• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] The Wisdom of the Enneagram Seven

Starry

:ack!:

The type 7 who actually likes this stuff is mistyped, extremely developed, or completely bonkers.

Luna...I don't... haha...you're funny...

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Luna...I don't... haha...you're funny...

Yeah I know she must be cray cray and possibly mistyped. Obviously you, on the other hand, are a Supreme Seven. The point of these things is for the less supreme sevens to cower in fear from them.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wish there was something even half as amazing as this thread for my type. :sadbanana:

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All comments on the topic of 7 are welcome in this thread.

Well if you insist. Personally I’ve always respected 7 for it's lack of curves; stuck betweens 6's need to out curve 5, an 8's ridiculous need to over compensate. 7 seems to shrug off the game, an gets on with being its bad self. You have got to admire that level of indifference to peer pressure.

PS this song has always struck me as a good example of 7's resilience to defeat.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Then make one for your type.

Knew someone would say something like this. I guess it is a very natural reaction to have. It's also a misunderstanding of where I'm coming from and the sentiment that motivated that post.

Which is that I love the people in this thread and the experience, wisdom, honesty and kindness they've brought with them and a part of me envies what they have ... all the more intensely because it's not replicable. No amount of initiative or effort or bootstraps or whatever is going to bring you any closer to a kindred spirit ... or help someone looking in from the outside begin to understand you.

Nope, this thread is definitely one of a kind.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Knew someone would say something like this. I guess it is a very natural reaction to have. It's also a misunderstanding of where I'm coming from and the sentiment that motivated that post.

Which is that I love the people in this thread and the experience, wisdom, honesty and kindness they've brought with them and a part of me envies what they have ... all the more intensely because it's not replicable. No amount of initiative or effort or bootstraps or whatever is going to bring you any closer to a kindred spirit ... or help someone looking in from the outside begin to understand you.

What e type are you?

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bump......... because MOAR E7!

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well if you insist. Personally I’ve always respected 7 for it's lack of curves; stuck betweens 6's need to out curve 5, an 8's ridiculous need to over compensate. 7 seems to shrug off the game, an gets on with being its bad self. You have got to admire that level of indifference to peer pressure.

Hmm, maybe it's having the 6 wing and being so/sx but I feel the opposite of indifference to peer pressure. :sadbanana: I can disregard peer pressure but I always feel it. It's the fear of undermining the security of my relationships mixed with the need to keep the room upbeat and happy so whatever we are doing will be a good and worthwhile experience. Not that I'm submissive (I would NEVER describe myself that way at this point in my life haha) but I think I'm more eager to compromise than to debate. I detest more than anything else having something with so much potential to be fun and lively ruined by people's bad vibes - minus some good Grey's Anatomy-esque drama here and there.

People sometimes think I'm 729 over 728 sometimes because of this but this side of me is very tied to 7/6ish reasons, while my baby 8 fix manifests at very different times.

Starry

I wish there was something even half as amazing as this thread for my type. :sadbanana:

PS this song has always struck me as a good example of 7's resilience to defeat.

You guys I walked away...and then when I remembered having seen these posts this morning prior to reaching my "daily coffee intake minimum" I'm legally, contractually bound to and required to meet before speaking, making decisions and/or operating heavy machinery.

When it came back into my mind...I came back to say brilliant posts. And it's amazing really...when I returned to the site after a short absence...which has nothing to do with having to check myself into an "inpatient spa" after seeing Qwan start a type-me thread and proceed to use "the fundamentals of 7" or "all of the key/cornerstone e7 fears and issues" to make a case for why he's e6...no. I got busy this past Christmas and it took me a while to catch up.

But Dr. Mobius I iooked for you...and I don't do that. Not because I don't care but rather I'm not good at it haha. But I looked for you. And let me say there's not much I find more appealing than a bloody faced avatar.

And I see Arcana found her tribe.

I will eventually return. And Chanaynay <3

Okay...I'm not editing and wrote this in record speed. Please know that haha.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm, maybe it's having the 6 wing and being so/sx but I feel the opposite of indifference to peer pressure. :sadbanana: I can disregard peer pressure but I always feel it. It's the fear of undermining the security of my relationships mixed with the need to keep the room upbeat and happy so whatever we are doing will be a good and worthwhile experience. Not that I'm submissive (I would NEVER describe myself that way at this point in my life haha) but I think I'm more eager to compromise than to debate. I detest more than anything else having something with so much potential to be fun and lively ruined by people's bad vibes - minus some good Grey's Anatomy-esque drama here and there.

People sometimes think I'm 729 over 728 sometimes because of this but this side of me is very tied to 7/6ish reasons, while my baby 8 fix manifests at very different times.

Indifference is not the absence of peer pressure, its ignoring it when it suits you. All humans feel peer pressure, were social creatures, what you describe is having limits so as not to be an ass hole. The interesting thing about e7s is the way you seem to naturally twist it. For instance I seem to recall that your sig featured a users attempt to humiliate and silence you...... you turned it into an amusing quip, while simultaneously showing a complete indifference to the opinion. What you do naturally others often struggle with.

You guys I walked away...and then when I remembered having seen these posts this morning prior to reaching my "daily coffee intake minimum" I'm legally, contractually bound to and required to meet before speaking, making decisions and/or operating heavy machinery.

When it came back into my mind...I came back to say brilliant posts. And it's amazing really...when I returned to the site after a short absence...which has nothing to do with having to check myself into an "inpatient spa" after seeing Qwan start a type-me thread and proceed to use "the fundamentals of 7" or "all of the key/cornerstone e7 fears and issues" to make a case for why he's e6...no. I got busy this past Christmas and it took me a while to catch up.

:laugh:

But Dr. Mobius I iooked for you...and I don't do that. Not because I don't care but rather I'm not good at it haha. But I looked for you.

What a coincidence I've been looking for me as well :wink:. What can I say I'm like the Spanish Inquisition.

And let me say there's not much I find more appealing than a bloody faced avatar.

It is exquisite isn't it? The moment I saw it, I had to have it. :wubbie:

:happy2: I'll be waiting; this place isn't nearly as interesting without you to stir things up.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

But Dr. Mobius I iooked for you...and I don't do that. Not because I don't care but rather I'm not good at it haha. But I looked for you. And let me say there's not much I find more appealing than a bloody faced avatar.

And I see Arcana found her tribe.

I don't understand any of this because I'm drunk right now and I know that's not a good decision but whatever

- - - Updated - - -

omg.

head spinning.

why

- - - Updated - - -

ntificaion

- - - Updated - - -

that was syooisedto be trhee separate posts but now it's just one

- - - Updated - - -

fucj you typoc you never loved me anyway

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Indifference is not the absence of peer pressure, its ignoring it when it suits you. All humans feel peer pressure, were social creatures, what you describe is having limits so as not to be an ass hole. The interesting thing about e7s is the way you seem to naturally twist it. For instance I seem to recall that your sig featured a users attempt to humiliate and silence you...... you turned it into an amusing quip, while simultaneously showing a complete indifference to the opinion. What you do naturally others often struggle with.

Good point!

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
“Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that. And living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness.

Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.”

-Louise Erdrich

Why should I tell myself I tasted as many as I could? If I want an apple, I can get one myself.
Also, they won't waste their sweetness because I'm gonna make apple juice, apple sauce, apple pie, and sell them all and become rich. Nothing shall be wasted. Absolutely nothing. It's inefficient and stupid. It's like getting money and not investing it. Fucking stupid.
And no, I'm not on earth to love. I'm on earth to accomplish something. To become wealthy and have an impact on other people's lives.
And also no, I won't be swallowed up. I will escape fate and become greater than anyone could even imagine one could become.
Life will never break me! I'm an exception. I'm not meant to be broken, or I'd be dead as we speak. I could have died so many times in my life if I could.
And no, I don't have to feel. I have to think, like nobody has before. I have to exceed the normal humans that seriosuly believe you have to feel.

I can't relate to this at all. I don't get it.

Starry

Why should I tell myself I tasted as many as I could? If I want an apple, I can get one myself.
Also, they won't waste their sweetness because I'm gonna make apple juice, apple sauce, apple pie, and sell them all and become rich. Nothing shall be wasted. Absolutely nothing. It's inefficient and stupid. It's like getting money and not investing it. Fucking stupid.
And no, I'm not on earth to love. I'm on earth to accomplish something. To become wealthy and have an impact on other people's lives.
And also no, I won't be swallowed up. I will escape fate and become greater than anyone could even imagine one could become.
Life will never break me! I'm an exception. I'm not meant to be broken, or I'd be dead as we speak. I could have died so many times in my life if I could.
And no, I don't have to feel. I have to think, like nobody has before. I have to exceed the normal humans that seriosuly believe you have to feel.

I can't relate to this at all. I don't get it.

Hey RandomINTP, I appreciate your feedback on that quote...and relate to what you have to say here to some extent. One of the things I have discussed in this thread...a phenomenon that can be found in nearly every enneagram description of 7 that goes past the mere fundamentals of this type...is how the specific features and fears of 7...some of which you seem to touch on above...can eventually cause "life to break" for the entranced 7 (many and I mean...a shit-load-kind-of-many e7s report waking-up one day to find their life has spontaneously combusted.) <-hence the quote...which having experienced this break myself...I find quite profound.

Perhaps you do not relate because you haven't had this common shared experience. Or perhaps you aren't a 7 in the first place. Having encountered a number of your posts...I suspect it is the latter.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hey RandomINTP, I appreciate your feedback on that quote...and relate to what you have to say here to some extent. One of the things I have discussed in this thread...a phenomenon that can be found in nearly every enneagram description of 7 that goes past the mere fundamentals of this type...is how the specific features and fears of 7...some of which you seem to touch on above...can eventually cause "life to break" for the entranced 7 (many and I mean...a shit-load-kind-of-many e7s report waking-up one day to find their life has spontaneously combusted.) <-hence the quote...which having experienced this break myself...I find quite profound.

Perhaps you do not relate because you haven't had this common shared experience. Or perhaps you aren't a 7 in the first place. Having encountered a number of your posts...I suspect it is the latter.

The latter? Look at it this way.
Everything I do is for the sake of fun.
I want to become an attorney just for the sake of arguing and debating with people and fucking with them (metaphorically, but also literally).

Your post sounds like 7w6 if 7 at all.
Also might be cause I'm a cold optimist.
When someone dies, and everyone is crying, I'm the person that says "Hell, at least he died in his sleep, and he was a jerk anyway."
In fact, when I was a kid and my brother died, I missed him the first minute, but the next minute, I forgot about him and played soccer with my friends like nothing happened.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OK, so now that I'm a seven, do I pick up my wisdom here?

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What happens when you disintegrate into e1?

I want to know what happens to e7s in general.

Starry

^^oh whoops [MENTION=22067]riva[/MENTION] I've been neglecting my thread. Have you finally figured out you're truly a 7?

[MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION]

I know I most likely seem 6w5 on the forum but I'm a 7w6 with a cp wing.