist. Personally I’ve always respected 7 for it's lack of curves; stuck betweens 6's need to out curve 5, an 8's ridiculous need to over compensate. 7 seems to shrug off the game, an gets on with being its bad self. You have got to admire that level of indifference to peer pressure.

PS this song has always struck me as a good example of 7's resilience to defeat.

What if.... not saying this is true or anything...but what if a 7 was unable to understand the game due to there being too many rules and subsequently didn't play...would that entirely hypothetical 7 still receive badass cred from you?

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
“Reality is a cliché from which we escape by metaphor.” Wallace Stevens

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^I totally hope five sounds catches that.

Not that I've ever had a handle on this thread which is precisely why I never start them...but um I didn't even know these posts existed. I need a 6ft screen or something because I miss things so artistically. <-Alright readily (are you happy now?)

7 fixed 4s are *surprise* some of my favorite people in the universe. You need to watch for the fact we are known to switch coping mechanisms though...so when bored or stressed you may find yourself mindlessly pushing your way into the future or even over-indulging. But I think 7 keeps many 4s above water and 4 keeps 7s in insane asylums or grounded.

I knew I'd get my wisdom here.

Starry

^^ is that duplicated? I don't understand. I didn't even edit it. I'm going to repost if I can.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ is that duplicated? I don't understand. I didn't even edit it. I'm going to repost if I can.

Sometimes the server hiccups and you accidentally double post. When that happens, the double post is formatted as Edited

---

and then the post.

Starry

I knew I'd get my wisdom here.

I've gotcha wizdem fer ya right here...in singular form fingers crossed...

The Visionary

Interest:
– want idealism
– unusual combination: both 7ish and 1ish (two sides of a coin)
– compare yourself to others

Mission:
– bring ways to create meaningful change and teach/inspire others toward higher values of excellence

Character:
– idealistic
– perfectionist
– serious
– bold
– playful
– reserved
– self conscious
– uninhibited
– optimistic
– frustrated
– diligent
– creative
– intuitive
– ethical
– right
– magical
– fussy
– intense
– disciplined
– special
– expressive
– original
– fastidious
– impatient
– unconventional
– eccentric
– energetic
– selfish

Blind spot:
– getting too much internal tension
– identification with high ideals -> being inflexible and rigid
– random: alternate between being the life of the party / being appropriate and reserved

Starry

[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]

The Free Spirit
The Humanitarian

Interest:
– pleasing and protecting others
– being free, positive and upbeat

Mission:
– be an instrument of change, transforming difficult situations into moments of inspiration

Character:
– caring
– innovative
– people-oriented
– gentle
– helpful
– outgoing
– confident
– power-seeking
– positive
– fun
– charming
– enthusiastic
– joyful
– exuberant
– funny
– charming
– sunny
– action oriented
– upbeat
– nurturing
– free spirit
– honest
– busy
– big hearted
– magnanimous, generous
– sacrificial
– protector
– focused
– innovative
– assertive
– non-conforming
– sensitive to the needs of others
– humanitarians
– excess
– pride
– defensive
– compassionate
– arrogant

Blind spot:
– so focused on keeping everything positive and honest -> be too aggressive when things go wrong
– fail to recognize and avoid the importance of difficult emotions

Starry

^^ummm soooooo I'm taking these out of my docs and...so weird...I don't know where I got them which may be why I haven't posted them previously. So credit goes to someplace on the internet.

Starry

[MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION]

The Peacemaker

Interest:
– seeing the best in others, relating to them
– having fun
– helping others

Mission:
– create and promote smooth and harmonic ways to handle conflict

Character:
– open
– resolving
– light
– no pain
– harmonious
– caring
– innovative
– accepting
– helpful
– upbeat
– peaceful
– kind
– easygoing
– humorous
– optimistic, positive
– effusive
– relational

Blind spot:
– so identified with keeping life free of conflict and negativity -> turn a blind eye to conflicts that need to be managed as opportunities for change

Fears:
– conflict
– anger
– being ignored
– negativity