• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] The Wisdom of the Enneagram Seven

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"And I will not be commanded. And I will not be controlled. And I will not let my future go on without the help of my soul." - Greg Holden

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To love a girl who wanders, you must know that her soul yearns for movement.

The beat of a drum, the whistle of a train and the summit of a mountain are all the same language to her, urging her to move.

Your voice and your touch, too, can speak the language of movement. That is the second thing you must know. If a girl who wanders loves you, her soul will sway to the cadence of your words.

A girl who wanders sees poetry in everything, from the magnificence of the stars to the dance of a blade of grass.

If you love her, you must realize that you are poetry as well. Write her haikus in kisses and limericks in tiny gestures.

She will understand what you mean.

If you love a girl who wanders, run beside her. Not ahead of her or behind her, for both of these will quickly try her patience, but beside her. Do not follow or lead her to the highest peak or the tastiest food truck in sight; rather, join your paths and walk with her. Match your stride to her, and she just might do the same.

This is a girl, a woman, a being who is accustomed to following her instincts and making her own way. She probably travels alone, makes friends easily on the road (bidding them farewell just as easily), and ignores the ‘Do Not Enter’ sign.

Compromise does not come naturally to her. Be patient. The constant give and take of a relationship will take time for her to learn, but when she does, you will find her more generous, more compassionate than you could have imagined. For a girl who wanders has made a study of empathy.

She is made of water. She knows fluidity and change.

If you love a girl like this, you must discover the secret of holding her in your eyelashes, for she will slip through your fingers.

Sometimes the water in her will spill over. You don’t have to ask why. Your presence is enough.

To love a girl who wanders, realize that wanderlust is a true affliction.

When her gaze is unfocused and her thoughts far away, know that she dreams not of other people, but of other worlds. Dream with her of caravans in the dessert and of sea journeys centuries ago. Help her plan road trips, buy plane tickets, or even build a tent in the living room when there are no better options.

Her craving for adventure cannot be suppressed for too long, and if you love a girl who wanders, you will be on the seat beside her when it is time to go.

To show this girl your love, bring her wildflowers and found objects—she will appreciate the journey that went into their gathering. Dance with her whenever you can. Share her joy as she spins, gypsy skirts flying outward. Listen to her stories, for she will have many—both true and remembered—and save your own in a carved hollow in your mind for when she asks you to tell her one.

To love a girl who wanders, be prepared to say yes.

Yes to adventures. Yes to treasure hunts and hopeless quests. Yes to a lifetime of searching. Do this, and she will, quite possibly, say yes to you.

A girl who wanders may not have many roots. You must offer her the depths of your heart and soul in which to plant sturdier ones. To act as soil and sustenance for another person’s spirit is both a privilege and a responsibility— never take it lightly.

If you love a girl who wanders, only give her what she can carry—nothing bigger than your heart. Anything larger would be a waste. Accept her need to seek—strive to comprehend it, even—and comfort her when the leaves fall across her path and she feels lost.

Let her wander through the labyrinth of your mind, and marvel at the beauty she finds there. Hold her in your eyelashes, the lines of your hand and the ridges of your forehead, and wander with her.

cheesy? maybe. but this struck me in a certain way. i think maybe some other 7s or people who have a 7 in their lives might appreciate it too.

Starry

Detachment

Thank you, starry.
Whatever happens will happen. I can just accept that, with whatever ups and downs come my way.

إرادة الله

^^Do you know what that means?

When I lived in Egypt I was on a bus headed back into Cairo from the Sinai region that broke down in the middle of the desert. As an American (the only American/Westerner on this luxury travel bus that I had paid a higher fare for just for the AC)...I did not think critically about the *new* situation I had just entered into but rather made American-styled assumptions with regards to what would happen next. IOW, I pulled out my book, leaned back in my comfy bus seat, hoped no one became pissed and/or disruptive at the driver and began waiting for the 'replacement bus' to arrive.

Now, my first clue that the 'replacement bus' was a figment of my imagination was not the fact that everyone had disembarked and while that had been going on some nice man had tapped me on my shoulder and gestured towards the front...and I smiled and gestured a wave communicating a silent but clear "oh no thanks, I'm good...I don't need to stretch my legs." No, my first clue...my first glimpse into the fact I was being overly optimistic (story of my life)...was when I noticed approx. 30 of my co-riders hop into the back of an oversized dump truck with their luggage and drive off. "What? Oh, I bet those people are on some sort of schedule." I lean back again.

By the time I figured-out in my positive outlook mind that something wasn't going the way I thought it was going to go and had finally wandered off the bus... I saw the last of the passengers including the bus driver hopping into someone's private vehicle/van that had pulled-over to the side of the road. And as the driver started to pull away while *my* former driver was still in the process of attempting to slide the side door of the van shut with so many people packed into it ... I screamed "Wait, what do I do to get home? How do I get back to Cairo?" And that was the last thing I heard...before the door was shut...the van drove off...and I was all alone in the blazing desert sun. إرادة الله

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
إرادة الله

^^Do you know what that means?

When I lived in Egypt I was on a bus headed back into Cairo from the Sinai region that broke down in the middle of the desert. As an American (the only American/Westerner on this luxury travel bus that I had paid a higher fare for just for the AC)...I did not think critically about the *new* situation I had just entered into but rather made American-styled assumptions with regards to what would happen next. IOW, I pulled out my book, leaned back in my comfy bus seat, hoped no one became pissed and/or disruptive at the driver and began waiting for the 'replacement bus' to arrive.

Now, my first clue that the 'replacement bus' was a figment of my imagination was not that the fact everyone had disembarked and while that had been going on some nice man had tapped me on my shoulder and gestured towards the front...and I smiled and gestured a wave communicating a silent but clear "oh no thanks, I'm good...I don't need to stretch my legs." No, my first clue...my first glimpse into the fact I was being overly optimistic (story of my life)...was when I noticed approx. 30 of my co-riders hop into the back of an oversized dump truck with their luggage and drive off. "What? Oh, I bet those people are on some sort of schedule." I lean back again.

By the time I figured-out in my positive outlook mind that something wasn't going the way I thought it was going to go and had finally wandered off the bus... I saw last of the passengers including the bus driver hopping into someone's private vehicle/van that had pulled-over to the side of the road. And as the driver started to pull away while *my* former driver was still in the process of attempting to slide the side door of the van shut with so many people packed into it ... I screamed "Wait, what do I do to get home? How do I get back to Cairo?" And that was the last thing I heard...before the door was shut...the van drove off...and I was all alone in the blazing desert sun. إرادة الله

E7 entitlement?

I don't know what else your getting at.

Egypt sure sounds like an adventure! My father always wanted to go there and to go to Australia. About the only two places he never went. He was a hard guy to pin down.

How is that relevant to what I said, anyway? Isn't it true there is good and bad and you just have to take things in stride?

Starry

"And I will not be commanded. And I will not be controlled. And I will not let my future go on without the help of my soul." - Greg Holden

I saw this when you first posted it. And I just became blown-away by it again. I want so badly to describe the feelings that rush through me when I read it and it's like the feelings refuse to take-on English words. There's something that cuts deep here for me though in a profound and beautiful way and the fact you were the one that placed it here means...in accordance with e7 code...I now must purchase you your own tropical island with all the amenities including a hammock between two palm trees...and of course a private boat to get there.

Tropical-Island-Background-520x390.jpg

Starry

E7 entitlement?

I don't know what else your getting at.

Egypt sure sounds like an adventure! My father always wanted to go there and to go to Australia. About the only two places he never went. He was a hard guy to pin down.

How is that relevant to what I said, anyway? Isn't it true there is good and bad and you just have to take things in stride?

Oh whoops where did you come from? haha. I didn't think you were here so I thought I had time and was pondering five sounds stuff... but I should have known that young ExxPs are everywhere at once.

Some of my story has to do a bit with unhealthy American and 7 entitlement...sure. But your comment was one of the first I've personally seen that appeared to have some healthy (authentically stated) as opposed to nihlistic e5 elements in it. I'm getting ready to talk a bit about detachment.....soon.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh whoops where did you come from? haha. I didn't think you were here so I thought I had time and was pondering five sounds stuff... but I should have known that young ExxPs are everywhere at once.

Some of my story has to do a bit with unhealthy American and 7 entitlement...sure. But your comment was one of the first I've personally seen that appeared to have some healthy (authentically stated) as opposed to nihlistic e5 elements in it. I'm getting ready to talk a bit about detachment.....soon.

Meanwhile, I'll chillax a bit.

Starry

Meanwhile, I'll chillax a bit.

Actually, help a 7 out will you?

Your response to getting fired from the pharmacy is not an uncommon one for the 7 whether externally dramatic like you and I so charmingly present for all the world to see and take pity on...or buried deep leading to substance abuse and other issues...

I've spoken about it before...but I want someone else to explain it in your "logos" fashion. What happens when you "lose it?" And why does that occur?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actually, help a 7 out will you?

Your response to getting fired from the pharmacy is not an uncommon one for the 7 whether externally dramatic like you and I so charmingly present for all the world to see and take pity on...or buried deep leading to substance abuse and other issues...

I've spoken about it before...but I want someone else to explain it in your "logos" fashion. What happens when you "lose it?" And why does that occur?

I don't know, to be honest. It often feels like all the possible ways out of my bad situation have been used and that I need to go out in a supernova to "prove" I cared about what I just failed at. If I just hushed the emotions right away, people might think I didn't care. I can care a lot about something and have it wither in my hands. There is no worse feeling. My plans are ruined. There is no future outside of what there is now. All of the past data I've gathered points to oblivion, and I can't find a legitimate way out. I'm trapped and humiliated anyway, so why not?

Something else I just thought of, though this would be a little less conscious: I get positive statements and messages from people when I explode. It seems to activate nurturing tendencies in others. It helps pull me out if I can be shown new possibilities and if I get warmth and support from people. If I don't get it, I collapse on myself and get really dark and suicidal and nihilistic. When I was younger and got to that point, I might push away attackers with religious criticism (yeah, I may be X, but you are involved in unclean practices, so I am more pure than you!), but that isn't a popular route for me anymore and hasn't been since I deconverted from JW. My secular standpoint doesn't have enough "sins" to throw at people to get them to leave me alone.

I bargain with myself a lot, reassessing myself. I may decide that if I can't hold down a decent, steady job, I couldn't raise a family since families are even harder to upkeep and require at least a little money to thrive ( Riches won't guarantee happiness, but no money at all prohibits it. Dreams aren't built on magic and pixie dust, you know… ).

I hope that answered the question. I took you about as deep as I can get and hit it from several angles.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I saw this when you first posted it. And I just became blown-away by it again. I want so badly to describe the feelings that rush through me when I read it and it's like the feelings refuse to take-on English words. There's something that cuts deep here for me though in a profound and beautiful way and the fact you were the one that placed it here means...in accordance with e7 code...I now must purchase you your own tropical island with all the amenities including a hammock between two palm trees...and of course a private boat to get there.

Tropical-Island-Background-520x390.jpg

Thank you!

Later, bitches :frolic:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My autism cost me this last interview. I really wish I could stick to working online. I seem at least somewhat able to think out what I'm going to say. I suck at face to face interaction, even if I'm not nervous!

You must experience this too, [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My autism cost me this last interview. I really wish I could stick to working online. I seem at least somewhat able to think out what I'm going to say. I suck at face to face interaction, even if I'm not nervous!

Oh, well, can't let this get me down. The market may be atrocious, but if I keep applying for jobs (even minimum wage ones), something will stick. If I lose that job, I'll always be able to find another. I gotta tune out my step-father when he says I'll never amount to anything.

I guess I could do something where I can help people without actually dealing with people directly. People seem to like me until they meet me in the flesh.

The main commentary my mother would overhear is that I seem very unsure of myself, I'm spacey, I'm forgetful, and I misread others emotional cues. I personally experience that I have very bad comprehension when listening to people, and usually hear things completely different than what they said. I feel that if I read it, I understand it better.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay! Let's go Qwan :D

How common is it to be both ENFP and Autistic, anyway?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
“Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that. And living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness.

Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.”

-Louise Erdrich

How beautiful!

Starry

I'm not a medical professional MQ but have worked with Autistic individuals in my time and I'm just going to go ahead and confess that from my interactions with you I am left with some doubt that you in fact have this condition. This feeling is also heavily fueled by the fact you were diagnosed immediately following your father's passing which...from everything I've gathered...is not a time that most doctors would hand out a diagnosis like that.

If you have forgotten, I have always advocated for you to be reassessed.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not a medical professional MQ but have worked with Autistic individuals in my time and I'm just going to go ahead and confess that from my interactions with you I am left with some doubt's that you in fact have this condition. This feeling is also heavily fueled by the fact you were diagnosed immediately following your father's passing which...from everything I've gathered...is not a time that most doctors would hand out a diagnosis like that.

If you have forgotten, I have always advocated for you to be reassessed.

Thank you. SOMETHING makes interactions with some people awkward, though. I've always said my thoughts seem too slow for Ne, but do you know what does move a million miles per hour inside me? My emotions. Those feeling tones shift far faster than I could possibly think.

Or…yeah…I said I would stay calm…sorry 'bout that. I wonder what study abroad programs would be like? I could go see England. So much history there…so many sights to see…
Now, that feels better…

There is adventure out there, still…

I'm being way to serious, I guess.

Go with the flow…

Nah…

I'm a leech and will be rather I want it or not…
I'm a strange creature that eats people's food and forgets simple intsructions…who needs, or even WANTS that? I'm going to bed now.

No…
There has to be hope out there…somewhere…

But there can't be!

No, there are still possibilities, I just have to keep looking. I need to relax, calm down…

I feel like I'm losing my mind!

Starry

Thank you. SOMETHING makes interactions with some people awkward, though. I've always said my thoughts seem too slow for Ne, but do you know what does move a million miles per hour inside me? My emotions. Those feeling tones shift far faster than I could possibly think.

Or…yeah…I said I would stay calm…sorry 'bout that. I wonder what study abroad programs would be like? I could go see England. So much history there…so many sights to see…
Now, that feels better…

There is adventure out there, still…

I'm being way to serious, I guess.

Go with the flow…

Sorry MQ, you know I'm popping in and out here as I attempted to get random life shit done.

Again, not a medical pro but from my own experience I know that if you take ADD/ADHD...which is often accompanied by a side of generalized anxiety (many people with ADD/ADHD will unknowingly begin to make use of the hyper-alertness that the state of anxiety throws a person into because it assists them in keeping-up the with mainstream population. Or said in a different way "7w6")

^^then on top of that you add to it things like 'chronic PTSD' and 'prolonged depression' and you've just produced an individual that can work through complex mathematical equations or write an award winning piece of literature...but can't count small objects, tell you what day of the week it is or perhaps tell that their ESFJ supervisor is hurt and gossiping about you to your co-workers because you forgot her birthday.

I can see how that might look like autism in a young (innocent, unsophisticated) boy being raised in the JW community....

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sorry MQ, you know I'm popping in and out here as I attempted to get random life shit done.

Again, not a medical pro but from my own experience I know that if you take ADD/ADHD...which is often accompanied by a side of generalized anxiety (many people with ADD/ADHD will unknowingly begin to make use of the hyper-alertness that the state of anxiety throws a person into because it assists them in keeping-up the with mainstream population. Or said in a different way "7w6")

^^then on top of that you add to it things like 'chronic PTSD' and 'prolonged depression' and you've just produced an individual that can work through complex mathematical equations or write an award winning piece of literature...but can't count small objects, tell you what day of the week it is or perhaps tell that their ESFJ supervisor is hurt and gossiping about you to your co-workers because you forgot her birthday.

I can see how that might look like autism in a young (innocent, unsophisticated) boy being raised in the JW community....
I understand. I feel like I'm being torn apart right now. In and out, in and out. I just want to go to bed. It's almost midnight…

Starry

I understand. I feel like I'm being torn apart right now. In and out, in and out. I just want to go to bed. It's almost midnight…

And here I thought the discussion was quite non-violent haha. Please, go to sleep.

edit: okay i'm seeing your edits to your posts. Detach and sleep MQ. Detach and sleep.